Level Cap or Not

48 members have voted

1. 1. Level Cap or Not

• Level Cap
    • No Level Cap

With proper scaling, playtesting and balance a level cap is just fine. The only way a level cap is dumb is putting in so much XP that halfway through the game you hit it. Very frustrating. Anyways there's always some sort of level cap. In FF sure you can get to level 99 but then that's it. But no one ever complains that it has a level cap even though it does.:rolleyes:

The only way a level cap is dumb is putting in so much XP that halfway through the game you hit it.

You mean like Kotor? :rolleyes:

Ok, I exaggerated but I did hit the cap long before the end.

You're exaggerating? Sounds about right to me. All Bioware games have you hitting the level cap real fast.

The only way a level cap is dumb is putting in so much XP that halfway through the game you hit it.

You mean like Kotor? :rolleyes:

Ok, I exaggerated but I did hit the cap long before the end.

You're exaggerating? Sounds about right to me. All Bioware games have you hitting the level cap real fast.

Let's hope Kotor2 is different then. We can't blame Bioware this time.

All BIO games? Don't you mean *some* BIO games?

I hit the caps for BG1, TOTSC, BG2, and KOTOR.

I didn' hit the cap for NWN OC, SOU, HOTU, and TOB.

That's not exactly all, is it now?

Thats aid, there shouldn't be a cap. Period. Caps are a show of weakness and that includes BIo's silly caps. Caps should be FRIED.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

All BIO games? Don't you mean *some* BIO games?

I hit the caps for BG1, TOTSC, BG2, and KOTOR.

I didn' hit the cap for NWN OC, SOU, HOTU, and TOB.

That's not exactly all, is it now?

Thats aid, there shouldn't be a cap. Period. Caps are a show of weakness and that includes BIo's silly caps. Caps should be FRIED.

I did. Sorry you didn't. Caps are neccessary though. Otherwise you might as well cheat your first time through.

Shady: reallY? Tell me how in the blue blazes you reached the xp cap in SOU, or HOTU? Did you start with a character that was two levels from it to start with?

As for cheating; people will cheat no matter what. In a SP game, who cares if people cheat. I surely don't. And, last i checked, KOTOR2 is strictly SP.

Once again, xp caps are for cheaters and lamers who can't handle a real game.

The only way you can reahc the cap in PST is if you cheated or spend hours in the Under Sigil. Heck, the "cap' there was level 99; I reached maybe level 15-18 and I did most everything I could.

I missed the FO1 cap by justa couple of levels; but I could see how one *could* reach the level cap there.

i say no lvl cap

i mean real life has some limits but there's not always a limit

it sucked with a small lvl of 20 in kotor it was NO fun i mean i hit the cap wiothout even killing everything no lvl cap for me :lol:

No fun?? Level 20 is above Yoda. The fights are pathetically easy. -_- I will never understand this munchkin desire to have a character that can destroy stars with his mind. I like having a powerful character sure but what do you want to reach in KOTOR? 60? The system isn't designed for characters that high. It's designed for a maximum level of 20. Anything higher and you might as well just cheat and have an invincible character because for all intents and purposes you will be.

Shady; Nonsense. How is it cheating if ther eis no level limit? Haha. See, i tricked you. i said chearters and lamers prefer level caps as they can cheat to max level (something they'd never be able to do in a non level cap game hence lessen the motivations to cheat for levels). See, a capless game limits the force a cheater can use to "cheat to win' the game.

I win here. You lose here.

On top of that, as far as balance goes, if Obsidianis half as good as we think they are, they should be able to handle capless games.

Soemthing apparantly they nor BIo can handle at all. Too bad too. -_-

How much experience was available in Kotor? What was the maximum level you could reach without cheating? With no cap lvl 25 might be possible. That isn't much different to what Kotor2 should offer even without a cap. It's pointless really unless experience is increased or Kotor2 is much longer. 20 is perfect.