Ninagauth's Black Pages (Spoiler)

If anyone curious about where to find it, I just occasionally stumbled upon it.

For those who don't know about this, it's a little quest, you find staff buried in the snow in Russetwood (White March), after interaction there'll be small scene and close to it is a "map" (secret find) which says about this Grimoire but doesn't give even a clue where to look for it, lol...

Not sure about requirments, but my Devil of Caroc has 12 mechanics and spotted it pretty easily, its in Durgan's Battery btw.

Here are some screenshot to help you find it:

CDZW2H4.jpgfSAyXNq.jpg0rs7f4q.jpg

There's pretty interestiong unique spell there, might be a big use for any Wizard, have fun  8)

Edited by Stoner
  • Like 1

There should be more spells in there (including another unique); hopefully 2.02 is going to fix that.

You can find a clue as to where this is in Russetwood.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

There are a BUNCH of unique spells in that grimoire that aren't in your screenshot, but it glitches out if you inscribe them and then reload a save.

Also it somehow has Shadowflame inscribed as a level 3 spell when it is a level 4 spell.

My advice is to save before travelling there (you have to have seen the ghost in Russetwood about the apprentice hiding the grimoire), pick it up, quickly have Aloth/another wizard learn every spell, copy them into a second grimoire, and then save to a seperate file.

Then you can test loading that second save to make sure the spells don't magically disappear.

Some of those spells are extremely strong.

There are a BUNCH of unique spells in that grimoire that aren't in your screenshot, but it glitches out if you inscribe them and then reload a save.

Also it somehow has Shadowflame inscribed as a level 3 spell when it is a level 4 spell.

My advice is to save before travelling there (you have to have seen the ghost in Russetwood about the apprentice hiding the grimoire), pick it up, quickly have Aloth/another wizard learn every spell, copy them into a second grimoire, and then save to a seperate file.

Then you can test loading that second save to make sure the spells don't magically disappear.

Some of those spells are extremely strong.

what are you talking about? bunch of spells? like more than one? I only have one unique spell in that grimoire.

btw, what are those spells? beside the shadowflame

There should be two but a bug in 2.01 prevents one of them from appearing. Can't recall the exact name - Ray of Something Something - but it's like a foe-only ray of fire that does raw damage instead.

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

There should be two but a bug in 2.01 prevents one of them from appearing. Can't recall the exact name - Ray of Something Something - but it's like a foe-only ray of fire that does raw damage instead.

Both of those spells sound freaking awesome.

Ninagauth's Death Ray.

When I said death before dishonour, I meant it alphabetically.

AoRtD8j.png

04c0ZJi.png

And the unique spell I got from Concelhaut for the curious ones (I'm still on 2.0 so no corrosive missiles for me):

cOAH4FG.png

Oh crap... Thanks for sharing, I hope devs will fix this bug somehow because I went FAR ahead and reloading would destroy my progress... Still keeping that Grimoire in my bag, hope I would make better use of it with the new update =/ 

Those spells look fantastic.

Edited by Stoner

Just add a new copy of Ninagauth's Black Pages using the console, Stoner, if you are so unfortunate that the grimoire you have picked up has been corrupted. This disables achievements, but that's surely a small price to pay.

The relevant command is: additem grimoire_high_lvl_ninagauth 1

When I said death before dishonour, I meant it alphabetically.

Is anyone going to post a screenshot of the draining missiles? :p

Just add a new copy of Ninagauth's Black Pages using the console, Stoner, if you are so unfortunate that the grimoire you have picked up has been corrupted. This disables achievements, but that's surely a small price to pay.

The relevant command is: additem grimoire_high_lvl_ninagauth 1

nvm i am blind :D

Edited by Killyox

Is anyone going to post a screenshot of the draining missiles? :p

kC2DRwv.jpg?1

It also has a very pretty animation, but there seem to be some problems with it. I'm not sure how its damage works - when used on a DR 18 character all 3 projectiles did 14 damage each. 16 each on a DR 12 (but 9 vs Corrode) one. The only way I can make sense of it is if it takes basic armor DR (not Corrode one) without quality enchantments and deducts 1/3 of that from each projectile. The combat log doesn't seem to help - it doesn't show the math, and sometimes it says all 3 projectiles did 0.0 damage together even if they did 42 in reality. Oh, and WM cave ogres don't turn hostile if you hit them with it, unless you hit them enough for one of them to die. Am I missing something, or should I report all this as bugs?

Edited by mph
  • Like 1

Sounds very much like a bug to me.

It's in Concelhaut's Grimoire but you must have obtained it after patching to 2.01.

I totally don't care for achievements but I'll still hold out on using the console, thanks for the tips tho, seems some spells are bugged and my main thankfully isn't Wizard, so Aloth will do just with new Fireball for now.  ;)

Edited by Stoner