Forge Knight corpses disappear if you load a saved game after killing all Forge Knights in Winds of Steel

Infinitron

Question

And all the NPCs return to their original places  - Dunstan returns to his Forge rather than being holed up with Commander Clyver etc. This is kind of annoying if you weren't done looting the corpses, not to mention immersion breaking.

Clearly the area is scripted to return to its original state on area load after you finish the quest, but that includes loading a saved game before you've actually left the area. The area shouldn't reset until you've actually left it physically.

Edited by Infinitron

7 answers to this question

Hey Infinityron,

Could you upload a save file and an output log if you still have one so I can take a look? 

Thanks a bunch!

I can give you a saved game from before killing all the Forge Knights. To see the bug for yourself, you'll have to kill all three groups of Forge Knights in the Crucible Keep, then save the game, then reload the new save.

Edited by Infinitron

I checked out your save and I did encounter the part where Dunstan returned to his original location, but the forge knights that I did kill, corpses remained. Are you referring to the corpses that were already placed down during the scripted event?

Hmmm, it's possible. And of course, every other NPC in the Keep is reset to his pre-crisis location too.

Even without losing the lootable corpses, it's still a bug. Areas should not change when I reload a save. When I load a game, I expect the game state to be restored exactly.

Edited by Infinitron