Bug brilliant radiance talent not working (priest class)

Guest BugsVendor

Question

Guest BugsVendor

I chose brilliant radiance talent that should modify "holy radiance" (per encounter priest spell) to add burn damage to all foes.

I tried numerous times and without any luck. It seems to me the talent is not working at all.

21 answers to this question

I think it's actually Vessel-only. Did you try it on Vessels?

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Guest BugsVendor

I think it's actually Vessel-only. Did you try it on Vessels?

Yes it does works against vessels however: 

The whole purpose of this talent is to get some damage to all foes (check screen shot below).

Unfortunately I didn't capture my screen in the talent picking menu but there it said specifically this:

"All foes will now get burn damage blah blah, vessels will take additional damage"

M9GnlDD.png

This talent has NEVER worked on anything other then Vessels.  I think they have either over looked it or at some point in the beta they left it just to do more damage against Vessels and never changed the tool tip.  The reason I say the tooltip might not be updated is because if you look at the damage numbers it says Foe AEO (Only Vessels).  If it is intended to damage Kith as the talent states it does need to be fixed.

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

Guest BugsVendor

if you look at the damage numbers it says Foe AEO (Only Vessels).

Yes it does say that at the bottom and before that talent modification, but at the top it says Foe AOE as it should damage all foes.

Either both tool tip is wrong both when choosing the talent and on the ability after it or the ability is bugged.  

To the best of my recollection, the ability is supposed to only affect Vessels and its description should be changed, but they never got around to doing it.

Quite notwithstanding, let's see what QA say about it.

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Guest BugsVendor

Could someone take a look at this please ? It is very easy to reproduce...

1. pick a priest, [eothas]

2. level him to level 3

3. pick "brilliant radiance" talent

4. check if it damages other foes than vessels ?

Just keep it bumped they will get to it.  Understand that patch 2.01 for the most part has been a disaster (the only bad patch really).  I am sure they are up to their ears in work right now.

Have gun will travel.

Guest BugsVendor

Just keep it bumped they will get to it.  Understand that patch 2.01 for the most part has been a disaster (the only bad patch really).  I am sure they are up to their ears in work right now.

What is this apologetic tone for ? Only one bad patch really ? Did someone pay you for this ? You are sure they are working hard ? they should because they sell broken products...

Edited by BugsVendor

Well I just mean they are working on a lot so it might take time.  Trying to be realistic.  And yes although the game has had bugs (like every RPG I can think of) it has not been terribly bad at all...other then 2.01.  That's my opinion of course.

Anyway just keep the thread bumped and they will come by.

Bump

Have gun will travel.

Guest BugsVendor

5 months after I bought this game and this company doesn't have the resources ( or more like doesn't even give a damn) to fix basic tool tips for spells and talents. I bothered to recreate quickly what is shows when you pick the talent during level up.

It is CLEARLY misleading and as usual after they get the money they don't care.

LOOK AT THE TOOL TIP.

dkrmFyK.png

You are as bad as EA obsidian.

Edited by BugsVendor

"As bad as EA" seems like a harsh conclusion to draw just because of a misleading tool tip. I agree it needs fixing but Obsidian has behaved better than EA by several orders of magnitude on this game.

• Like 1

"As bad as EA" seems like a harsh conclusion to draw just because of a misleading tool tip. I agree it needs fixing but Obsidian has behaved better than EA by several orders of magnitude on this game.

Agreed.  I still think its an RPG players or RPG.  there are most definitely screw ups that need fixing like this one but "as bad as EA" is a bit harsh.  Keeping the bread bumped this should be fixed.

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

"Did someone pay you for this ? You are sure they are working hard ?"

No, you're not paying Torm for him to help you.

And yes, it does look like Torm is working hard to help someone with your attitude.

As for the patches, White March is new content and is a little unstable. 1.06 game is still pretty solid.

Hello everyone,

I apologize for the late response and for the inconvenience. I will put in a bug into our database stating that the description during level up/character creation needs to be updated.

Thank you for your support and patience. 

Greetings! I purchased PoE last week, and have been loving it so far! Unfortunately, the misleading text on the description of Brilliant Radiance led me to take it under the assumption that it would give my priest more versatility regarding damage output. However, it seems the intended affect is to simply give an initial damage burst against Vessels in addition to the damage over time portion. I can live with that, and I'm glad to hear the text will be corrected :)  Any eta on when the fix will be implemented?

P.S Thank you Obsidian for an awesome game!!

Hello everyone,

Just to give some clarity on the talent. The damage does do damage to all enemy units, if the enemy happens to be a vessel, they will take increased damage. The issue is that the UI description is not being updated correctly. 

This fix should be in the next patch.

Thank you for your support.

• Like 2

Great to hear! I (and I'm sure others) experienced confused because of the below dev response:

celliott, on 07 Aug 2015 - 10:05 AM, said:

Hello.  Brilliant Radiance is not affecting the Xaurip because it is not a Vessel.  The Burn part of the spell only affects Vessels.  Thanks for your support!

Glad a fix to the UI description is on the way. Thanks for all the hard work on this awesome game!