https://i.imgur.com/Fo9fWsU.jpg

+50 bonus vs blind and dazzled is nice, rest is rather weird. Average speed, 10% to cast Blind or 5% for Finishing Blow looks nice on paper, and paper only. Shadowing Beyond 1/rest ? At least it is Superb after 3 upgrades and you can get it quite fast.

Do i miss something or it's not worh switching from dual daggers ?

• Like 1

15% chance to apply some nasty things I great I think. Finishing blow is great. I wouldn't take it as an ability because it's per rest, but this enchantment is not. If you have a decent attack speed it will trigger a lot. And if I recall correctly, Finishing Blow is a full attack. So you better combine this mace with another weapon like Ravenwing to get out the most of it.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

You do +50% or +100% damage against blinded targets as rogue. So it is pretty awesome.

You can get this without Nightshroud. My point is, % chance of getting Blind/Finishing is so low (i was testing it for ~2h) that IMO there is no point in switching fast speed weapon for an average one. Unless i miss something.

I don't like that it is limited to Rogues and Priests.  My priests almost always use ranged weapons or pole arms and Mace isn't one of the weapon types that gets a bonus from Skaen, which is what I'd probably pick if I wanted a more close up fighter.   My rogue this game is using two handed weapons, I have the Devil using the Soul Bound estoc and she's murdering things with it.

Might be good with a priest of Berath I guess.

Would be better if Paladins could use it.

I think/hope the point of this weapon is spike dps rather than consistent overall dps. The 5% finishing blow proc and to duel wield it with a heavy hitting weapon like purgatory. Finishing blow is a 50%+ damage full attack (which should include your offhand). Purgatory max base 27 - savage blows 20% - melee gloves 10% - sneak 50% - deathblows 100% - base crit 50% - superb quality 45% - elemental enchantment 25% - annihilation crit %50 - Might 30% - bard chant 25% - finishing blow 50%+ = +475% in damage modifiers.

1/rest shadowy beyond is a good aggro drop, an additional backstab, or can be useful if you cast Ectoplasmic Crush first. However, if the finishing blow proc doesn't work on the offhand, it's mechanically hard to justify using this weapon other than situationally.

Soulbound bow - bow does shock damage and -6 shock DR on hit, if this stacks with regular DR spell debuff like expose vulnerabilites ( -5 DR), and penetrating shot, this could be pretty good on a ranger with stunning shot and twin shot, would like to see rest of stats unlocked

Soulbound Estoc - 10% paralyze on hit is always good for any party

Soulbound Staff - 5% petrify (monk only) always good, even better if dichotomous soul lets the duplicates proc

Soulbound greatsword - 25% slay vessels on hit, situational

Anyone know what the 3 dics in the slots in the wall near nightshroud do? I was hoping they'd enhance nightshroud before I took it, but nothing seemed to change there.

They disable the traps that otherwise occur when you pick up Nightshroud.

Whether you consider that worth doing compared to, oh, I don't know, how about disarming the traps for experience... well, that's up to you. Truly a choice worthy of this emoticon: :facepalm:

Edited by pi2repsion

When I said death before dishonour, I meant it alphabetically.

^ Would be happy to provide it but I'm three humans short of my second upgrade with very few humans left to kill :-\

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

For a rogue this is amazing.

Allow me to correct you here.

For a dual wield rogue it is acceptable.

Compared to a rogue using 2 handed weapons, this is downright laughable.

If it had the same proc rate as other "inflict X on crit" weapons, it'd be worth it.

A flat 10% regardless of it being a hit/crit however, is just not cutting it.

If you're looking for an actual reliable way to set up your own Sneak Attacks, there is not a single item in the game that beats the Tall Grass.

Spoiler alert, you're going to vendor trash Nightshroud afterwards.

That's right - Tall Grass procs a little more often because of +10% crit chance. But Hours of St. Rumbalt has +0.5 on crit modifier. I'm using both on my rogue and can't say which is better. Against low defl. targets I would say Rumbalt wins. All these new weapons that proc X on 10% of hits/crits are not so great for rogues who crit half of the time - but they are great for chars that hit fast/often but don't tend to crit a lot. For example a barb hits a lot with carnage but doensn't crit that much. The grey sleeper on my hogh DEX high INT barb is so great because he's hitting three/four/five enemies with one blow which procs pretty often then. Too bad Nightshroud is not for barbs. Maybe it can be cool for a priest of berath that does melee combat (with Aggr. Radiance and buffs and so on).

Only issue with Tall Grass is it gives prone. Once you hit 11, your Cipher's going to keep many things prone for much of the time, cutting into the time the ability will actually do something useful. A Priests Interdiction will also set you up for a good 15 seconds of Deathblow active on Prone targets at the start, and there's always good old flanking around with boots of speed and fast runner to min downtime as well with whatever other dorks you have up front. And if you don't mind pausing the game and micro'n a bit, one of the casters can easily set up more debuffs for you.

On topic though, yeah, that weapon is very underwhelming. As above, you really don't need it to blind, and Finishblow is cool and all, missing out on a Lash is huge, as those are a staright x25% damage, not a +.25 damage. Much rather just have a Haste+Lash weapon with Durgon Steel enchant than that thing.

Only issue with Tall Grass is it gives prone. Once you hit 11, your Cipher's going to keep many things prone for much of the time

Not using a cipher here, on my Nth playthrough with a rogue ;)

But aye, good point.

If you have a cipher, I recommend Mabec's Morning Star or other weapons that stun and are fast enough to strike a second time while the enemy is stunned. So the war hammer that you get at the sky drangon's place would be nice or the flail that also does spell striking: Minolettas Missiles. Or your custom crafted Cladhadingelingdong spear. That's also nice together with the +10% sneak attack damage enchantment (vicious). 

• 1 month later...

The main issue I have with that is Blind is a pretty easy debuff to toss on mobs as is, so it's normally unnecessary. All Druid, Wizard, and Cipher have a level 1 blind spell, so by the time Nightshroud is an option, perma blind for the team is in play, perma blind on whatever the group is burning down is a go.

Now, if not playing with any of those 3 classes, it's value goes up quite a bit, as no one else really has effective every fight blinds, and Blind is a really nice debuff.

I though it was crap to until I had a good look at it,

it afflicts blind on a hit and crit not just a crit, I think its overpowered

But it is only a 10% chance.

A Rogue with a Durgan Tall Grass will have something like a +45% hit>crit which will happen a lot more than 10% of the time. It'd be great for a Barbarian with carnage but they can't use it.