Nature Godlike: Fighter or Rogue? Or maybe Paladin?

Which class should I go for a Nature Godlike?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which class should I go for a Nature Godlike?

Decided that I want to go Nature Godlike because raisons.  Can't decide on whether to go Fighter or Rogue for it, and every now and again Paladin keeps slipping in there.  I'm not interested in which is the bestest class or which one sucks the gibbon, but rather whether the racial works well for them or not.  Seems like an odd reason to base your class choice on but I got other character ideas that I want to do and which of them I do depends on what I play this time round (don't want to play the same class multiple times, so if I go rogue with this class for instance that means neither my Orlan or my Dwarf characters I been thinking up will be a rogue).

So, choices people!  Help me choose and prevent me from weeks of angst!  Help me Obsidian Forums you're my only hope!  (****, I'm screwed then!) :p

• Like 1

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Nature godlike - easy peasie.

Ranger with stag animal companion.

There solved.

Don't need to thank me :)

• Like 1

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Nature godlike - easy peasie.

Ranger with stag animal companion.

There solved.

Don't need to thank me :)

Sorry, already go a ranger going, one's enough for me. :p

• Like 1

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

To make use of the racial ability you'll want to get your endurance below 50% yet still be alive.

To me that lends itself to something with some higher base health like a melee type.

To me that'd be a:

1.)  Barbarian - at lower health you can get barbarian buffs as well as the racial for more angry when hurt Hulk action

2.) Monk - racial would be like a super wound buff

3.)Fighter - go for more damage less tanky so that you can activate the racial

4.) Paladin - Again go for more damage less tanky

Not sure how it'd be for a Rogue since if everything goes right you never get hit and if you do start to get hit you're looking to escape not double down on the damage output.

Use a dwarven body size and call him "Goat Boy The Angry One"

• Like 1

To make use of the racial ability you'll want to get your endurance below 50% yet still be alive.

To me that lends itself to something with some higher base health like a melee type.

To me that'd be a:

1.)  Barbarian - at lower health you can get barbarian buffs as well as the racial for more angry when hurt Hulk action

2.) Monk - racial would be like a super wound buff

3.)Fighter - go for more damage less tanky so that you can activate the racial

4.) Paladin - Again go for more damage less tanky

Not sure how it'd be for a Rogue since if everything goes right you never get hit and if you do start to get hit you're looking to escape not double down on the damage output.

Use a dwarven body size and call him "Goat Boy The Angry One"

Yeah that's what I suspected with the Rogue, so it is really between the Fighter and Paladin for me I guess (hey, one down!).  I was thinking Damage fighter, and they seem to be more possible to do than a Damage Paladin, unless people have a different experience?  Barbarian I'm saving for another character otherwise I would definitely consider it.

And you do have me tempted now to do a Goat Boy...

Edited by FlintlockJazz

A damage Fighter will be a better single character but a damage Paladin will bring more to the team. Individually he'll do less damage but he will get all the usual Paladin goodies that are so great. Even better if you have another Paladin on board.

Damnit!  Thought it was clear then lol, now not sure again.  You are right, he will get all those bonuses and teaming up with Pallegina will make them Team Godlike Paladin...

Always Paladin. :bat: and of course raisons.  Can we nerf Silvertide its ridiculous. 

*Gulp*  Yes Mr Torm sir, whatever you want. :aiee:   Never tried Silvertide because while I do like the concept of Moon Godlikes and their glowy hair, that giant moon symbol on their heads put me right off, and as we all know what's the point of killing things if you can't look good while doing so. ;)  So yeah, nerf away on that, I won't notice it until the silly head thing is gone!

This is where we differ my friend. Aesthetically Moon Godlike are favorite.  I like Godlike as a race the best.  A close second is my Coastal Amaua who I named Samson named after an offensive linemen (former) for the Miami Dolphins who is Samoan...the Amaua are very Samoan like...he is also the same color as the Miami Dolphins unfortunately my favorite American Football team..he ties into the lore very well actally lol).

Have gun will travel.

This is where we differ my friend. Aesthetically Moon Godlike are favorite.  I like Godlike as a race the best.  A close second is my Coastal Amaua who I named Samson named after an offensive linemen (former) for the Miami Dolphins who is Samoan...the Amaua are very Samoan like...he is also the same color as the Miami Dolphins unfortunately my favorite American Football team..he ties into the lore very well actally lol).

As I said, if it wasn't for the Moon symbol I'd probably like them a lot more, it just throws me for some reason.  Aumaua is a race I'd like to play but just don't seem to have gotten round to, though I much prefer Orlans because, well, I love the deranged little mad balls of fur! :D  An Aumaua called Samson does sound very... appropriate.

• Like 1

As I said, if it wasn't for the Moon symbol I'd probably like them a lot more, it just throws me for some reason.  Aumaua is a race I'd like to play but just don't seem to have gotten round to, though I much prefer Orlans because, well, I love the deranged little mad balls of fur! :D  An Aumaua called Samson does sound very... appropriate.

I really like Orlan as well.  I prefer Wild Orlans they just look nuts!

Lol I agree...A huge guy historically (not trying to get religious here just in the book he was a massive dude) and an American Football Offensive Lineman! makes sense!  He is Samoan same flavor as the Amaua and they have my favorite teams colors..it Just kind of fell together lmao.  He is a Kind Wayfarer (my first Wayfarer run through).  Its cool going back to the old school good guy Paladin.

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

I really like Orlan as well.  I prefer Wild Orlans they just look nuts!

Lol I agree...A huge guy historically (not trying to get religious here just in the book he was a massive dude) and an American Football Offensive Lineman! makes sense!  He is Samoan same flavor as the Amaua and they have my favorite teams colors..it Just kind of fell together lmao.  He is a Kind Wayfarer (my first Wayfarer run through).  Its cool going back to the old school good guy Paladin.

That reminds me, I'd need to pick between Kind Wayfarers and Darcozzi Paladini if I went Paladin.  Darcozzi would be different but I would also feel obligated to go Old Vailian then since in my head it wouldn't make sense for someone else to join them, and Wayfarer just appeals to me.

I normally prefer Hearth Orlans because they look more hobbity and I do have a thing for hobbits (oh god, I just realised, with my preference to play wizards too I am essentially that hobbit-fancier Gandalf :o ), but a female Wild Orlan Monk needs to be done!  Furry ball of teeth and claws!

• Like 1

Come on guys, no dwarf love!

• Like 2

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

I love me some dwarves, but the hobbits/orlans trump them at the moment...

Yeah, the game sells them short...

Agreed.  I mean they arent terrible as they are one of the only races that can start at a 20 Con and a high Might....there is one certain area in the game that is east of a certain place where like EVERY mob has poison...so it helps in one part of the game.  Borreal Dwarf is a bit better as Wilder and Primoridals are common and they hit them hard.  But still not the best.

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

I love me some dwarves, but the hobbits/orlans trump them at the moment...

Yeah, the game sells them short...

Badum tish!

Paladin will be a solid choice but the real winner is a Fighter with Unbending. It's great if you are taking heavy beating (and you are when you're under 50% endurance).

Yeah I don't normally go for Fighters which is one of the reasons I quite fancy giving one a go now actually.  Would be quite different.

I kinda like Dwarves, they get a free stat point, and the +15 acc talent to two enemy types ain't that bad a racial.

As for the Godlikes, I always like me some Death Godlike. Not for performance reasons, of course. That passive is like, worth +1 might in the scheme of things, but love how well that portrait of the red helm and horns matches up with the character model.

Shame WM actually has a nice helmet that makes me feel sad about not being able to wear them.

• Like 1

Moon is the best godlike by far. Its the best race

Edited by Luj1

"There once was a loon that twitter

Before he went down the ****ter

In its demise he wasn't missed

Because there were bugs to be fixed."

~ Kaine

Paladin will be a solid choice but the real winner is a Fighter with Unbending. It's great if you are taking heavy beating (and you are when you're under 50% endurance).

A single use of LoH will heal more and do it faster than Unbending. Plus you can use LoH twice per encounter. Add in Greater LoH and the comparison becomes laughable.

The only real synergy with any of the classes and going below 50% endurance is the Barbarian, but he is not on the list.

• Like 1

A single use of LoH will heal more and do it faster than Unbending. Plus you can use LoH twice per encounter. Add in Greater LoH and the comparison becomes laughable.

The only real synergy with any of the classes and going below 50% endurance is the Barbarian, but he is not on the list.

Correct.  In my opinion LoH is the BEST single target heal in the game.  Unbending is a good tool but if we are comparing Fighter and Paladin and talking Endurance restoration its not even a discussion.  Once you spec Greater Lay on Hands it turns a great heal even more great. 

Honestly I find Lay on Hands in Dragon fights to be better then any priest heal.  Most priests are not made to be a frontliner (although they can be) and there 5m range heal makes them get perilously close to the dragon.  This will invoke a tail swipe that will murder them instantly.  A Paladin as a frontliner can stand toe to toe with a Dragon and be able to heal himself or a melee party member in range.

Have gun will travel.