Are you sure that this: 

"I'm now thinking that Stalwart/Readceran situation is based on how you handle Abydon: Preserve > They don't get on and white forge work continues, Tempered > work continues in the White Forge and Readcerans are welcome, Send Eyeless to Wheel > White forge work stops and Readcerans are welcome at Stalwart."

is not the case? Meaning, have you finished the game and gotten a combination that's different from the above?

And, as with a lot of the PoE content, I'm not sure that it's a matter of "best". There are reasons a character would prefer others. It definitely is the most peaceful/prosperous ending for the Dyrwood though. 

I'm pretty sure this is not how these endings are connected. If you spare the Iron Flail you will never get a peaceful ending, I tried that. But perhaps they are connected somehow, I've seen another entry in the files where Stalwart stops working on the Forge but prospers as a traditional hunting town. So maybe if you save enough citizens, kill the Iron Flail and banish the Eyeless that's how you get it.

But, personally, I already found my best endings, so I'm not gonna play through all that again just to test it.

Old topic i know. but i feel like i should post this because this pretty much was the only proper google search result when i was looking how to get the best white march ending

You're wrong about needing to kill the iron flail to get a good ending. i spared them (even after murdering their whole camp first) and after forging the hammer i told the stalwart guy to shut up and let them help. or to be exact ("you did not just tell me what to do" XD) which got me the aid of the iron flail. in the ending sliders they seemed to get along great. stalwart realising they didn't have the skill to do it all on their own welcomes both dyrwood and readceras. I also told that one npc that crucible knights should HELP and INSTRUCT at the forge but not take over completelly.

• 3 months later...

Are you sure that this: 

"I'm now thinking that Stalwart/Readceran situation is based on how you handle Abydon: Preserve > They don't get on and white forge work continues, Tempered > work continues in the White Forge and Readcerans are welcome, Send Eyeless to Wheel > White forge work stops and Readcerans are welcome at Stalwart."

is not the case? Meaning, have you finished the game and gotten a combination that's different from the above?

And, as with a lot of the PoE content, I'm not sure that it's a matter of "best". There are reasons a character would prefer others. It definitely is the most peaceful/prosperous ending for the Dyrwood though. 

I'm pretty sure this is not how these endings are connected. If you spare the Iron Flail you will never get a peaceful ending, I tried that. But perhaps they are connected somehow, I've seen another entry in the files where Stalwart stops working on the Forge but prospers as a traditional hunting town. So maybe if you save enough citizens, kill the Iron Flail and banish the Eyeless that's how you get it.

But, personally, I already found my best endings, so I'm not gonna play through all that again just to test it.

Old topic i know. but i feel like i should post this because this pretty much was the only proper google search result when i was looking how to get the best white march ending

You're wrong about needing to kill the iron flail to get a good ending. i spared them (even after murdering their whole camp first) and after forging the hammer i told the stalwart guy to shut up and let them help. or to be exact ("you did not just tell me what to do" XD) which got me the aid of the iron flail. in the ending sliders they seemed to get along great. stalwart realising they didn't have the skill to do it all on their own welcomes both dyrwood and readceras. I also told that one npc that crucible knights should HELP and INSTRUCT at the forge but not take over completelly.

Any more specific information about that? Can we see your ending sliders? :D

I was more interested in how does your decision to either end the Iron Flail or let them help you affects the ending slides, I think the wiki doesn't provide this information...

I'm afraid that the Iron Flail might not be crucial here, and only your decision regarding Abydon and the Eyless is considered for the ending.

Sparing the life of Adaryc from the Iron Flail probably just gives you the opportinity to get some help from him in the Caryon Scar and in the battle of Yenwood Field.

Not 100% sure, tho.

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

I was more interested in how does your decision to either end the Iron Flail or let them help you affects the ending slides, I think the wiki doesn't provide this information...

I'm afraid that the Iron Flail might not be crucial here, and only your decision regarding Abydon and the Eyless is considered for the ending.

Sparing the life of Adaryc from the Iron Flail probably just gives you the opportinity to get some help from him in the Caryon Scar and in the battle of Yenwood Field.

Not 100% sure, tho.

Can anyone confirm this?

I guess the biggest issue for me is if the tensions between Dyrwood and Raedceras have to happen when Abydon is renewed. If that didn't happen, I would be alright with just restoring Abydon completely. Tensions because of the ruins, which will happen if you don't temper Abydon, don't bother me that much and Dyrwood is presumably better off in the Tempered and Restored endings both (one ending mentions handycraft and the other architecture and roads, but really, I don't see how Dyrwood with Restored or Tempered Abydon wouldn't get both either way).

Also, what about Aloth and Ondra arguments? Specifically if you persuaded Aloth to go against the Leaden Key and if he is also pushed to be against authority (being against authority allegedly prevents an option to win the argument by mentioning panic during duc's assasination).

And *can* mentioning Ondra even win an argument at all? If so, how? By choosing to rise the tide?