We've all probably got a pet peeve about the way important information is given to you.

There's a good number of things I could name, but these are my top 3 that I hope to see in a future minor patch:

1. Make the selected character much more visible in combat.

2. Make the current actions of each party member easier to see without having to select them all

3. Put random playable character sheets on loading screens and allow me to mouse over key words or scroll up and down their stats screen

Edited by FacesOfMu
  • Like 1

I really want to see the current action and the action queue of each character, or at least the currently selected character, near the portrait. Sometimes, it's difficult to see the icon near the character model, because of scenery and particle effects in the way.

I'd also love to have a slider that adjusts the transparency of world scenery, like trees and walls, so you can see the battle more clearly. Or maybe transparency increases in combat and then goes down again after combat. I've tried to mod it in myself, but to no avail. Not sure if that's relevant.

It would be nice to have a visual reminder that you have conditions that don't stack fully. E.g. say your character's effect list has Valor​Deleterious Alacrity, Dazed, Devotions of the Faithful I'd like Valor and Devotions of the Faithful to be a little greyed out so you can see they are partially suppressed by something (e.g. each other), or at least that something is wrong here. At the start of the game, I thought conditions like that do stack :(

An easier way to distribute items between characters, like food. Say you have a stack of 6 Duc's Beefloaf and you want to give each character one. Right now, you have to double click the stack, scroll down to "1", and then put it in a character's backpack. And then again and again. It would be nice if you could Alt+Click or something and get exactly 1, or maybe 1/2 of the stack.

• Like 1

I really want to see the current action and the action queue of each character, or at least the currently selected character, near the portrait. Sometimes, it's difficult to see the icon near the character model, because of scenery and particle effects in the way.

I'd also love to have a slider that adjusts the transparency of world scenery, like trees and walls, so you can see the battle more clearly. Or maybe transparency increases in combat and then goes down again after combat. I've tried to mod it in myself, but to no avail. Not sure if that's relevant.

It would be nice to have a visual reminder that you have conditions that don't stack fully. E.g. say your character's effect list has Valor​Deleterious Alacrity, Dazed, Devotions of the Faithful I'd like Valor and Devotions of the Faithful to be a little greyed out so you can see they are partially suppressed by something (e.g. each other), or at least that something is wrong here. At the start of the game, I thought conditions like that do stack :(

An easier way to distribute items between characters, like food. Say you have a stack of 6 Duc's Beefloaf and you want to give each character one. Right now, you have to double click the stack, scroll down to "1", and then put it in a character's backpack. And then again and again. It would be nice if you could Alt+Click or something and get exactly 1, or maybe 1/2 of the stack.

I had never thought about suppressed and overlapping afflictions. That's a good point!

Also on meals, it'd be nice to just drop a meal on the character portrait (outside combat) so that their next action after unpausing is to consume that meal. It'd save a lot of painful inventory shuffling.

One thing that bugs me is the repeated mouse over of skills to get quick information like damage or affliction type. I can spend a good portion of combat going through each tier of spells to find specific kinds of spells that I need for the current situation.

I'd like a UI toggle option that shows a string of damage type icons above each skill, much like the vertical buff/debuff icons next to the character portraits.

Some skills buff and debuff the same stat, so there'd need to be a buff and debuff version for each icon (or causes-, protects against-, or reduces defense against-, for the damage types). If it were possible, some very small numbers next to each icon saying their effect size per duration would also be great. That way combat would be faster because we could make better comparisons and quicker judgements.

Sure, some players would lose the full scope of some skills, but that's likely happening right now anyway under the breadth of available skills. Those who fully grasp skills above just the quantitative info are still going to excel at this. It's just going to be faster gameplay for all of us who toggle this option on.

Edited by FacesOfMu

Hold the diddly darn phone, THAT'S how you split item stacks? I couldn't figure it out for the life of me!!

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING.

• Like 1

qKz5nVP.png

tumblr_ntb1sfqeVI1rxxgfbo3_400.png                                                         

I stream every Friday at 9pm EST: http://www.twitch.tv/ladaarehn  Currently streaming: KOTOR 2.

Pillars of Eternity homebrew tabletop thread: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/84662-pillars-of-eternity-homebrew-wip/

Also on meals, it'd be nice to just drop a meal on the character portrait (outside combat) so that their next action after unpausing is to consume that meal. It'd save a lot of painful inventory shuffling.

I just found out yesterday that you CAN drop food on the character and they eat it :dancing: