The current refugee wave in Europe

Meshugger

In case you guys have been watching the news, the borders in the EU are not quite working as some EU members want to enforce the rules and some don't, all while it is expected that up to 800 000 people will seek asylum in Germany alone. 

These are the current figures according to UNCHR:

LDt5hoR.png

But graphs are just graphs, lets check how the situation is at the greek island of Lesbos, who recieved 10 000 more refugees just today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epNWPJQQXMU

A translation of what the man in the end is saying:

"Why don't we open the gates to send them away even without papers? It's all the same, it's all lies and you are waiting to find a solution with papers? What papers, they want to leave, you just give them a piece of paper and tell them to write their name. Everyone of them robs the other, they hit each other, stealing their papers and money. We have Al-qaeda sympathizers here, al-Nusra sympathizers. They told me themselves. We have jihadists, they must go! Why do you herd them here? send them out. Yesterday they broke in the meatshop of Moria and stole all the knives and cleavers there. What are you waiting for, for us to die?"

As anyone with a brain knows, whenever you have a major demographical displacement going on, things will get quite hostile and quickly. Godspeed fellas!

Oh btw, check the date of this article below, hopefully it's completely baseless:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2958517/The-Mediterranean-sea-chaos-Gaddafi-s-chilling-prophecy-interview-ISIS-threatens-send-500-000-migrants-Europe-psychological-weapon-bombed.html

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

All the ME countries should accept them. I thought the West/Europe was evil and so anti Muslim so why won't Muslims want to go there en masse? Could you imagine the opposite happening with a bunch of Europeans/Christians ran to the ME - say during WW2 - what kind of interesting stuff would happen there?

• Like 3

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The whole thing is utter madness. I never thought I would have sympathy with Tony Abbot of all people, he's a terrible human being, but the Euro response is an utterly unmitigated disaster waiting to happen and which will actively encourage massive migration not of refugees but of anyone who can half way plausibly claim to be Syrian and will actively exacerbate the problem rather than help. It isn't merely likely that there will be ISIS infiltrators there under these circumstances, it is completely inevitable and it isn't just likely that there will be a swarm of economic migrants rather than refugees in this situation it too is inevitable.

For all the utterly stupid crap that Europe has pulled in the middle east they don't owe millions of people anything- except the Libyans whose country they so blithely crapped on with the worst combination of naivité/ political based stupidity since Iraq2003 at least, but they make up a tiny proportion of the refugees. The current approach is the complete opposite of the Australian approach, while that is devoid of humanity but highly effective this has only 'humanity' without even an iota of effectiveness. And anyone who does anything to mitigate things gets criticism. I loathe the Australian system with its extranational concentration camps and guards there who will, literally, be thrown in jail if they talk about said camps but if anything the Euro approach is actually worse.

The whole thing is utter madness. I never thought I would have sympathy with Tony Abbot of all people, he's a terrible human being, but the Euro response is an utterly unmitigated disaster waiting to happen and which will actively encourage massive migration not of refugees but of anyone who can half way plausibly claim to be Syrian and will actively exacerbate the problem rather than help. It isn't merely likely that there will be ISIS infiltrators there under these circumstances, it is completely inevitable and it isn't just likely that there will be a swarm of economic migrants rather than refugees in this situation it too is inevitable.

For all the utterly stupid crap that Europe has pulled in the middle east they don't owe millions of people anything- except the Libyans whose country they so blithely crapped on with the worst combination of naivité/ political based stupidity since Iraq2003 at least, but they make up a tiny proportion of the refugees. The current approach is the complete opposite of the Australian approach, while that is devoid of humanity but highly effective this has only 'humanity' without even an iota of effectiveness. And anyone who does anything to mitigate things gets criticism. I loathe the Australian system with its extranational concentration camps and guards there who will, literally, be thrown in jail if they talk about said camps but if anything the Euro approach is actually worse.

But hey, cheap labor (really cheap).

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Unfortunately I predict that the usual will occur, the migrants will be dumped in economically depressed townships that have no infrastructure to support them, local councillors will applaud their own generosity, unemployment will skyrocket, ghettoes will be formed and the young will be radicalised and grow to hate the culture that they have no real role in.

• Like 2

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Well sorry about the influx of cheap labor to prevent wage growth for the work force currently there and the likely attacks from jihadists. Perhaps this is what will cause the EU to crash with no suhrvivohrs though.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

All the IS sleeper agents disguised as refugees flooding my country, and the violent creation of a new sub-culture during oen of the worst economy crisis Europe has seen. What could possibly go wrong? Fun times are ahead. 

Why? Well, there is a saying: In politics, nothing happens by accident.  The foundation for war is being forged as we speak. 

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 3

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I just wish the political discussion was more nuanced than "We should put them all in camps and ki.. I mean deport them" or "we must open our borders to everyone at once! If you disagree you're a racist!!"

Perhaps taking some of them in for now, educate and then return them with tools to build a functioning democracy and try to stabilize the region. Destroying our "enemies" from within, by befriending them.

• Like 4

Fortune favors the bald.

This makes Murica's own problems with its borders look downright negligible by comparison.  There's a vetting process to go through when you seek to enter a country, where your credentials are scrutinized and background checks are run to make sure they're not about to let a known terrorist or wanted criminal emigrate into their country, I know this because my family went through such a process when we were emigrating to the US.  This process took months, granted this was back in the 80s and a lot of that can be done much more efficiently now, but how the hell do you do that with hundreds of thousands making their way across your borders?

This is a mess and very very bad things are going to come of this.  Thank goodness I'm an ocean away.  I feel for the people who are staring this directly in the face right now.

Perhaps taking some of them in for now, educate and then return them with tools to build a functioning democracy and try to stabilize the region.

Because that's worked so well in the past.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Well, the mess we have to deal with now is more or less the chaos the US left behind, but you can screw things up if there is an ocean between you and the hornets nest you just poked with a stick. Tough luck for the people who live close to the nest though. 

But its all part of a bigger plan to destabilize Europe. 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Believe me, I'm as big of a proponent of stay the **** out of there as you're gonna find and certainly the US sticking its nose into the Middle's East business hasn't helped.  On the other hand it's not like that region has ever been stable.  That region is a powder keg, always has been, but yeah, the US threw some matches on said powder keg, which didn't make things any better.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I just wish the political discussion was more nuanced than "We should put them all in camps and ki.. I mean deport them" or "we must open our borders to everyone at once! If you disagree you're a racist!!"

Perhaps taking some of them in for now, educate and then return them with tools to build a functioning democracy and try to stabilize the region. Destroying our "enemies" from within, by befriending them.

While I don't think any Bay of Pigs style of shenanigans is the way to go I do find it disheartening that most of the talking heads seem to have an all or nothing type of approach to all this

Free games updated 3/4/21

Yes, surely there has to be a middle ground between Australia/ Tony Abbot strong arming tiny bankrupt islands into taking refugees for them under horrendous conditions and rolling out a blanket red carpet as Germany/ Merkel seem intent on doing.

Having said that, europe should be far more able to cope than poor old Lebanon, where about a quarter of the population is a refugee (and that's excluding the large number of Palestinian refugees) and there's a huge risk of their extremely nasty civil war going live again as a consequence of what's happening in Syria.

EU should stop them at the perimeter (as a group, so the rich boys pay up) and then maybe try to allocate them in a reasonable way with screening. Maybe. But best way of doing this is to not focus on the human side too much, good intentions and all that

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

EU should stop them at the perimeter (as a group, so the rich boys pay up) and then maybe try to allocate them in a reasonable way with screening. Maybe. But best way of doing this is to not focus on the human side too much, good intentions and all that

Hungary has basically fortified its border with Serbia, to no avail. There's just too many of them coming. A lot of them come in really crappy boats too, and the navies and coast patrols are over capacity just rescuing people from wreckages. And even then a lot of them just drown.

It really is a ****ed up situation.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Ok guys, what's going on here in this thread? This is the anti-version of my facebook feed, and most importantly, the anti-version of what the media is broadcasting. People giving up their homes for refugee housing, young women welcoming them with cheers and banderollas, spontaenous food & clothing donations and so on and so on.

It's like that the media outcry is manufactured or something.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy