Any good items in the expansion that give more stats or interesting effects?

I mean we all know about items the ring of thorns that gives +3 dex, belt of maegfolc might with +3 might, Lilith’s shawl with + 3 perception, ring of overseeing/deflection and the gauntlet's of accuracy.

Any cool items like that added or exisiting items changed? Do any items give +3 int?

There are loads of nice accessories in Durgans battery but... nothing specific comes to mind...

I mean, basically, anything that gives + 3 to a stat or + 9 to deflection is good, and there are a couple of those.

Soulbound weapons are also not too shabby, though sometimes a pain to complete...

Sorry, thats not a very useful answer I suppose...

There are gloves with 3 DR bypass (Ryona's Vambraces) that are worth mentioning.

A helmet with +3 Might and Retaliation (Garodh's Chorus) (has another variant)

A helmet that grants +3 Might, +5 DR and -5 Def per kill (Tempered Helm) for 20 seconds and some static defenses

A cloak with +10% ranged DMG, +6 acc against beasts and +3 Freeze DT (Cloak of the Frozen Hunt)

These are the only ones worth mentioning imho.

There are also some nice new weapons.

Edited by dukefx

There is one idiotic medium shield with 13/12 enchantment used up... which funnily enough does not spend any of those 13 points on fine, excellent, or superb. It has 12 def, -4 acc, 10% chance to reflect ranged attacks, bash 1 (6-9 damage), and 5% on crit to castt Pillar of Faith (1/rest), which makes it a poster child for how POE's enchantment/itemization system conspire to make otherwise interesting items pretty much worthless, restricting the armour/weapons people actually use to those with only a few effects such that there's room for the quality enchant, proofing, stat boosting, etc.

With regards to armour, there's a heavy plate (white crest) which has a 1/rest overbearing wave ability (2pts), 1/rest dancing bolts ability (1pt), and comes with a permanent -1 speed (2pt). So that's 5/12 spent before quality, attribute bonus, and proofing. It looks gorgeous, but unless you are desperately in need of a slow front line fighter with a 1-cast of overbearing wave, you'd be better off with any old plate armour starting enchanted with quality, +2 to the stat of your choice, and proofing of your choice.

While there are nice accessories, there is exactly one good piece of armour, and that is the Wayfarer's Hide, which as the name says is hide armour. It is 25% recovery penalty, is Superb, grants +15 defense vs Hobbled, Stuck, and Paralyze, and has the ability 1/rest to cast Nature's Vigor (12s). While 25% recovery penalty is higher than what is nice on the rear line, a Durgan Steel enchant will bring that down to 10% recovery penalty, and a 10% penalty for DR 11 (14 pierce, 14 freeze, 6 corrode), with +15 bonus against three types of CC, and with enough points left over for proofing and +1 to a stat makes for a very reasonable light armour without requiring you to spend precious Adra Dragon scales on getting the superb quality.

Edited by pi2repsion
  • Like 1

When I said death before dishonour, I meant it alphabetically.

I see this is all great info to pre plan a few builds with equipment. Thanks guys

I might as well ask my other questions too

1. Which enemy type is common in this expansion? I tend to take the talents that give extra damage towards beasts, spirits and vessels but skip wilder and primordial.

2. The soulbound weapons have me worried since I read they require a few tasks to clear to level them up. One requires a certain number of spirits to kill so I am worried other weapons will have other enemy types required. If I clear the game and most enemies groups without knowing the requirements, I will be out of luck. So is it best to start white march asap?

You will be out of luck if you did everything else and have nothing else left. The staff is extremely tricky. The opponents required are immune to blunt damage, and the staff deals... *drummrolls*... blunt damage. If you really want these weapons you either wait for TWM P2 or start a new game. The only fool proof weapon is the estoc. I wish the others would be similar.

• Like 1

Well, the White Crest armor is pretty good once they fix the bug whereby "Cumbersome" (-1 movement speed) takes up 2 points instead of freeing them. It comes with the Exceptional quality enchantment and has enough room for proofing (will have enough for a stat boost too when they fix Cumbersome.)

The items dukefx mentioned are pretty good; in addition to those:

- A cloak that gives +12 Deflection and some other abilities.

- A cloak that gives +2 Perception and +2 enemies needed to flank.

- A belt that gives +3 Might and +30 defense against Push and Prone attacks.

- An Exceptional small shield that grants Withdraw and Warding Seal.

- An Exceptional War Bow with +50% crit damage multiplier that casts Confuse on the target on a crit.

and (this is VERY spoilery)

There's a "pet" that is actually Concelahaut's skull and lets you summon Concelhaut to fight for you. Pretty good for just taking up the pet slot.

You can also find three "special" spells that can only be learned from two Grimoires you find in the game and are rather good.

I also found an extra Ring of Thorns (which is awesome), an extra Broad Belt of Power, a number of Girdle of Eotun Constitution as random loot in Durgan's Battery, and there's a merchant in Stalwart that sells the Gauntlets of Accuracy +5 (yay!)

Soulbound weapons are good but in most cases you'll find regular weapon with the Durgan-refined enchantment to be better. The soulbound Estoc is pretty darn great and can be upgraded without killing anyone or anything. The hunting bow is awesome for Ciphers, but if you've already done Act III you'll have a hard time upgrading it.

Edited by AndreaColombo

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

There's a "pet" that is actually Concelahaut's skull and lets you summon Concelhaut to fight for you. Pretty good for just taking up the pet slot.

You can also find three "special" spells that can only be learned from two Grimoires you find in the game and are rather good.

My first thought on that one: Morte...? Is that you?

Also, I think there are in fact 4 special spells (two per Grimoire), but one of them - Death Ray - is impossible to get due to a bug: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/81863-201-ninagauths-black-pages/

(unless you spawn the grimoire with a console command, then it's there)

Edited by mph

Also, I think there are in fact 4 special spells (two per Grimoire), but one of them - Death Ray - is impossible to get due to a bug: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/81863-201-ninagauths-black-pages/

(unless you spawn the grimoire with a console command, then it's there)

I'm fairly sure it's just three spells. I have both Grimoires and there is no spell in them that my Wizard doesn't know.

One unique spell is in Concelhaut's Grimore (the hammer of doom thing); two in Ninagauth's (icy fireball; death ray.)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

There's another one in Concelhaut's, which is a low level one, level 1 or 2 which was added in patch 2.01

If you aquired the grimoir before patch 2.01 it's not there, you need to add another Ironclasped Grimoir.

Edit: it's level 2. Concelhaut's version of Minoletta's Minor Missles called Concelhaut's Draining Missles.

Edited by dukefx
  • Like 1

There's an awesome bow, the Sabra Marie. It has Exceptional quality, annihilation (+ .5 to crit multiplier) and casts confusion every time you get a crit. This thing is insane when you're playing a high accuracy ranger.

You beat me to it!  Was just going to post about that bow, man it's super!

Well, the White Crest armor is pretty good once they fix the bug whereby "Cumbersome" (-1 movement speed) takes up 2 points instead of freeing them. It comes with the Exceptional quality enchantment and has enough room for proofing (will have enough for a stat boost too when they fix Cumbersome.)

If that is considered a bug rather than a feature, then yes, it might be worth using once it is changed. On the other hand, it isn't exactly as if enchanting anything with Exceptional is expensive or difficult, and weighing -1 movement speed vs 1 overbearing wave+dancing bolts when you can easily get excellent plate armour without any drawbacks can be a non-trivial choice depending on how you use your characters.

On the other hand, it looks pretty nice when worn, and style doesn't count for nothing. :)

Edited by pi2repsion
  • Like 1

When I said death before dishonour, I meant it alphabetically.

There's also a new unique rod called Golden Gaze: it shoots 2 projectiles at once so it's kind of like dual wielding two smaller rods (except maybe a bit faster?) and can apply Expose Vulnerabilities on hit or crit. Plus it looks nice, too ;P

You will be out of luck if you did everything else and have nothing else left. The staff is extremely tricky. The opponents required are immune to blunt damage, and the staff deals... *drummrolls*... blunt damage. If you really want these weapons you either wait for TWM P2 or start a new game. The only fool proof weapon is the estoc. I wish the others would be similar.

Which enemies are immune to blunt damage? Certainly not the beetles, and the blights all have different immunities. The ice blights are immune to blunt damage, and also some of the blights in the base game, but fire for example is vulnerable to blunt damage.

There's also a new unique rod called Golden Gaze: it shoots 2 projectiles at once so it's kind of like dual wielding two smaller rods (except maybe a bit faster?) and can apply Expose Vulnerabilities on hit or crit. Plus it looks nice, too ;P

Huh, so the dual shout is special to the golden gaze? I somehow thought it was common to rods because I always used scepters instead in the base game.

Stormcaller soulbound bow proc (shock damage and aoe stun) on a ranger is so powerful, I don't mind losing Durgan or +25% elemental damage enchantments. Combined with twinned arrow, stunning shots, driving flight, wolf pet, and the pet improvements, I think Rangers actually come out slightly ahead of rogues now.

Yea, rangers are one of the top dps classes now because of the rebalance. Very good cc with barbed trap as well, long lasting.

The ability to instantly switch targets and apply damage, makes them superior to rogues in my view, since less micro and more target focusing. The pet also serves as a backup melee attacker/defender to plug gaps.

Edited by Ymarsakar