Random crashes fix

Vlad-A

Question

Hello everyone, I started this topic because of the game random crashes on 32-bit Windows especially when I was trying to treavel to another map or going inside/outside of a building. I searched the forum here and in many other places details about crashes and how to fix them (about this game)... nothing helped, nothing explicit.

I have Win7 32-bit version and 4 GB RAM installed but only 3GB usable. So I have done the following tweaks:

1) Open CMD as admin
2) Type in CMD: bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 3072
3) Reboot your PC

After you have done that you need to enable PAE on Win7

1) Open CMD as admin
2) BCDEdit /set PAE forceenable
3) Reboot your PC

One more thing and you are done !

1) Download & Install RAMDisk for Win7 from here: http://windows7themes.net/en-us/how-to-use-4gb-ram-in-windows-7-32bit/  but follow this steps because that tutorial is incomplete looks like.
2) Open the folder where you downloaded it to and install "ram4g".
3) Open the folder where you downloaded it to and right-click on ramdisk.exe, click on run as admin.

4) Click on the button "Install Ramdisk"

5) Confirm that you want to install the program and after that reboot your PC.

After I have done those tweaks, I entered the game and I search for a crash in the "hot areas" for me where I knew the game crashed before... and guess what ?

NOT EVEN ONE CRASH IN MORE THAT 2 HOURS OF GAMEPLAY !

I am curious if these tweaks works for other users so please let me know by posting here.

2 answers to this question

Hi there,

We have had a mention of this in our workarounds sticky since launch. I am glad you were able to figure it out on your own but, please read the stickies when having a problem and before posting to the forums. 

Thanks for your support.

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/