Just checked this shop with a level 12 party for the first time. In all former games I never bothered about this building, as I always have traps in abundance.

But now I was a bit... amazed. The guy had one single boiling spray trap to sell. That kind we really find so often in early explorations of Raedric's Hold and the first few levels of the endless paths.

I realize, it's just a minor issue, but an "artificer" should IMO have something special, at least some better stuff than a (single!) common trap.

As it is right now, the only reason to build this shop is the resting bonus, right?

Edited by AnjyBelle

Now that you mention it, all the shops in Caed Nua... kind of suck. The temple also only sells 2 scrolls or something.

Does their stock increase over time or something?

Uhm... that's another shop I didn't visit for ages.

But if I remember correctly, they sell scrolls there, "maelstroem"-scrolls in particular, which are useful

against the dragon down in the endless paths.

But you are right, with the exception of the curio shop (virthak brains!) there is nothing really useful.

It's kind of annoying. To upgrade the gear it is necessary to travel to Ondra's Gift because of the rubies

and the shops in the stronghold just sell junk.

• Like 1

In my latest play through the priest only had a Scroll of Valor and a Scroll of Paralysis to sell me at level 14.

As in, one scroll of each.

Very underwhelming. Hopefully part II will take care of this and have those guys sell something worthwhile.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

In my latest play through the priest only had a Scroll of Valor and a Scroll of Paralysis to sell me at level 14.

As in, one scroll of each.

Very underwhelming. Hopefully part II will take care of this and have those guys sell something worthwhile.

Oh...then the shops seem to spawn their stuff randomly, too. Not good.

The shops in the stronghold are underwhelming to say the least. If it wasn't for reputation and security, I wouldn't bother to build them at all. In general, the shop system is one thing that could have been better. Such as vendors restocking depending on the party level.

Ditto basically what everyone else is saying: stronghold shops suck.

Back before White March p1 hit, I checked the Artificer Shop and it was stocking a grand total of JACK SH*T.

qKz5nVP.png

tumblr_ntb1sfqeVI1rxxgfbo3_400.png                                                         

I stream every Friday at 9pm EST: http://www.twitch.tv/ladaarehn  Currently streaming: KOTOR 2.

Pillars of Eternity homebrew tabletop thread: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/84662-pillars-of-eternity-homebrew-wip/