Is there a way or a mod to

The IE Mod has a component to scout at normal running speed if enemies are not within sight.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

The IE Mod has a component to scout at normal running speed if enemies are not within sight.

Thanks, does this mod updates on a regular basis, i wouldnt like to not be able to update my game to the latest version every time obsidian launches a new patch, also what does it mean "party Los" and "Individual LoS"  ?, what is the one that is vanilla like?, because i wouldnt like to change too muhc how the vanilla game works.

The mod is currently maintained by Springwight and tjayharvey. It may take a few days for updates to come out after Obsidian releases a patch.

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

If you have 10 mechanic, you can spot hidden things without stealth.

Hey is that true?

Doubt it unless it was changed in a patch at some point.  As an aside for anyone curious about it, if you want to spot every trap/secret thing in the main game you will ultimately need a mechanics of 14 or better.  Might be higher for some content in white march haven't played it yet since waiting for 2.02 patch.

If you have 10 mechanic, you can spot hidden things without stealth.

Hey is that true?

Doubt it unless it was changed in a patch at some point.  As an aside for anyone curious about it, if you want to spot every trap/secret thing in the main game you will ultimately need a mechanics of 14 or better.  Might be higher for some content in white march haven't played it yet since waiting for 2.02 patch.

I think having eleven and using three lockpicks is enough o open the hardest chest I found at Concelhats tower. My guy with ten mechanics could not open them. Also a few trapped containers I could not even tell that they were trapped with a ten mechanics skill while in scout mode.

Ten mechanics can be achieved with any starting class, by level 14 my Fighter could have gotten to level eleven but past that would probably not be viable due to the ever increasing skill cost.

To get 14 mechanics you're going to want a rogue with a mechanic boosting culture for the free level 3 at start. That and/or getting those mechanic gloves.

If your mechanics score is higher than the level of the secret spot, you'll see it without scouting. What the maximum level of secret spots is, I have no idea.

The ability to spot things without being in stealth was added in one of the 1.0x patches. Your Mechanics skill works at -4 its level, IIRC. So something you'd need 6 Mechanics to spot while stealthed would be spotted outside of stealth if you had 10 Mechanics, and so on.

Edited by Infinitron
  • Like 3

If your mechanics score is higher than the level of the secret spot, you'll see it without scouting. What the maximum level of secret spots is, I have no idea.

14 :p

You don't need the 14 for unlocking purposes, it is for spotting all the secrets.