[2.01] Graphic Bug @ Craighold

mungomunk

Question

I just entered the map, and the first thing I saw were these giant pink squares moving around. For some reason I believe there not supposed to be there :)

I run POE with on Win 7 and never had any graphic issues whatsoever. Quite the opposite everything was smooth until now

post-79124-0-52197200-1441622693_thumb.jpg

Edited by mungomunk

8 answers to this question

I am experiencing this also. Pretty sure it is not as intended.

In addition the mercenaries are all hostile but they don't attack. Not sure if that is by design or a by product of the area issue.

This is the first bug I have encountered while playing. I'm holding off venturing further until this is acknowledged.

GOG version, 2.01 White March version of the patch only.

Win 7 64bit.

I have the same problem but the whole area map is covered with that pink stuff. Happened after i updated to 2,01. GOG version. Win 8. Tried updating my graphics drivers and loading different saves but the problem remains. Can't play the game at the moment. I haven't expeienced any big problems before this either.

• Like 1

Been experimenting a bit more. Tried to load a save with a different character from main game area (caed nua) which works normally. Visited cragholdt with this character and there I experienced the hostile but inactive mercenarys as well as pink squares moving around as described above.

When I load areas with my most recent character (stalwart, russetwood) the whole area map is completely pink and obscures the characters and backdrops but i can see the UI and submenus (character sheet, inventory). Will try to attach a save file later today.

Ah, how embarassing. I just realized that I downloaded the 2,01 patch for the base game and that there is a separate one for the WM expansion if you scroll down. When I downloaded the correct one my problem was resolved. Gotta say though, the GOG patching system is a bit clunky.

Definetly downloaded and applied only TWM 2.01 from gog. Pink squares all over the place :(

Hi there,

Please verify/repair your install if you are using Steam/GoG Galaxy or reinstall if downloading straight from GoG. This issue can pop up if you get a corrupt download.

Thanks for your support.

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

So I re-downloaded the 3 parts of the 2.0 download from GOG (I don't use Galaxy).

I then applied the White Marches DLC without 2.01 patch.

I loaded my save and everything was working as expected; no pink particle effects, mercs attacked me as expected.

I then re-downloaded the 2.01 patch again from GOG and applied it.

I loaded the save save and it came with the same bugged results stated above.

Thus there is definitely something wrong with the GOG 2.01 patch.