Can anyone share Durgan Iron Ingots locations?

I've just cleared the battery, checked everywhere thoroughly and I've only got 8 ingots. I've heard there are 20...what have I missed? The only thing I can see that even might have some is the minecart. I pushed the level first time and ended up in that little room with the shield sigil. Now when I go back I can't choose to not push the lever. Did I miss a bunch down there?

There are 16 in the Battery, many hidden in various secret spots (so you need to sneak around with high perception character to be sure)(but AFAIK you didn't lose any for pulling the cart switch on the first time), 1 in a secret spot in Alpine dragon's cave, and 3 in another secret spot in the room with floating weapons in the Archmage's tower.

• Like 2

With help from srlapo and mpr, we've reached 21 so far.

Longfalls:

1 (Secret) just west below the fortification with Lagufeth in the middle of the map.

1 (Secret) in Alpine Cave according to mph (Haven't beaten that dragon yet so cannot confirm it).

Durgan's Battery:

1 Great Hall NW room with part of 3-part helmet (Garondh's chorus).
1 Mines Workshop
2 Mines secret area reached by using mine chart, looking around, and grabbing lever (dex check).

8 (Secret) Mines, mining cart in room in SW corner - thanks to srlapo for this one, which I had overlooked.
1 Foundry NW, room NW of Treasury
1 Foundry S, room at S end of corridor.
2 Foundry W, bench N at the forge itself.

Crägholdt

3 (Secret) spot in the room with floating weapons in the Archmage's tower according to mph.

Edited by pi2repsion
  • Like 4

When I said death before dishonour, I meant it alphabetically.

Thanks, srlapo; I'm amazed I'd managed not to find that one, as I had cleared the room. Sloppy, sloppy, of me.

With the 3 from Archmage and 1 from Alpine Dragon mentioned by mpr, that makes a total of 21 with known locations. :)

Edited by pi2repsion
  • Like 1

Huh, I totally missed the one in outdoor Longfalls, no idea how. As for the one in the cave, you can get it without a fight if you befriend the dragon by fixing its soul with your Watcher powers.

Also, my Perception 19/Mechanics 1 Watcher seems to be finding all the secrets (according to the log), not my Mechanics 13 trap-expert.

Huh, I totally missed the one in outdoor Longfalls, no idea how. As for the one in the cave, you can get it without a fight if you befriend the dragon by fixing its soul with your Watcher powers.

Also, my Perception 19/Mechanics 1 Watcher seems to be finding all the secrets (according to the log), not my Mechanics 13 trap-expert.

By which I guess that you have your watcher in the #1 (leftmost) character slot since the log reports "Hidden Object Found (name of first character in active selection)"/"(name of first character in active selection) has found something" when you have an active selection of characters, regardless of which character it is that finds something.

As an example, if you have all characters selected and moving around scouting, #1 will always be mentioned regardless of who finds it, while if e.g. you are sending somebody out scouting a place where you know something will be found, let's say that it is #2 from the left you send out, and then before #2 arrives to find it select #3, #5, and #6, then the game will report that #3 found it when #2 finds it, because #3 is first in the 3, 5, 6 selection.

This is a minor bug that has been present since 1.0.

Edited by pi2repsion

okay so I checked the cart at the southwest portion of the mines and I did not find anything. I am currently using a person with 13 mechanics. Is the purple area supposed to be the cart itself? or did it come from the box in the same room? I dont remember since its been a while i looted that room. 

Nvm, I was only able to find it after getting that note from the frozen dwarf in the secret room of the great hall. Thanks for the heads up!

Edited by Havuk

• 2 weeks later...

'1 (Secret) in Alpine Cave according to mph (Haven't beaten that dragon yet so cannot confirm it).'

It is possible without fighting the dragon. I entered the dungeon with mechanics 11 and a scroll of 'Rite of Hidden Wonders' fired up. I sneaked around the edges and found some goodies on the right side, did not let the enemy discover me. Sneaked back on the edge to the left side (still under scroll influence) and found a hidden treasure, but just in eyesight of the dragon. I entered, picked up the loot and the dragon starts conversation. In his first conversation you have the first and the last chance to leave on the dragon's command. LEAVE! He shouts and you leave without a single word and problem and with the ingot.  

Bye Dragon, seeyou in the endfight (probably a lot of paralysescrolls) 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

A little late I see.. but...

Longwatch Falls - North East just east of the Dwarven Ruins (marked on map) is a Vase thar contains 1 Durgan Ingot.

Just made a rogue with plenty mechanics and slept at Caed Nua for +2 bonus so dont know how much is needed to show it.