one more newb question about a wiz talent...

So at 3rd or 4th level for Aloth I was given a Talent. Of the two the Tome Smash or the DR5 to Blast's both sounded better than all the others.

My question is this. I ended up taking the DR5 to blasts but what do I do that are 'blasts'? 

I had initially thought that the 2 per encounter attacks he gets were 'blasts'. 

Also is it better to have Aloth use a wand or perhaps equip him with same a fine warbow? 

I use his spells when I think I am in a 'tougher' than normal encounter but will have him stand back and wand stuff which actually seems to work.

Thoughts on how to improve?

the Blasts come from using Implements (Rod, Scepter or Wand) it hits an enemy with the projectile and anything in a small aoe radius takes splash damage with a -5DR.

The only class that is really good with implements is a Wizard.  And its only REALLY good if you spec into Kalkoth's Blights (level 3 spell) which summons a WAND as your weapon that randomly throws different elements as damage instead of crush/pierce.  Since Kalkoth's Blights is a WAND spec Weapon Focus Adventurer on top of Marksman (which applies to wands) with the level 3 Alacrity spell will grant you an auto attack machine that hits extremely hard with wands on top of all the CC Wizards get.  Late game Wizards are monsters. 

Edited by Torm51
  • Like 1

Have gun will travel.

They remind me of Jedi Consulars in Kotor where its recommended for "expert" players as they are weak and limited in the early game but crushers of souls in the late game.  Like I love martial classes (Paladin and Fighter are my favorite) but in a group fight Wizards are just way more powerful late game.

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

It is definitely not the ONLY way to play a Wizard but one that I really like.  On top of that if you use the Essential Phantom after you have alacrity, and blights the phantom will mimic you and contribute to the auto attack madness. 

• Like 1

Have gun will travel.