[TWM 2.0] Spelltongue effect icon is never removed

AndreaColombo

Question

SAVED GAME: link

OUTPUT LOG: link

REPRO STEPS:

Load the attached saved game.

Select the Cipher and switch to her second weapon set.

Observe that she is now wielding the Spelltongue rapier.

Make a single melee attack against a companion of your choice.

Observe that an icon that looks like the Spelltongue rapier appears next to the attacked character's portrait.

Hover your mouse on that icon; observe its effects are described with a timer between parenthesis.

Observe that once the timer is over, the icon doesn't go away.

Rest.

Observe that even after resting the icon doesn't go away.

Save the game, quit, and reload.

Observe that even after quitting and reloading the icon doesn't go away.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

11 answers to this question

Hey Aarik,

here it is:

b5mZZBV.png

However, mind that I'm still playing on 2.0 whereas your build is likely fresher. If you can't repro the bug with my repro steps, chances are it has been fixed; no point in wasting further time on it :)

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

When I opened this 2.01 was already out though (I simply skipped it) so chances are Aarik was already on 2.02.

Afraid not, but we could ask the IE Mod guys if they can do it. For now, I simply unequip Spelltongue before fights where enemies can mentally control you.

Afraid not, but we could ask the IE Mod guys if they can do it. For now, I simply unequip Spelltongue before fights where enemies can mentally control you.

thanks.  I did not even notice until a bit after I got it on me.

I also for some reason am sharing my lilliths shawl sneak buff with the entire party for quite a while now.

I also for some reason am sharing my lilliths shawl sneak buff with the entire party for quite a while now.

That's intended: Lilith's Shawl's stealth bonus is actually an aura (the item description used to say it, but not anymore since 2.0)

• Like 1

That's intended: Lilith's Shawl's stealth bonus is actually an aura (the item description used to say it, but not anymore since 2.0)

cool.  I thought it was a weird bug this whole time