Hiravias refuses to cast Returning Storm.

Pelmaleon

Question

13 answers to this question

One work around I heard about is to turn on the AI and check the box for on rest abilities. Don't know if the class box needs to be filled with a type.

I would go back to the PX1 2.0 white march build. It was more playable even with the stash disappearing.

Edited by Ymarsakar

It appears that the AI combination of "Damage" + "Aggressive" allows him to cast it. I think it more has to do with "Damage", because Returning Storm is one of the spells "Damage" AI uses. I suppose I'll use this workaround for now. Thanks for the tip.

Edited by Pelmaleon

Whatever code they used to do the patch, seems to have broken their database inside the game itself, affecting many of the stuff in the objectbundles, including effects, items, even some visual effects, and even the AI it seems. Or maybe it's not the AI but just the talents/spells the AI is attached to.

As for the AI system, a more flexible and powerful system would allow if/then logic arguments to apply to auto attacks and individual spell casts. In BG2 and IE games, I often wrote scripts to automate my tactics for certain classes, such as casting a wizard's melee spell if a person gets within x meters or is engaging the wizard in melee. So instead of casting 4 buffs when I want the wizard to do melee, I just have him move near an enemy and it does it automatically. The script initially refused to accept human interrupt commands, until I figured out how to interrupt the script as it was running merely by canceling the current action and giving it a manual command. It then executes that manual command before resuming the sequence ai script. If I recall, the trick was to delay the script update by 3-4 seconds, about the time of a single round in BG2 which was six seconds, which allows one action to proceed without it being interrupted by a script command as the script doesn't even update until the action is done. But I think the Pillars Ai has some of that, it's just not very transparent, flexible, or customizable.

Setting individual parameters for each wizard buff, for priest heals, and for various dps/stun effects, can be very useful to help the tactics flow out without a lot of micro. The way they write AI scripts for the enemies is fine, as the enemy just has auto attack and maybe 1-2 special abilities. The AI gets a lot weaker when it comes to player classes which have a number of abilities that must be used in the right order.

Edited by Ymarsakar

While paused I queue up the action and it has the Returning Storm icon, but as soon as I unpause he stands idle with ellipsis over his head. He also refuses to cast it while unpaused. Please fix.

Having the exact same issue.

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

It appears that the AI combination of "Damage" + "Aggressive" allows him to cast it. I think it more has to do with "Damage", because Returning Storm is one of the spells "Damage" AI uses. I suppose I'll use this workaround for now. Thanks for the tip.

Works for barbaric yell too.

Seems silly that fully disabling the AI doesn't allow you to use those spells/abilities.

✔ Certified Bat Food

Works for barbaric yell too.

Seems silly that fully disabling the AI doesn't allow you to use those spells/abilities.

Yell only effects one enemy now though.  Frenzy can be activated manually you just have to be close enough to an enemy.

Have gun will travel.

It's fixed in 2.02 beta.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus