New Player - A Question

I just started playing Pillars, and I am a little rusty on my crpg skills and gameplay knowledge.  My question is:

Do food buffs stack? 

For example - If I have my character drink an ale (+2 damage reduction), and eat grain (+5 endurance), will I get both effects or will the second one undo the first one. 

Also if I eat two items that have an effect on the same stat, will they stack - fruit and grain are both +5 endurance - will I get +10?

Sorry if this is a dumb question or has been asked a million times already.

Thanks!

No, it's not like Knights II where you can stack the same statistic. In PoE, if you already have a buffed stat and you drink more ale (!) or whatever, it won't stack. You won't get the benefit, unless it's higher than the existing bonus. For example, if you're already at +5 and consume or wear something that gives you +10, the total bonus will be +10. You do get buffs for different stats, so your ale and grain example will work.  

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

No, it's not like Knights II where you can stack the same statistic. In PoE, if you already have a buffed stat and you drink more ale (!) or whatever, it won't stack. You won't get the benefit, unless it's higher than the existing bonus. For example, if you're already at +5 and consume or wear something that gives you +10, the total bonus will be +10. You do get buffs for different stats, so your ale and grain example will work.  

Thanks!  That answers my questions for now!