Not sure if I finished WM P1

Well, there's a part 2 coming out - perhaps during the winter.  But yes, I think with the opening of the Forge and your ability to use it with the Durgan ingots, that's it for now.  You can go back to the village and Rhenegild plus some of the villagers will fall all over you, but I think "that's all folks".

And I don't have any idea whether the second part will further explain the dwarven issue or not - I *think* I understood that the dwarves had constructed their own version of "animats" or "forge knights" and that something caused them to turn on the dwarves (perhaps the fussing between the three main dwarves over selling to merchants?).  I could be wrong about that - it could have been a misreading on my part.

Well, there's a part 2 coming out - perhaps during the winter.  But yes, I think with the opening of the Forge and your ability to use it with the Durgan ingots, that's it for now.  You can go back to the village and Rhenegild plus some of the villagers will fall all over you, but I think "that's all folks".

And I don't have any idea whether the second part will further explain the dwarven issue or not - I *think* I understood that the dwarves had constructed their own version of "animats" or "forge knights" and that something caused them to turn on the dwarves (perhaps the fussing between the three main dwarves over selling to merchants?).  I could be wrong about that - it could have been a misreading on my part.

Actually it was something from outside, below ground that invaded them that was at least 2x as big as the biggest ogres. When you read desc of their steel soldiers you see they were ripped apart like toys :)

• Like 1

Actually it was something from outside, below ground that invaded them that was at least 2x as big as the biggest ogres. When you read desc of their steel soldiers you see they were ripped apart like toys :)

Ah.... Hmm.  I'll have to reread all that on this next play through.  Well, in any case, yes, opening the White Forge seems to be "the end" of part one, and when part two lands, I guess we'll find out something about the rest of it.  Hopefully.  AFAIK, OBS hasn't said anything much about it yet?  I don't know if there are other places to get info from the devs; the forum's the only place I spend any time.

Those blasted Balrogs!

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Ah.... Hmm.  I'll have to reread all that on this next play through.  Well, in any case, yes, opening the White Forge seems to be "the end" of part one, and when part two lands, I guess we'll find out something about the rest of it.  Hopefully.  AFAIK, OBS hasn't said anything much about it yet?  I don't know if there are other places to get info from the devs; the forum's the only place I spend any time.

Josh is mostly active on Something Awful (watch out for the random paywall) and occasionally drops tidbits on Twitter.

IIRC, he mentioned part II will deal with the consequences of part I (i.e. the forge was attacked, probably for a reason, and its reopening is going to attract the attention of the original attackers.) So I guess we'll be facing these massive giants, and perhaps finally some eoten too :)

Part I ends with the reopening of the forge, which is what you went up there to do (besides freeing Stalwart from the ogre siege.)

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus