Lol ultimate spell against the 2 tough dragons

Priest spell 2 - repulsing seal. Since its like a trap, I used to think you had to cast it before a battle, but you can cast it directly on someone too... Anyway, it seems to work very often on Adra and Alpine Dragon, more than high level spells like Gaze of the Adragan. And it knocks them prone for a while. I just think its amusing that a level 2 serves me better than the high level stuff sometimes.

Does your Priest have high mechanics?

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Repulsing Seal is quite OP. In a dragon fight, its main advantage is that you can cast it while the dragon is still prone from your previous casting and it won't go off until it tries to get up. You can chain together a bunch of prones and the dragon will never have a chance to get back up before you've killed it.

Edited by Infinitron
  • Like 1

Nope, my priest aint my mechanics person so I think its unrelated.

I think people ask about your priest's Mechanics skill because Repulsing Seal counts as a trap (or used to? idk i don't keep up with patches). Traps do better damage and effects when placed by a character with high Mechanics. Therefore, a priest with high Mechanics would have an amazingly powerful Repulsing Seal.

qKz5nVP.png

tumblr_ntb1sfqeVI1rxxgfbo3_400.png                                                         

I stream every Friday at 9pm EST: http://www.twitch.tv/ladaarehn  Currently streaming: KOTOR 2.

Pillars of Eternity homebrew tabletop thread: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/84662-pillars-of-eternity-homebrew-wip/

Nope, my priest aint my mechanics person so I think its unrelated.

I think people ask about your priest's Mechanics skill because Repulsing Seal counts as a trap (or used to? idk i don't keep up with patches). Traps do better damage and effects when placed by a character with high Mechanics. Therefore, a priest with high Mechanics would have an amazingly powerful Repulsing Seal.

Not sure, but I think that changed at some point. Initially those spells counted as traps, but not anymore.

Mechanics has two effects on traps: it determines which traps you can disarm, and it improves accuracy with the ones you set. There is no direct damage/effect scaling, but the +accuracy indirectly increases the average effects simply by shifting the miss/graze/hit/crit table.

Not sure, but I think that changed at some point. Initially those spells counted as traps, but not anymore.

I've been reading for a long time (since way before 2.0) that seals were changed from traps to hazards in some patch, and haven't been affected by Mechanics since. To be fair, I can't be 100% sure this is true, I just know I've read it a whole lot, so for all I know I could just be spreading very popular misinformation :p.