Potential settings for future installments

30 members have voted

1. 1. What locations would you be most interested as settings for future Pillars of Eternity games?

• Eastern Reach: The Dyrwood/Eir Glanfath/White March
    • Eastern Reach: The Vailian Republics/Pearl Coast
    • Eastern Reach: Readceras
    • Aedyr
    • Deadfire Archipelago/Naasitaq
    • Ixamitl Plains
    • Old Vailia
    • Rauatai
    • The Living Lands
    • The White that Wends
  2. 2. How interested would you be in revisiting locations from PoE 1?

• I would prefer to only revisit old locations
    • I would like the game to be mainly set in old locations, with a few new locations thrown in
    • I'd like there to be about an even split between old and new locations
    • I'd like some old locations to reappear, but have the game largely set elsewhere
    • I'd like a future sequel to be set entirely in new lands!

I find it hilarious that, at the time of writing, everyone's seen enough of the Dyrwood and wants to go elsewhere. :p

qKz5nVP.png

tumblr_ntb1sfqeVI1rxxgfbo3_400.png                                                         

I stream every Friday at 9pm EST: http://www.twitch.tv/ladaarehn  Currently streaming: KOTOR 2.

Pillars of Eternity homebrew tabletop thread: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/84662-pillars-of-eternity-homebrew-wip/

Vailian Republics / Pearl Coast would be my favorite, but Deadfire Archipelago would also be pretty good.

I want naval battles :)

I generally prefer sequels to be entirely in new locations because fresh, but I wouldn't mind if we got to visit an older location or two. It's not like I dislike the Dyrwood; quite the opposite.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Vailian Republics / Pearl Coast would be my favorite, but Deadfire Archipelago would also be pretty good.

I want naval battles original.gif

I generally prefer sequels to be entirely in new locations because fresh, but I wouldn't mind if we got to visit an older location or two. It's not like I dislike the Dyrwood; quite the opposite.

Well, remember there's plenty of places in the Dyrwood that we've yet to visit!

I find it hilarious that, at the time of writing, everyone's seen enough of the Dyrwood and wants to go elsewhere. :p

Given the choice? Not odd at all, very basic human instinct to want to explore new places.

Fortune favors the bald.

I'd love to see Deadfire Archipelago as that's where my character came from, and I see lots of votes for the Vailian Republics, but I think the sequel will probably be set in Readceras. The potential conflicts involving a nation trying to recover after losing its living god (and a war with its neighbor nation) too good to pass up.