See topic. I'm contemplating a weird party, and I'm having some trouble on how exactly to split the attributes for a close-combat caster now that I can't dump Perception. Thoughts?

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

For melee Wizard, I just dump Resolve and put everything to Might, Perception and Intelligence. Deleterious Alacrity of Motion will offset your average Dexterity, while Arcane Veil and Spirit Shield with offset the Deflection and Concentration penalties. Be sure to grab Hardened Veil as well, with it you won't even notice the Deflection loss. Since the Wizard's melee weapons which are Spirit Lance and Parasitic Staff (Warding Staff sucks and needs a buff) are both reach weapons though, don't pop veil unless your Wizard is actually under attack.

Melee Priest is much harder. I went with a spread of 16/10/14/11/16/10 for my Skaenite until I respec'd her for ranged at level 9. Probably not the most optimal spread, but I think it works. You have accuracy buffs to help boost your average Perception. Resolve is a bit trickier since you don't get your Deflection buff until a bit later. I used potions but, some may not be a fan of that.