"Coordinated Attacks" doesn't do anything

Ineth

Question

This "Coordinated Attacks" paladin ability does not seem to work for me:

XZjmHBO.png

I've selected it for my Paladin during level-up, but I've never seen an accuracy difference in my Barbarian (who is pretty much always the closest ally) depending on whether or not he's attacking the same target as the Paladin.

Nor have I ever seen it pop up under "Active Effects" in the Barbarian's character sheet.

Am I missing something, or is this ability currently broken?

---

Game version: 2.01.0721 PX1

Platform: Linux

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

7 answers to this question

Hello Ineth,

I took a look at your save file and Coordinated Attack is working just fine. As for the accuracy issue, it only affects the UI. If you look at the combat log, you will see that the numbers are correct. You may notice that Eder is gaining 20 accuracy, that is due to Coordinated Attack and Shame or Glory.

Cheers!

Thanks for checking, @lonelornfr. Are you using the same game version?

I created my Paladin with v2.00, and then upgraded to v2.01. Don't remember whether I took that ability before or after upgrading.

I also used the IE Mod for a bit with in v2.00, but not currently. Could that have messed things up?

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

I created my pal in a new 2.01 playthrough, so i cant comment on upgrading from 2.00 to 2.01.

What i can say however is in my playthrough, i've seen a lot of things work fine and then all of a sudden not work anymore. For instance my barbarian was able to manually use barbaric shout for a while, and now he cant use it anymore, it does the same thing as frenzy.

So maybe my coordinated attack buff wont work tomorrow /shrug

Here you go: https://yadi.sk/d/Kl8XiAMpioJva

Instead of my heavily developed and respecced Barbarian, this savegame features only Edér in addition to the Paladin who has the "Coordinated Attacks" ability.

Attack the Mercenary and Knight who are conveniently standing right next to them. This is what happens when I do:

• Before combat starts, Edér's accuracy is listed as 56 in his character sheet.
  • When combat starts, it immediately jumps to 66 for no apparent reason - no matter who is attacking whom.
  • Letting him attack the same target as the Paladin, changes nothing.
  • After combat ends, it's remains at 66.

So I maybe it's not that "Coordinated Attacks" doesn't do anything, but rather that it does too much?

Oh, you're right!

The numbers in the combat log tooltip do make more sense.

I was looking at the character record screen all this time.

Edited by Ineth