Discuss/post some of the new ending slides. Let us know what you got and why you think you got it. 

These were mine: http://imgur.com/a/EC79P#1

Devil's stuff: Obviously I let her murder the logger guy, no other opportunities to change this really stood out to me. 

Zahua: Seems to me that influencing him will be left for part 2. Even though he told my character about his clans troubles, he kept saying my stuff was more important and wouldn't give a quest to help him out. So I guess this is the default "personal quest: Incomplete" ending. I should also mention that the narrator says more than what appears in the ending text for some reason. Not really anything different, just more. 

"Under Taena's guidance the mines..." : I didn't awaken Taena, I awakened the Orlan. Now, I have started another playthrough and gotten to the point of awakening Taena and that lead to her attacking me (after giving the required info) and I don't know if it can go any other way. But that would still change this slide I imagine. Not really sure about the "half a dozen others had been excavated in the nearby peaks" bit. May be related to helping the girl with her gem-finding device and telling her it works (rather than lying and saying it's junk)? I figure this because I imagine she sells the tool to a bunch of people and tells them to use it in the White March. Seems a bit of a stretch though, perhaps they just come because DB is now safe. 

Stuff about the new generation being eager for exploration: Could this be related to me making a deal with the Ogre Matron? Maybe because it's kind of siding with the son's new way of thinking over the mother? Or this is possibly given to everyone who bothers with TWM content. 

Smuggler's opportunities: Probably got this because I returned the woman's stash to her and told her to cut me in, rather than reform her, kill her or turn her in to the mayor.

Owynna's midnight errands: Clearly from awakening Owynna. 

Watcher's visit seen as an ill omen: I don't really get this one, who are they praying for ("prayer for the dead left in the Watcher's wake")? The dead that result from smuggler's prospering? The loggers I killed with the Devil? Possibly a reference to the threat that we'll deal with in Part 2, but can't now (the "eyeless" (I think this is what they called them, may be wrong) that killed the dwarves of Durgan's Battery), coming and killing some of them. Could also be referring to the people I let burn in the house at the start. Or perhaps the thieves-pretending-to-be-priests that I killed? I am most interested in knowing if anyone didn't get this one/got something different, and why.

Finally, I chose to send the lingering Battery souls back to the Wheel, but I can't see this effecting any of the ending slides I got.

• 4 months later...

Very little interest in this, I suspect most playing pt 1 are just waiting for pt 2 before going to Sun in Shadow to actually finish the game again, but I'll continue regardless. 

http://imgur.com/a/EM8XW

Finish TWM pt 1 in 2 other states, seems clear now that the slides are divided as so: 

a - Depends on what you did with the souls at the end of the Battery.

b - Depends on the state of the potential Awakened. 

c - Based on your reputation with Stalwart. (Though I did have a high reputation with the first TWM playthrough (that I posted the screens of in the OP), I did kill the loggers which may be what prevented them celebrating the Watcher's arrival).

Then you have the Devil and Zahua slides: Can not currently do anything with Zahua, so that is always the same. Devil can either kill the logger or not, for two different endings. I wonder if a happier end is possible for her. 

Awakening Taena and not killing her is indeed possible, just had to make a few of those attribute/skill checks that my first character that attempted it could not. 18 resolve will do it alone, but there's also various combinations of perception/lore/constitution/slightly-lower-resolve that will get you there. 

I'd really like to know what affects that final Stalwart slide, I was nice to everyone and tried to be a hero and the slide I got was "the bodies left in the Watcher's wake". I killed people for the Temple of Ondra quest (they attacked me! They're thieves!) and that guy the Devil Of Caroc wanted to kill as well, would that do it?

• 3 weeks later...

Got to the ending after doing part 2 content:

http://imgur.com/a/93Rqa

Seems doing part 2 content gets rid of some of the part 1 Stalwart slides. Also seen is a new Zahua slide (that uses the Devil's background image for some reason) for completing his quest. I suspect you'd get a different one if you tell him that he can now move on at the end of his quest, rather than telling him that Tacan's ways live on in him. Other new variables seem to be: 

• Returning Eyeless to Abydon
  • How you deal with Iron Flail
  • What you do with the ogre clan
  • How/if you take care of Maneha
Edited by rivmusique

It seems like there's a set of WM1-exclusive slides, which are overwritten and not used at all if you have part 2.  I wonder if they decided to cater to people who only bought part 1 or if they came up with different slides later on.  I'd like to know the requirements for the new ones, because I got the same as you got for the Iron Flail but I tried to settle things peacefully so I thought I'd have got something more positive.

Also yeah, Zahua's slides seem to be bugged, I also saw Devil of Caroc's picture for him.  I'll check if it's been reported in the Tech Support forum.

I also dealt with the Iron Flail peacefully, figured that was why they stuck around, attracting other Readcerans and tensions steadily rose. If we had wiped them out perhaps they'd back off, other Readcerans would be too scared to come up, and the region would be more peaceful in the long run. 

There seems to be a slide for if you don't fight the Eyeless at all, I've just skimmed through the new slides but it looks like it replaces the very last slide of the main game, "a long journey loomed ahead"

The new slide basically says "also an army of monsters killed you"

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I also dealt with the Iron Flail peacefully, figured that was why they stuck around, attracting other Readcerans and tensions steadily rose. If we had wiped them out perhaps they'd back off, other Readcerans would be too scared to come up, and the region would be more peaceful in the long run. 

I think the game also takes into account how you treat your allies before the final battle. I pissed off the ogre matron and she left, and then I got the bad slide about the ogres. I didn't resolve things peacefully with Readcerans so I don't know if you can influence their ending, but I've found this slide description in the game files:

"With the Eyeless defeated, Stalwart redoubled its efforts to unlock the mysteries of Durgan steel and create new marvels upon the White Forge.

However, the villagers also realized that they would never achieve their ambitions on their own. To that end, they set aside their grievances and welcomed newcomers - Dyrwoodan and Readceran alike - to their town."
Worth checking out maybe?

Also there was this:
"Abydon was restored but tempered, and the compromise that he and Ondra sought played out in the Dyrwood, too. 
Skilled labor saw a revival in the Dyrwood, and the country's architects, engineers, and masons transformed the broken nation into a modern marvel. Defiance Bay was rebuilt into a grand capital, and the roads that connected the country were paved into broad highways."
A compromise? Dunno how to get it either.
Edited by Aramintai
  • Like 1

I wiped out the iron flail and got the same slide...

• Like 1

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

I think the game also takes into account how you treat your allies before the final battle. I pissed off the ogre matron and she left, and then I got the bad slide about the ogres. I didn't resolve things peacefully with Readcerans so I don't know if you can influence their ending, but I've found this slide description in the game files:

"With the Eyeless defeated, Stalwart redoubled its efforts to unlock the mysteries of Durgan steel and create new marvels upon the White Forge.

However, the villagers also realized that they would never achieve their ambitions on their own. To that end, they set aside their grievances and welcomed newcomers - Dyrwoodan and Readceran alike - to their town."
Worth checking out maybe?

Also there was this:
"Abydon was restored but tempered, and the compromise that he and Ondra sought played out in the Dyrwood, too. 
Skilled labor saw a revival in the Dyrwood, and the country's architects, engineers, and masons transformed the broken nation into a modern marvel. Defiance Bay was rebuilt into a grand capital, and the roads that connected the country were paved into broad highways."
A compromise? Dunno how to get it either.

Interesting. I managed to get the Raedceran's to help out in the final battle as well, so it seemed we were all cool, at least for that moment. They did not storm off or anything (IIRC, there were options to tell them you couldn't trust them or something, I imagine that would have made them leave). So can't pinpoint why they wouldn't get along with how I did it. 

The Abydon stuff could come from the final conversation with the eyeless, perhaps if you make a strong case for why starting anew is often a better course and then restore him. 

There seems to be a slide for if you don't fight the Eyeless at all, I've just skimmed through the new slides but it looks like it replaces the very last slide of the main game, "a long journey loomed ahead"

The new slide basically says "also an army of monsters killed you"

Here it is: 
Edited by rivmusique

Interesting. I managed to get the Raedceran's to help out in the final battle as well, so it seemed we were all cool, at least for that moment. They did not storm off or anything (IIRC, there were options to tell them you couldn't trust them or something, I imagine that would have made them leave). So can't pinpoint why they wouldn't get along with how I did it. 

The Abydon stuff could come from the final conversation with the eyeless, perhaps if you make a strong case for why starting anew is often a better course and then restore him. 

Well, I tried to be as diplomatic as I could and got all 3 parties to help me - ogre matron gave me a summoning horn, Readcerans helped with siege weapons and Stalwart with cannons. But in the end the slide still gave me that bull****  about trouble brewing at the border. So I've no idea how to get that slide about Stalwart inviting Readcerans. Maybe it's bugged or something. Or maybe to get that slide you need to do the opposite - kill the Iron Flail troublemakers and do everything to ensure Stalwart continues to work with the White Forge, so they'd feel generous and safe enough to invite docile newcomers.

Also, that slide about tempered Abydon is definetly connected to what you say to the Eyeless at the end, I saw it in the game files. There are numerous dialogue options that vary in number depending on how far you are in the game with quests. You must present them with enough arguments to prove that holding onto memory and history is not always a good thing. Personally, I've failed to convince them because of some of the choices I made, for example, binding souls to the forge or telling the duc to rule in favor of animancy will make you fail to prove your point. I'm too lazy to replay such a big chunk of the game, but if anybody has a save with proper choices it's worth a try checking out that ending. Seems like the best out there for Dyrwood (and the world, for that matter - untempered Abydon may as well bring another moon down on Eora in the future).

Edited by Aramintai
  • Like 1

Also, about Readcerans brewing trouble at the border - maybe that slide will change if you bind souls to defend the Battery. According to this reddit post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/projecteternity/comments/49hdo2/white_forge_choices_do_they_matter_spoilers_inside/

if you do that then bound souls will help defend the battery against the invaders.

Ok, I've managed to convince the Eyeless to temper Abydon:

rk99nc.jpg

Examples of what sways them towards this compromise are:

• tell them about the dangers of animancy (if  the quest The Hermit of Hadret House was already completed it only works if the duc ruled in disfavor of animancy)
  • bring Aloth to tell them about the Leaden Key machinations (here I encountered a bug - Aloth spilled the beans that he's a Leaden Key member even though I still didn't complete The Hermit of Hadret House quest, still needed to go to the hearings)
  • tell them that the White Forge is too powerful for mortal hands (must free the souls in WM part 1 for this to work)
  • bring Pallegina to tell about the Vailian Republics plot to undermine Dyrwood
  • bring Devil of Caroc to tell about how bad history shaped her life
  • bring Zahua and/or Maneha to tell how history brought misery upon them (only works if you convinced them to forget about their past, but for Maneha I've encountered another bug - if you don't allow her to dive into the Salt Well her dialogue with the Eyeless still plays out as if she did )

The rest of the arguments are pretty straightforward and are available by default, you just have to choose correct options.

As for the other ending slide in question - the one about newcomers, Dywoodans and Readcerans alike, being welcome in Stalwart - I'm beginning to think it has something to do with a quest Risk Tolerance. Maybe if you close the fishery so that Stalwart will need to rely on others for food, allow Crucible Knights to patrol the mines and blacksmiths to oversee the White Forge then maybe Stalwart villagers will see that it's beneficial to seek help from outside the village. Th Iron Flail still need to die for this to work, I think.

P.S. Dat Devil of Caroc though - badass :w00t: :

a3zew9.jpg

2mdq934.jpg

Edited by Aramintai
  • Like 2

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<StringTableFile xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <Name>conversations\endgameslides</Name>
  <NextEntryID>1</NextEntryID>
  <EntryCount>2</EntryCount>
  <Entries>
    <Entry>
      <ID>135</ID>
      <DefaultText>As the fragment of Ionni Brathr crumbled around you, it pulled you into the frigid depths of Cayron's Scar. 

You died secure in the knowledge that the threat of the Eyeless died with you.</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>136</ID>
      <DefaultText>Unfortunately, you would have little time to contemplate the matter. Soon after your victory at Sun in Shadow, rumors of a monstrous army swept the Dyrwood.

What first sounded like superstition and drunkards' tales turned out to be much more. Enormous creatures of flesh and iron found you and brought the walls of your keep down upon you.</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
  </Entries>
</StringTableFile>

<StringTableFile xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <Name>conversations\px1_endgameslides</Name>
  <EntryCount>27</EntryCount>
  <Entries>
    <Entry>
      <ID>1</ID>
      <DefaultText>Bank Node 1</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>2</ID>
      <DefaultText>The Hollowborn scourge ended, and healthy children were born once more in the villages of the White March.

Yet this new generation displayed an uncanny vigor and a hunger for exploration. In time, they would push across the White March, establishing new towns and restoring forgotten settlements. 

What had once been a region in decline became a thriving frontier, known for its famous artisans and explorers.</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>4</ID>
      <DefaultText>Even after the Hollowborn scourge ended, the White March remained a difficult and dangerous place. 

Yet it was made safer by Durgan's Battery. The cannons atop the old fortress protected the roads from bandits and ogres, and the keep became a place of refuge for the villagers in the region.</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>5</ID>
      <DefaultText>The Hollowborn scourge ended, and as news of the White Forge spread, smiths came from near and far to labor by its fires.

It drew the attention and envy of several governments, but it also revitalized the region. Once more, the White March grew famous and prosperous for its metalworking.</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>6</ID>
      <DefaultText>Bank Node 6</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>7</ID>
      <DefaultText>Unfortunately, Stalwart's ambition to reopen its mines died with Taena. After she passed, there were none left in the village with the experience and expertise to oversee the project.

Stalwart would profit from the traffic of traders and artisans seeking the White Forge, but without their own source of ore, they saw other villages grow rich while they remained fishers and hunters.</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>8</ID>
      <DefaultText>Under Taena's guidance, Stalwart's mines were restored, albeit slowly and with half a dozen accidents. However, this did not forestall the arrival of scores of prospectors, many of them brigands and outlaws, and all of them eager to profit from the White Forge.

By the time Stalwart reopened its mines, half a dozen others had been excavated in the nearby peaks. The lawless men and women who ran them became a constant source of competition and violence for the beleaguered village.</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>9</ID>
      <DefaultText>With her newfound energy, Taena oversaw the restoration of Stalwart's mines faster than any could have expected. As word spread about Durgan's Battery, artisans and smiths came to rely on the village's steady supply of ore. Their coin paved wide roads, built sturdy walls, and renewed hope for the people of Stalwart.</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>10</ID>
      <DefaultText>Bank Node 10</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>11</ID>
      <DefaultText>The opening of Durgan's Battery created ample opportunities for the smugglers that already prowled the mountains. The law-abiding villagers of Stalwart did their best to bar the gates against these ruffians, yet they somehow found a way into the village, where they spit in the streets and shouted over games of dice. 

While the villagers fretted and gossiped about their rowdy visitors, few noticed Owynna's midnight errands, or the extra coin that passed to her as she served food and drink to the boisterous patrons.</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>13</ID>
      <DefaultText>Despite the discovery of the White Forge, the Watcher's visit to Stalwart was long hailed as an ill omen. Few could talk about the path blazed through Durgan's Battery without a whispered prayer for the dead left in the Watcher's wake.</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>14</ID>
      <DefaultText>Even as Stalwart memorialized the discovery of the White Forge, the arrival of the Watcher became an even more celebrated occasion. For the Watcher had given them not only Durgan's Battery, but also hope for their own village. </DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>15</ID>
      <DefaultText>Yet for Stalwart, the name of the White Forge was flavored with bitterness. It reminded people of the Watcher, a mysterious scoundrel who had given them the White Forge but taken much from their village.</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>16</ID>
      <DefaultText>And while Stalwart celebrated the discovery of the White Forge, they spoke little of the Watcher. Eventually, the Watcher's name faded from their tales, even while the White Forge blazed on.</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>17</ID>
      <DefaultText>Harmke's death had brought the Devil of Caroc little satisfaction. In time, her taste for vengeance soured. What replaced it was a hunger to feel something - anything - new.

Summer had thinned the snowpack twice over when she felt the joint at her elbow first begin to stiffen. She turned her back on the hopes of animancy and civilization and walked east.</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>18</ID>
      <DefaultText>Releasing Harmke left the Devil of Caroc with a gnawing dissatisfaction that continued to eat at her long after the Watcher confronted Thaos.

She resumed her search for the men and women who had razed Cold Morn, clinging to the hope that enacting her revenge might one day allow her to feel something.</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>19</ID>
      <DefaultText>Bank Node 19</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>21</ID>
      <DefaultText>She pushed through the mountains, past Readceras, and into the broad plains of Ixamitl. She had forgotten what it was like to simply journey, no goal or destination in mind. 

Though she felt nothing more than the steady thump of her feet on the road, the endless horizons and grassy meadows were new to her. She measured her time in the gradual rusting of her body and was satisfied.</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>22</ID>
      <DefaultText>Yet as she hunted and killed, the futility of her actions grew like a leaden weight in her gut. Her movements grew stiff and sluggish as her zeal deserted her. 

One day, she found herself surrounded in Maiden Falls. As she tried to fight back against the villagers, she felt her arms stick in their sockets and her legs buckle beneath her. 

The villagers tore her body apart and shattered its segments while she screamed, feeling none of it.</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>23</ID>
      <DefaultText>Her movements slowed, but so did the world around her. Waist-high grasses undulated and tacked in the wind, as gradual as the tides. Sparrows and blackjays made steady pilgrimages across the sky, each flap of their wings a solemn salute.

She could hardly move when she found something she had never seen before - the ocean. With the last of her strength, she pulled herself beneath the waves, content at last to feel the movement of currents and the constant caress of the waves.</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>24</ID>
      <DefaultText>Zahua came to peace with the loss of his master's knowledge, and decided instead to start anew.

He traveled back to Coldflow Lake, where the monastery of the Thousand Dreams remained empty.</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>25</ID>
      <DefaultText>There, he reestablished the Nalpazca order, and taught all he could remember of his master's teachings.

Would-be disciples traveled great distances to learn from the old master, and in time, they took disciples of their own in turn.</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>26</ID>
      <DefaultText>Seeing himself as the last messenger of the teachings of Ixepillo, Zahua sought out an apprentice who embodied the spirit of the Nalpazca.

Finding one in a vicious Defiance Bay bar fight, Zahua took her under his wing and taught her everything he remembered learning from his master.

He asked her to promise to do the same before sending her onward, and she obliged.</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>27</ID>
      <DefaultText>Zahua saw that his master's teachings were lost to the world, and that he was to blame for it.

He began to journey aimlessly, seeking punishment and suffering, craving the moments of clarity they brought him.

But they would remain only moments, as true enlightenment continued to elude him.</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>28</ID>
      <DefaultText>Bank Node 28</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>29</ID>
      <DefaultText>There, he founded a new order, with a new philosophy based upon his own experiences and unusual beliefs.

Would-be disciples traveled great distances to learn from the old master, and in time, they took disciples of their own in turn.</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>30</ID>
      <DefaultText>Trigger Conv Node 30</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
  </Entries>
</StringTableFile>

<Name>conversations\px1_endgameslides</Name>
  <EntryCount>31</EntryCount>
  <Entries>
    <Entry>
      <ID>31</ID>
      <DefaultText>Bank Node 31</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>32</ID>
      <DefaultText>Abydon's renewal brought new vigor and purpose to a god long known for quiet, steady labor. Handicraft saw a revival in the Dyrwood, and no smith wanted for an apprentice.

Additionally, Abydon's restored interest in preservation led to redoubled efforts to survey Engwithan ruins. Animancers and craftsmen alike found much to study, but tensions with Eir Glanfath rose.</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>33</ID>
      <DefaultText>Bank Node 33</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>34</ID>
      <DefaultText>The Flames-That-Whisper clan found a cautious peace with Stalwart, particularly once the villagers heard of the aid the ogres had offered against the Eyeless.

The clan moved back into the Russetwood, and as Stalwart grew in prestige, the villagers formed a tighter alliance with their ogre neighbors. Within a generation, ogre traders visited Stalwart, and village hunters were welcome in the Russetwood.</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>35</ID>
      <DefaultText>As for Stalwart, the Battle of Cayron's Scar only strengthened their resolve to unlock the mysteries of Durgan steel and build new marvels with the White Forge.</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>36</ID>
      <DefaultText>Abydon was restored but tempered, and the compromise that he and Ondra sought played out in the Dyrwood, too. 

Skilled labor saw a revival in the Dyrwood, and the country's architects, engineers, and masons transformed the broken nation into a modern marvel. Defiance Bay was rebuilt into a grand capital, and the roads that connected the country were paved into broad highways.</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>37</ID>
      <DefaultText>The destruction of the Eyeless and the permanent loss of Abydon's memory emboldened Ondra. 

She considered the knowledge that kith might have found - both of the origin of the gods and her part in concealing it - and vowed that such a calamity must never come to pass.</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>38</ID>
      <DefaultText>""</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>39</ID>
      <DefaultText>Bank Node 39</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>40</ID>
      <DefaultText>Free from the burden of her memory, Maneha soon left the Giftbearers and resumed adventuring. Now that she had a taste for the world, she wanted to experience it anew.</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>41</ID>
      <DefaultText>Once Maneha had made peace with her memory, she decided the time had come to face her more recent past.

For the first time in decades, she returned home to Rauatai, and she found that it had changed as much as she had. New districts had sprung up along the coast while others withered into crumbling husks, and the streets had changed their course as surely as rivers.</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>42</ID>
      <DefaultText>Maneha never found the Salt Well, but she found a kind of peace in her duties as a Giftbearer and in the ebb and flow of her journeys.</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>43</ID>
      <DefaultText>Maneha rediscovered her zest for battle, extravagance, and romance. She kept her gaze on the horizon, looking from one journey to another more distant, from the lover in her arms to another more fervent. Hers was a life of excitement, violence, and passion.

She moved too quickly for regret to catch up with her, and she hoped only that she might outpace it in the next life, as well.</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>44</ID>
      <DefaultText>Her parents wept with joy at her return. They still ran the old spice shop, and in its many aromas and flavors, she found memories of the places she'd traveled and the people she'd known. She told her story, bottle by bottle, and began to build a life on the soil she knew best.</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>45</ID>
      <DefaultText>As she traveled and accepted burdens from Ondra's supplicants, she saw in their eyes a kind of peace that she had not previously noticed.

It was faith, not that Ondra had freed them of their pain, guilt, and regret, but that she would, a little more each year. 

With that realization, Maneha learned to accept that Ondra's ways were as gradual as they were inexorable.</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>46</ID>
      <DefaultText>However, Stalwart's ambitions brought them into further conflict with the Readcerans as more and more impoverished communities gathered at the border and vowed to finish the work of the Iron Flail.

It would be many generations before the region saw peace.</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>47</ID>
      <DefaultText>Meanwhile, with the Eyeless defeated, the people of Stalwart counted their dead and reconsidered what their ambition had cost them.

In the end, they realized that their greatest strengths had come not from Durgan's Battery, but rather from the men and women who had come seeking new opportunities.</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>48</ID>
      <DefaultText>Thus, they sealed off the White Forge and abandoned their pursuit of Durgan steel. Durgan's Battery became a trading post once more, and Stalwart thrived in its shadow. 

Stalwart's revival brought trappers, traders, and artisans from all over the Dyrwood, and from Readceras, too. Prosperity brought peace to the border region as Dyrwoodans and Readcerans alike left old quarrels behind.</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>49</ID>
      <DefaultText>With the Eyeless defeated, Stalwart redoubled its efforts to unlock the mysteries of Durgan steel and create new marvels upon the White Forge.

However, the villagers also realized that they would never achieve their ambitions on their own. To that end, they set aside their grievances and welcomed newcomers - Dyrwoodan and Readceran alike - to their town.</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>50</ID>
      <DefaultText>Stalwart grew not only as a hub for mining and metalworking, but also as a trading outpost, which Durgan's Battery stood ready to protect. 

With this newfound prosperity came a generation of peace.</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>51</ID>
      <DefaultText>She churned up a fury in her seas - underwater mountains rose and fell, and the seabed was swallowed and spat out again by the great maws that divide the continents of kith. 

Only a fraction of this chaos reached land, but it was enough to swell rivers and spread earthquakes throughout the Dyrwood and Eir Glanfath. Coastal towns suffered so that few noticed the damage that had been done to Engwithan ruins from Thein Bog to Twin Elms.</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>52</ID>
      <DefaultText>Bank Node 52</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>53</ID>
      <DefaultText>The battle against the Eyeless left Stalwart more hostile than ever toward the ogres in its midst, and the villagers grew bolder as they grew more prosperous. After a handful of bloody skirmishes, the Flames-That-Whisper clan left the Russetwood to seek a quieter, more isolated home in the White March. </DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>54</ID>
      <DefaultText>While many such places existed in the mountains, the crossing was treacherous, and the ogres often found themselves embattled with other clans whose territory they passed. 

Less than half of the Flames-That-Whisper survived the journey, but those that did found a haven far from kith lands.</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>55</ID>
      <DefaultText>On the other hand, expeditions to Engwithan ruins steadily declined, and the Dyrwood found a more stable, peaceful relationship with Eir Glanfath.</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>56</ID>
      <DefaultText>Zahua came to peace with the end of the Tacan people, and decided instead to start anew.

He traveled to Defiance Bay, where he took up residence with the scriveners of the Hand Occult for a time.</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>57</ID>
      <DefaultText>He spent his time there writing down everything he could remember of the Tacan and their way of life. 

When he was finished, the voluminous set of tomes was given to the Hall of Revealed Mysteries, so that the Tacan legacy might live on.</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>58</ID>
      <DefaultText>Zahua came to believe that the Tacan had survived through him. He returned to Ixamitl, where he united a number of small, vulnerable tribes under the beliefs of his people.</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>59</ID>
      <DefaultText>He called them Tacanaquin - kin of Tacan - and under his tutelage they became strong enough to resist would-be conquerors. 

Zahua taught his secrets not to one chosen person, but to all, that the line of knowledge might never be broken.</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>61</ID>
      <DefaultText>Zahua came to understand that the time of the Tacan had passed. With his soul no longer fettered to worldly concerns, he grew to become the enlightened Anitlei his shaman had foreseen.</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>62</ID>
      <DefaultText>He took up in an empty monastery near Coldflow Lake, and word began to spread of his presence there. He taught pilgrims and students how to leave behind their vanity, their fear, and even their past.

He invited those who studied with him to share their newfound knowledge, so that all might free themselves from suffering.</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
  </Entries>
</StringTableFile>

Edited by hamskii

Talking about a wall of text, might wanna put a spoiler tag on it.

I've seen what's in those game files too, but they don't help much because they don't show how to achieve those specific ending slides.

Edited by Aramintai

Played another character to the end of the game after doing part 2 content:

http://imgur.com/a/tANm7

On that playthrough I killed the Iron Flail people on sight. I'm now thinking that Stalwart/Readceran situation is based on how you handle Abydon: Preserve > They don't get on and white forge work continues, Tempered > work continues in the White Forge and Readcerans are welcome, Send Eyeless to Wheel > White forge work stops and Readcerans are welcome at Stalwart. 

• Like 1

Ok, I finally got all the nice-nice endings:

2lml4x4.jpg

2a7ctxg.jpgfnbcd4.jpg2dvn3ab.jpg

I've already written how to get tempered Abydon ending slides on the previous page, so combined with what I did there, for the Stalwart fluffy ending I also did this:

• starting from White March part 1 I made sure that all the villagers survived (like two in the cave of the cursed shapeshifted druid + the druid himelf; one who fell into a ravine near Durgan's Battery; made sure fishery owner still owns it, etc.). You can kill Harmke though, his death didn't affect anything. This part is important because I've seen a bad slide where Stalwart villagers abandon their ambitions about White Forge entirely because they'd suffered too many deaths.
  • KILLED the Iron Flail, yes, it is a must - they were the troublemakers.
  • During the quest Risk Tolerance I made sure that fishery still operates, the mines are patrolled by Stalwart militia and the White Forge will be used by Crucible Knights' blacksmiths who will share their knowledge.
  • made sure I got rid Stalwart of all active criminal elements, like that drug dealer, for example.
  • was as diplomatic as I could be, trying to tell everyone they should work together

So there you go - best ending slides. Actually the rest of them from the original game were also so disgustingly nice that now I'm really looking forward to that new Tyranny game where you can play as a bad guy  :devil:

Edited by Aramintai
  • Like 1

Are you sure that this: 

"I'm now thinking that Stalwart/Readceran situation is based on how you handle Abydon: Preserve > They don't get on and white forge work continues, Tempered > work continues in the White Forge and Readcerans are welcome, Send Eyeless to Wheel > White forge work stops and Readcerans are welcome at Stalwart."

is not the case? Meaning, have you finished the game and gotten a combination that's different from the above?

And, as with a lot of the PoE content, I'm not sure that it's a matter of "best". There are reasons a character would prefer others. It definitely is the most peaceful/prosperous ending for the Dyrwood though. 

Edited by rivmusique

Are you sure that this: 

"I'm now thinking that Stalwart/Readceran situation is based on how you handle Abydon: Preserve > They don't get on and white forge work continues, Tempered > work continues in the White Forge and Readcerans are welcome, Send Eyeless to Wheel > White forge work stops and Readcerans are welcome at Stalwart."

is not the case? Meaning, have you finished the game and gotten a combination that's different from the above?

And, as with a lot of the PoE content, I'm not sure that it's a matter of "best". There are reasons a character would prefer others. It definitely is the most peaceful/prosperous ending for the Dyrwood though. 

I'm pretty sure this is not how these endings are connected. If you spare the Iron Flail you will never get a peaceful ending, I tried that. But perhaps they are connected somehow, I've seen another entry in the files where Stalwart stops working on the Forge but prospers as a traditional hunting town. So maybe if you save enough citizens, kill the Iron Flail and banish the Eyeless that's how you get it.

But, personally, I already found my best endings, so I'm not gonna play through all that again just to test it.

• 3 months later...

Ok, I've managed to convince the Eyeless to temper Abydon:

Examples of what sways them towards this compromise are:

• tell them about the dangers of animancy (if  the quest The Hermit of Hadret House was already completed it only works if the duc ruled in disfavor of animancy)
  • bring Aloth to tell them about the Leaden Key machinations (here I encountered a bug - Aloth spilled the beans that he's a Leaden Key member even though I still didn't complete The Hermit of Hadret House quest, still needed to go to the hearings)
  • tell them that the White Forge is too powerful for mortal hands (must free the souls in WM part 1 for this to work)
  • bring Pallegina to tell about the Vailian Republics plot to undermine Dyrwood
  • bring Devil of Caroc to tell about how bad history shaped her life
  • bring Zahua and/or Maneha to tell how history brought misery upon them (only works if you convinced them to forget about their past, but for Maneha I've encountered another bug - if you don't allow her to dive into the Salt Well her dialogue with the Eyeless still plays out as if she did )

Aramintai, in this playthrough that you convinced them to reforge Abbydon, did you finish the Crucible Knight's first quest, "Built to Last"? I want to do it to have access to Dunstan's shop, but if that prevents this ending, I won't do it.

On my last playthrough I did the quest and the Eyeless mentioned it as an argument against me.

sign.jpg