Hastening Exhoration and Ranged Attack Speed..sorry im at work cant check

Does hastening exhortation effect RANGED attack speed? It only says attack speed on the buff..Where the chanter chant specifically says ranged attack speed.  So is hastening exhortation is just for melee?  I wanted to know if someone knew as I cant check atm because I am at work.

Have gun will travel.

I think I answered my own question as I was looking on the Wiki (I know its a bit outdated but someone updated some of it the other day) and I was looking at "attack speed" and it mentions Warbows, Hunting Bows etc  I guess I get confused because some buffs specifically mention "Ranged Attack Speed" that makes me think that "attack speed" is just melee as I have not seen a buff that specifically states "Melee Attack speed"...but from what it looks like the buffs that say Ranged attack speed are tell that you that it only applies to ranged weapons where attack speed is for ALL weapons...sorry I have too much time at work haha

Opinions?

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

Ranged and melee attack speeds are selective criteria, meaning they are weaker than normal attack speed because they are only intended to affect one over the other.

To see an example of melee attack speed, I think the rogue's modal used to have it. 

Edited by Ymarsakar

Yep.  Checked it on an old save of mine.  Makes Hiravis into a casting machine.  Granted with the xpack he gets haste still good to know.

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

It even works with spells :-)

Is Natures Bounty the druid AOE Haste? I guess everyone can chug the potion Like the potion you get in your inventory? haven't played White March yet (just getting their) no spoilers other then that!

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

Yes, it's the name of the spell, but I have not reached lvl 13 with a druid for now.
I've just read about the 20% haste of the potion.

It could help if someone had the detailed effect of the potion, especially duration.

I would like to know too if it is possible to cast it out of combat, and if potion lasts after combat.

All good questions.  I am trying not to base my decision (still have some time im almost level 8   based on what other classes have cause most classes over lap on buffs they just don't over lap (as much) in what their core is.  What they are good at.  Some still do but not quit like buffs.  Cause ya If I run Hiravias late game Hastening Exhort isn't as good when he has Natures Bounty...I have Pallegina with Liberating Exhoration and do run a Priest with Suppress Affliction (I am not Dacrozzi so no Acc buff) so grabbing that could be over kill.  Reinforcing Exhortation sounds good and overlaps the least but yet again Circle or Protection buffs all defenses and I doubt it stacks with Reinforcing (reinforcing exhort is per encounter although priests get circle per encounter at 13).

So I can either grab Sworn Enemy on a Frontline Paladin whose damage is OK at best.  He is only really good at Alpha Striking CCed foes with FoD or wearing someone down 1v1. (hey its an upgrade my pre 2.0 tanks couldn't down anyone.  so boring.) OR grab a buff that might overlap but hell so what.  More haste, or suppressing debuffs or more deflection for tanks and Ituumak (who hits really damn hard now for some reason) cant be bad. 

The only Exhortation that I find as a MUST (in Trial of Iron and PoTD) is Reviving Exhortation.  Which I got at 7.  I don't think you can have enough of being able to get your friends back in the fight when you only have ONE chance at it.  With my current set up I will have 3.  Me, Pallegina and Durance.

Yes, it's the name of the spell, but I have not reached lvl 13 with a druid for now.
I've just read about the 20% haste of the potion.

It could help if someone had the detailed effect of the potion, especially duration.

I would like to know too if it is possible to cast it out of combat, and if potion lasts after combat.

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

Ya that's true.  I was going to say why not just chug potions of Deflection BUT I don't think there is a potion that flat out gives you deflection for a certain time.  Most of them only last until you are hit.  Maybe I am wrong.  Never thought about it that way.

Have gun will travel.

The mirrored images potion function almost exactly like the wizard spell. So every hit you lose some deflection but not everything.

As for pots, I think they limited it now so you can only use it in combat. 

There's also a cloak that allows you to cast mirrored images. Pretty good for tanks or anybody else that doesn't like to get hit.

Edited by Ymarsakar

Well, I suppose you can only have a limited number of potions, so couldn't hurt to have a few free hastes per rest. I guess the real question is what other feat are you missing out on if you take that? Off the top of my head, I seem to remember struggling on my Pld tank to come up with 7 class feats I really liked, so you likely have room for it.

On a stacking note, I can tell you that Rangers Swift Aim and the Chanter ranged song's reload+ effects don't stack, but weirdly enough, the attack speed+ portions do stack.

This is getting off topic a bit, but shielding exhort (25 deflection) fast cast 2/enc can be good if your main tank is deflection based, i.e. a riposte rogue. If you rely on said other tank to drink a pot every fight: 1) it can impede time it takes to position 2)  I'm pretty sure drinking breaks engagement and mobs can move on to softer targets. Priests can boost deflect, but mine is usually busying throwing buffs/debuffs 20acc, +20% crit, 5acc radiance, aoe weaken/daze, and, bless. Even with 18 base dex and 0 armor recovery it's a long rotation. 

• Like 1

They used to be traps, so benefited from mechanics. They got rid of that and made them hazards, but the scaling is rather huge at lower levels. The prone condition is a very powerful cc, while it doesn't debuff the enemy as hard as petrify or paralysis, they still aren't allowed to move or attack.

Reinforcing Exhortation sounds good and overlaps the least but yet again Circle or Protection buffs all defenses and I doubt it stacks with Reinforcing (reinforcing exhort is per encounter although priests get circle per encounter at 13).

Your doubt is one I once shared. It turns out they do stack, because they are considered different effects (Deflection only vs all defenses). It's the priest's Shields for the Faithful that doesn't stack with Reinforcing Exhortation. However, consider that the priest spell is a level 5 spell (so will never become per encounter for the next couple of expansions), and its radius is small. In this light, I cast my vote for taking Reinforcing Exhortation.

How many melee do you have again, including pets? Just being able to boost your other paladin's deflection is a nice bonus by itself.

Edited by Nobear
  • Like 1

I was fighting an ogre matron and their other ogres would do the battering ram, prone all the front line, and then the matron walks up and does the big hammer blow crit.

In those situations, I need to cast lay on hands quickly and probably reinforcing exhortation on the ones getting hit. Itumaak generally benefits the most given his dps and lowish deflection.

If the paladin gets jacked instead, then the wizard has to cast slicken immediately in order to buy more time. Good thing ogres are high on fort but low on reflex.

Forgot to mention that with lesser wounds on my plate monk, I can have him start the fight, then when everyone hits him, he gets to 10 wounds almost immediately. But after that, he needs protection, so lay on hands or exhortation there is very good. Makes the best use out of defense and offense.

Edited by Ymarsakar
  • Like 2

So ya I took Reinforcing for my melee party and its working well.  makes my front line damage dealers who have inherently good defense even as damage dealers (fighter, monk) a tanks worth of Deflection for a long time (high int).  Also makes my other tank Pallegina impossible to hit for a while lol

• Like 1

Have gun will travel.