Games started before patching?

For the first several patches I just deleted old games and started new ones since I am a chronic restarter anyway :p

For the 2.0 and 2.01 patches I tried keeping some but when I try to run them I have issues - some large (blocks of pinkish purple "smoking" up about half a given area - and continuing when going to a new area), some smaller - unable to exit the game from the main menu screen (Start new game - continue - load - save etc) hitting exit opens the other menu screen (Game - graphics - sounds - etc) - hitting esc brings back the main menu screen.

My question is should I just forget about trying to use older saves and just feed my inner restarter addictions by beginning new games? :)

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

I have successfully loaded up a game started on 1.0.3 (I'm loading that save on every new patch and resaving it). I run around Dyrford, Caed Nua, did some fighting in Craghold and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. This was on 2.0, still haven't installed 2.01.

I have successfully loaded up a game started on 1.0.3 (I'm loading that save on every new patch and resaving it). I run around Dyrford, Caed Nua, did some fighting in Craghold and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. This was on 2.0, still haven't installed 2.01.

I was thinking that might be my problem with these games - I ran some of these games without adding the "in between" hot fixes (after 1.6) and then had to add 3 patches (2 hot fixes and 2.0) in order to install WM - I wonder if installing them one after another without opening and starting the game in between has caused some issues with the older saves.

I couldn't seem to find a list of known issues on 2.1 yet but it's pretty new. There seemed to be some chanter oddities when I was doing soem dungeon levels yesterday (phantom not disappearing after a combat, chants not always resetting.

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...