Come On! You're killing us!

Patience is a virtue, so they say :-P

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

• 4 weeks later...

A while back, in the Paizo forums, I predicted that this game wouldn't see release until the second half of 2016. I would be more thrilled than anyone to be proven wrong, but my advice here is the same as my advice there: try to forget about this game, assume it won't come out for another year, and be pleasantly surprised if that should turn out to be untrue. :)

It's been a month. This still going strong?

You're starting to lose us.

give up man, the rest of us did.  apparently cutting and pasting a screenshot is 15 seconds they can't be bothered to spare once a week. 

to be fair, it's probably not the dev team's fault.  If Obsidian is like most any other game company, they're probably producing this app with half the required personnel and working them six twelves or more.

the only part of this whole process that truly annoyed me is that it takes the same amount of time to post a screenshot as it does a stupid GIF, and we saw plenty of those.

While I don't work for Obsidian (volunteer mod) I do have experience working on licensed games and I'm assuming every media release (such as a screenshot) needs to be approved by the license holder. In which case posting a screenshot becomes a bigger legal hassle than its worth.

• Like 1

While I don't work for Obsidian (volunteer mod) I do have experience working on licensed games and I'm assuming every media release (such as a screenshot) needs to be approved by the license holder. In which case posting a screenshot becomes a bigger legal hassle than its worth.

What TrueNeurtral said. There is a whole process to it. The game is looking awesome and you'll all be very pleased when we get to show you more. The team is also incredibly excited to show you what they've been working on. Any of us posting something is because we want to interact with you in anyway we can, even though it might not be with the treasure trove of screenshots that we wish we could. It will happen, though!

Patience young Padawans.

• Like 1

On Twitter @MikeyDowling

What TrueNeurtral said. There is a whole process to it. The game is looking awesome and you'll all be very pleased when we get to show you more. The team is also incredibly excited to show you what they've been working on. Any of us posting something is because we want to interact with you in anyway we can, even though it might not be with the treasure trove of screenshots that we wish we could. It will happen, though!

Patience young Padawans.

we could always have a sing-along while we wait.  It could even be PACG-relevant.  Join in if you know the tune...

*ahem*

Poog say Zarongel is the best...

• 1 month later...

Like my TrueNeutral friend and all the other mods, I'm a volunteer. I'm the newest and least important moderator. ...And, to top it off, I can be a royal pain. So, not working for Obsidz, I'm not defending it. I have had some harsh words for and about the company over the years, so don't take this as an apology for folks that don't even employ me. More to the point, this isn't a warning, an admonition, or even an attempt to shut anyone up. Hell, I think folks should complain about stuff on these boards. Unless people use profanity or personally attack another member (and I don't care if the other member is a dev, a mod, or some poor schmuck like I've been most of the time in these forums), I'm all for letting folks vent frustration or rage.

I can understand the fear that this game could end up as vaporware. After all, it's been in development for some time, an eternity compared to some games and the quicker pace and turn around of some projects. So, I kind of worry if I'm going to end up disappointed also.

...But, as a gamer and a consumer, I've seen a lot of projects come and go over the years. I was heartbroken when Van Buren was canceled and, I will say with utmost drama queen fervor, I literally felt like I'd lost a beloved girl friend when the Black Hound got the chop. That was Black Isle Studios and Interplay. I complained bitterly about Van Buren. I remember posting at one point about how the latest news had pretty much made me throw in the towel on the project. I also recall vividly the response one of the developers made, one who would find himself unemployed not soon thereafter. He laughed. He was right to laugh at me. I was jonesin' for a game. He lost his job.

Like I said, keep givin' 'em hell. That's all cool. I mean, I figure folks here are griping because they *want* the game to succeed. They want it to succeed, be done, be good, and work to start on the xpac or sequel. ...But I'm also saying keep in mind that the designers who actually come here probably *can't* say more than they do. Their jobs might depend on it.

Now, because I stuck my head out and got preachy, I'll not take it personally if you grief me over it. :Cant's loosening his collar with a worried grin icon:

• Like 3

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Game development takes time, perfect game development takes longer. 95% of the frustration I personally feel, and probably a similar chunk with others, would be alleviated with someone spending 15 minutes once a week to give us some vague high level smoke and mirrors version of progress. Transparency in the business world in every industry has become a necessity for a reason. The few of us that are here could have been the best free marketing and buzz generation tools they ever could have hoped for, but we're getting nothing.

I seriously don't feel entitled to anything to include this game or progress updates for the same. But at the same time, there's absolutely nothing being done to hold my interest here, either. I know there's more to it than we're allowed to see; than they're allowed to say. But I'm also not naive enough to think they couldn't communicate with us more regularly on some level without impacting any legalities of the project. 

The game this app is based on is even losing interest now that the initial rush has it has faded and the innovation it provided has waned due to the wave of the Cult of the New. It's not dead by ANY means, but it's not the vehicle that would have guaranteed overnight success with the app that it once was, either.

There are a dozen points to make, a dozen anecdotes to chew on. I really hope this works out and that it's good enough when it comes out to make me eat my words. But, couldn't it have all been done better in the first place?

• Like 2

All life is surrounded by things that could have been done better in the first place. As someone who literally and, I *promise* you, has no more information than you, I will say that I hope things become clearer soon.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

It makes me sad to see so much negativity on these forums because I'm really excited about this game and really grateful to Obsidian for making it. I'd rather get a digital version of one of my favorite board games of all time in 2016 or even 2017 than never get one at all.

I respectfully disagree with the idea that the development team "should" have done more marketing, weekly updates, etc. These things look simple to the consumer, but they require time and resources that a small dev team might not have. So I don't think that a lack of weekly updates, etc is the culprit here. 

If anyone at Obsidian reads this and is open to constructive feedback, I think the issue is simply a matter of expectations. We were told the game would be released in Q1 of 2015, and that didn't happen; then we were told emphatically that it would definitely be released this fall, and now that doesn't look like it's going to happen either. In general, minimal marketing surrounding a game is okay, but when silence is coupled with incorrect expectations, that's when people start to get frustrated.

• Like 2

I Facebook messaged Obsidian and asked for an update. They responded almost immediately. Below is what they said:

Thanks for your patience. We're still hard at work on Pathfinder and it looks great! We have some very exciting announcements regarding the status of the game in the near future. We wont be shipping the game in 2015 but we do have big plans for it in very early 2016. Expect the information dam to burst real soon! Again , thanks for your patience and support. We know the waiting is frustrating. But it will be worth the wait! We promise!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...