After a couple of false starts, am doing my first playthrough with 6 custom wizards at hard level. Currently at Dyrford Village with a mix of Level 4 and 5 wiz's.

So far It's been fun, the toughest battle has been Raedric. Am learning about placement and using the environment fast.

My question is - will I encounter some future battle where I need physical attacks to win that I don't really have?

Would hate to get 80% through and be stopped in my tracks.

P.S. Great forum, have learned lots here, thanks.

The only problem will be with your boredom as the challenge drops to zero.

Don't forget that level one staff spell that does more damage than any other melee attack and heals on hit.

At higher level you'll be able to go Jedi with the AoE super lance and the martial power spell.

Worst case you can always just sleep more :)

• Like 3

The only problem will be with your boredom as the challenge drops to zero.

Don't forget that level one staff spell that does more damage than any other melee attack and heals on hit.

At higher level you'll be able to go Jedi with the AoE super lance and the martial power spell.

Worst case you can always just sleep more :)

Hadn't even tried that staff spell, thanks.

Since I can't move to POTD mid-game, I'll dismiss as many as needed to keep things difficult.

Would like to finish the game before I take on POTD with a more varied party.

Those are actually pretty valid complaints. Before the AI change, I couldn't even finish a second playthrough due to the need to micro everything, and even with AI, wizards are still really micro heavy to be effective at all. In a normal party, you can be lazy and let the Wizzy just Blast with a Rod on most trash pulls, even though he could use per-encounters, and just save the constant pausing and aiming for the big boy fights. All wizards though, most every fight be a bit of a chore.

On the opposite end of a micro managing bunch of a single class, I did a 5x Ranger+1x Chanter play through for PotD/ToI, and it was pretty nice in how I never had to pause the game, and the extent of my input as a player was 'select back line, click nasty caster', 'select chanter, click nasty that got through pets' or (and cheesy) 'use revive scroll to revive all the dead pets.;

You're fine, since you could easily build some of your wizards to be melee fighters and others as classic glass cannons. 

You'll certainly need to micro a lot to get the most out of them, but hey, I play these games to micro.

• Like 2

...aaand if you want to switch to POTD mid-game, the IE Mod lets you do that (I do it all the time.) :)

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I can't think of anything that will block you.

Just running two wizards rather than one in a party of six feels like it drops the difficulty level by one step, so I'll be curious if there are any encounters that feel the least bit like challenges once all your wizards have access to level 3 spells. (So long as you run with auto-pause on ability use and start encounters from stealth rather than running into enemies, that is.)

But the micro!

Edited by pi2repsion

When I said death before dishonour, I meant it alphabetically.

You can beat POTD as full party of anything.

Have all of them hav e hatchet + shield at start and 1h + shield focus so you can safely spellsling. Later on you will use weapon/defensive spells on some of your wizards.

Citzal's spear x6 is.... a bit ridiculous XD + 6 guys with alacrity and llengraths deflection and changing 50% hits to grazes. It's like suddenly having 6 barbarians annihilating everything around and since you will have wiz you will have high int and thus high aoe on it.

It is useful to have 40% health restore and 20% health restore to others since wizzies don't have much of it and you will more likely run out of health before spells.

+spells talents/skills are not needed.

All wiz party is actually pretty cool :)

Edited by Killyox