As all you know by now, White March 1 is mid game expansion. Honestly, I am a bit surprised and disappointed they did this, since I already finished the game, which it means I have to load the game before entering last location (forget the name).

So, my question is, is white march 2 an end game expansion or mid game expansion like white march 1? I just wanna finish my game now.

Likely mid-game.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

bump. Just wanna ask, is there any news when WM 2 will be released?

When it's ready and finished. My guess in January/February 2016.

I'm reading all across the web about Pillars of eternity 2 ( http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/116069-pillars-of-eternity-the-white-march-part-ii-will-be-last-expansion-obsidian-talks-sequel.html)

I was thinking that White march episode 2 should set up the POE2 story or some hints about it. 

"Sawyer says POE2 will take place in a less traditional setting than the lovely familiar greenery of the Dyrwood."

Edited by Cyseal

I wonder if they're going do a Baldur's Gate where they'll let us import our characters in PoE2.

Sorry, I didn't understand your question. Could you eleborate?

POE2 won't have any connections to BG except it's RPG and maybe some easter eggs.

Importing POE character could be possbility. Depends of the timeline and story of POE2.

Edited by Cyseal

bump. Just wanna ask, is there any news when WM 2 will be released?

There is not even any news that there will *be* a PoE 2, let alone when it might be released.  But for purposes of comparison, Shadows of Amn was released about two years after the original Baldur's Gate, aided by the re-use of (a modified version of) the Infinity engine and by the fact that some of SoA's plot points had been settled on while creating BG1. 

Edited by jsaving

I wonder if they're going do a Baldur's Gate where they'll let us import our characters in PoE2.

POE2 won't have any connections to BG except it's RPG and maybe some easter eggs.

Importing POE character could be possbility. Depends of the timeline and story of POE2.

In english "do a" means "to emulate". Veynn was effectively saying "Will POE2 have an import feature similar to how BG2 allowed you to import BG1 games?".

In english "do a" means "to emulate". Veynn was effectively saying "Will POE2 have an import feature similar to how BG2 allowed you to import BG1 games?".

Except that Veynn should have said "I wonder if they're going TO do a Baldur's Gate ..."

• 2 weeks later...

There is not even any news that there will *be* a PoE 2, let alone when it might be released. 

True but Josh and other devs have been speaking pretty freely about it on podcasts and elsewhere, even if they occasionally remember to add some qualifiers.

Pillars was successful and it's Obsidian's own property. Barring disasters like the studio going under all of a sudden, I'm sure there will be a sequel.

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

I'm sure they have some ideas percolating about what to do with a PoE2. Possibly you may be dealing with the consequences of the outcome from PoE. If it's a direct sequel then you'll probably also be playing a high-level party.

Edited by rjshae

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Soulless babies are quite dark enough already for my tastes.

Also,dark fantasy theme as in Souls games and Bloodborne. Not just with that horror elements but with the constant otherwordly athmosphere. Darker woods and soft dark colored/contrasted environments with strange nature within.

Also, more unique boss fights with good writing.

Soulless babies are quite dark enough already for my tastes.

Also,dark fantasy theme as in Souls games and Bloodborne. Not just with that horror elements but with the constant otherwordly athmosphere. Darker woods and soft dark colored/contrasted environments with strange nature within.

Also, more unique boss fights with good writing.

I don't find this appealing at all.  I'm not into dark fantasy or horror themes.  (I never go to horror movies.  They do absolutely nothing for me.)

I much prefer some simple high adventure, maybe a little light-heartedness mixed in at times to lighten the mood.

I'm sure they have some ideas percolating about what to do with a PoE2. Possibly you may be dealing with the consequences of the outcome from PoE. If it's a direct sequel then you'll probably also be playing a high-level party.

One of the things that I wasn't entirely fond of was the "what happens to all the Companions" stuff at the end.  Oh, on one hand, it's kinda cool.  But OTOH, it seems like that stuff would be more than a little inhibiting for doing a direct, continue the story sequel, if the devs intended to reuse some or most or the Companions.

That said, IIRC, BG2 didn't re-use all that many of the BG1 companion NPCs.  Some, but not all.  So I suppose that we might see the same thing in a PoE2.  Maybe some, but not all of the Companions.  (I could do with a new companion Priest.  Let Durance's ending remain unchanged.)

I have no firm opinion on where PoE2 should take place, except to say that I'd like it to be somewhere other than the Dyrwood.  And perhaps somewhere that doesn't feel like Dyrwood-2.

• Like 1