The Champion of Berath Fampyr AWOL

mph

Question

This is an old tiny bug I've seen mentioned here and there, but I couldn't find it properly reported. So, after the rematch fight with Raedric, the fampyr servant who brings you to him offers to work at your Stronghold, and as far as I can tell nothing happens if you accept - she's not among hirelings, and I couldn't find her anywhere.

I don't have a save right after it happened, but by Googling this seems to be a common issue (it happened to me in 2.01).

Edited by mph

17 answers to this question

No, sorry, I tend to stick to quick save, so it got overwritten a while ago. But Google results indicate that said Fampyr never showed up to work for anyone so it should be easy to reproduce. The exact order of events was such: I got the quest from the frightened guy in the inn, went to the hold, followed the Fampyr to the top, told Raedric that I'm also a chosen of Berath, beaten him up, talked to the Fampyr again, she referenced how I really am the chosen of Berath and offered to work for my stronghold, I agreed, she never showed up.

Hello mph,

Do you have a save file and output log before you fought Raedric that you could upload so I can take a look?

Thanks a bunch!

There's another, possibly related problem with that Fampyr. After killing Raedric, if you save and then load, she disappears and you don't get the chance to recruit her.

Here's a save from before the fight (restored from the Steam Cloud, praise Gaben): http://www.filedropper.com/86c6fe26022149408bb744934e5373f415301479raedricshold

And one after she's disappeared: http://www.filedropper.com/86c6fe26022149408bb744934e5373f415304515raedricshold

Edited by Infinitron

Hello everyone,

This happened to me today. version 2.01 i think. don't have saves yet but I can get them easily.

I have already written up the bug, so another save is not required. I appreciate it.

In my game, after defeating Raedric, the fampyr simply continued to say, "Lord Raedric is right this way, he's waiting for you."

Could you please upload a save file and an output log?

Thank you all for your support!

... to think this happened to me tonight and I overwrote my saved game shortly before seeing that Aarik would need it :(

If nobody else posts one, I'll load an earlier save and get to that point tomorrow.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Alright, That is not my issue. My issue is just that she disappears the moment that i walk up and see Raedric. So i suppose my bug isn't a bug but just the fact that i am doing the sidequest before having done that other quest.

thank you.

SAVED GAME: link

OUTPUT LOG: link

REPRO STEPS:

Load the attached saved game.

Access the Journal and observe the Servant of Death quest has been completed to Berath's satisfaction.

Face Lord Raederic and kill him.

Go back to the lady Fampyr and try to talk to her. Observe she thinks Lord Raederic is still there waiting for you.

EDIT:

Aarik, while you're tinkering with the saved game above could you write up a ticket for the following? Apologies for not opening a new thread for it but it's the same saved game and output log, plus I'm lazy :p

Load the attached saved game.

Select the protagonist and observe she has the Savage Attack and Vulnerable Attack modals available.

Go to her character record screen and browse her talents.

Observe that Savage Attack and Vulnerable Attack are not listed.

Count her talents excluding those gained through quests. Being a 14th-level character she should have 7, but only 4 are listed.

Of the three missing, two are Savage Attack and Vulnerable Attack; the other is Weapon Focus: Soldier (if you manually calculate her Accuracy, you'll see the talent is actually working.)

Not sure when they disappeared from the list, honestly. I've just noticed they were missing now—apparently from all of my recent saves.

Edited by AndreaColombo

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Hello everyone,

Thank you Andrea for getting that save for me. It appears the issue is happening if you have Servant of Death completed. If you have the quest still active, then the fampyr will recognize that Lord Raedric is dead. I have entered a bug in our database.

@Andrea, I will take a look at it. 

Thank you  and keep up the great work!

If you have Servant of Death active or completed, you will have the option to have the fampyr as a hireling for your stronghold. But the issue Flix is having is that the fampyr thinks Lord Raedric is still alive after killing him.

Hi all, i'm sorry to revive the post but currently (3.01), you will have the option to have the fampyr as a hireling ONLY if servant of death is completed. If it's just active, the gampyr will not start conversation, she will just have a bubble speech recognizing you are a Champion.

Myabe it's working as intended, i don't know, but i think it was right to point this out.

This is an old tiny bug I've seen mentioned here and there, but I couldn't find it properly reported. So, after the rematch fight with Raedric, the fampyr servant who brings you to him offers to work at your Stronghold, and as far as I can tell nothing happens if you accept - she's not among hirelings, and I couldn't find her anywhere.

I don't have a save right after it happened, but by Googling this seems to be a common issue (it happened to me in 2.01).

If I am correct, I got a same type bug, for me after the fight the Fampyr wasn't here...  I am still searching here at the Raedryc fortress, but until now, no result..

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...