first I want to say that I am new here just registered and so far I am enjoying this game but I am having a problem I think messed up on the Druids stats. If this is n the wrong area can someone move this please thank you.

So my question is what stats does the Druid need, my stats for my Druid right now are

Might 16

Con   10

Dex   10

Per    10

Int      17

Res    20

is these stats good or bad and should I start over?

first I want to say that I am new here just registered and so far I am enjoying this game but I am having a problem I think messed up on the Druids stats. If this is n the wrong area can someone move this please thank you.

So my question is what stats does the Druid need, my stats for my Druid right now are

Might 16

Con   10

Dex   10

Per    10

Int      17

Res    20

do you have him in the frontlines or there a reason for his Res to be  that high?

if hes in the back it doesnt need to be that high and you can remove a few points to max out Might and Int otherwise its  a decent stat spread.

Edited by Animaillusionaria

Might 16

Con   10

Dex   10

Per    10

Int      17

Res    20

Welcome!

First, you don't need to start over as long as you're playing version 2.0, since it added a feature to let you respec at any inn for just a gold cost (that scales with level I believe).

To help you with any specifics, I'd want to know a few things:

1) What difficulty are you playing?

2) Are you planning to play a full party of six, solo, or something inbetween?

3) Do you prefer your druid to be ranged or melee?

Even though 2.0 made a druid's animal form stronger (and actually viable, where it wasn't generally considered viable before), the consensus is still that a ranged spell casting druid tends to be more powerful and versatile. As Animaillusionaria said, unless you're trying some unusual build like having your druid offtank in animal form, you can safely move most or even all of your Res to other stats. I would even say Dex and Per should be higher, for any viable way to play your druid that I can think of.

Might 16

Con   10

Dex   10

Per    10

Int      17

Res    20

Welcome!

First, you don't need to start over as long as you're playing version 2.0, since it added a feature to let you respec at any inn for just a gold cost (that scales with level I believe).

To help you with any specifics, I'd want to know a few things:

1) What difficulty are you playing?

2) Are you planning to play a full party of six, solo, or something inbetween?

3) Do you prefer your druid to be ranged or melee?

Even though 2.0 made a druid's animal form stronger (and actually viable, where it wasn't generally considered viable before), the consensus is still that a ranged spell casting druid tends to be more powerful and versatile. As Animaillusionaria said, unless you're trying some unusual build like having your druid offtank in animal form, you can safely move most or even all of your Res to other stats. I would even say Dex and Per should be higher, for any viable way to play your druid that I can think of.

I didn't know about the ability to redo stats at an inn till now, so I'll have to check that out as well

I am playing on Normal Difficulty, I am using a party, more specifically I am using the npcs that you get while traveling around.

I play my druid at range

I am playing on Normal Difficulty, I am using a party, more specifically I am using the npcs that you get while traveling around.

I play my druid at range

Ok, so for a ranged druid on Normal difficulty you can definitely safely drop Res to put more points into Might/Dex/Per/Int. All difficulty settings affect the number of enemies (PoTD additionally affects their stats). To be fair, I've played the game extensively before 2.0, but hardly at all since. The enemy AI has improved, and more enemies now will attempt to break past your tanks to target your ranged than before, but I still see players generally giving their ranged characters 10 Res at most, often less.

My reasoning is that Res only helps when you're being hit (which will still probably only be a minority of the time in 2.0), whereas Might/Dex/Int improve all spell casting, and Per helps all attacks and spells that target enemies.

As the others have said, you have way too much resolve. It's not that resolve is bad (it's not), but there are much more important stats for a druid.

I assume there stats are with items and/or resting bonuses? They seem too high by 5 points for base stats.

If you are in the backrow, you can easily survive with resolve 10. Some will even drop it to like 3, but that's a bit too extreme for my taste. 10 is a nice number. Invest the points in Might/Int/Dex/Per instead. I'd concentrate on maxing two of those first (might and int) and put any spare points in the other two. For most casters I'd say go perception as third stat so your spells hit more often and have a higher chance to hit and interrupt. Dex works fine, too, as the druid has quite a few good fast cast spells which you can spam quickly with high dex and a few useful slow spells that get more valuable if you can cast them faster.

Bottom line: Drop your resolve to 10 (or a bit lower if you feel save enough), keep your con at 10 (maybe drop it to 9 or 8, but not lower) and get as much as possible in the other 4 stats, focusing on might and Int.

Also, here's a decent druid guide for the current patch:

As others have said drop Resolve to 10.

If it was me I'd put 8 into perception since missing or grazing is bad. Better to attack slower with a 10 dex and hit then fire faster and miss, especially if you will try and save your per rest spells until you really need them. If you are going to rest after every encounter then go ahead and max dex.

A less than maximum intellect will still cover a huge area, 15 should be plenty.

Might is one of the few ways to increase spell power so feel free to max it out.

Druid Spiritshifter

Moon Godlike

Wildstrike Shock, Weapon focus:Peasant, Greater Wildstrike, Heart of the Storm, Vulnerable Attack then whatever you want to maximize your melee DPS.

Pre-cast anything + AOE storm spells, then 21s spiritshift melee fight, then casts again.

Sorry for my bad english.

Druid Spiritshifter

Moon Godlike

Wildstrike Shock, Weapon focus:Peasant, Greater Wildstrike, Heart of the Storm, Vulnerable Attack then whatever you want to maximize your melee DPS.

Pre-cast anything + AOE storm spells, then 21s spiritshift melee fight, then casts again.

prefer

8 myself

or if he is more frontline

If your res is so low as 3 then pretty much any time you are hit you get interrupted.

Edited by Killyox
  • Like 1

Ranged Druid.

Wood Elf(RP and +5 ranged accuracy). War Bow\Hunting Bow. Ranged druid is an AOE caster. Not a sniper\ranger.

18 for better damage

18 for fast casting\shooting

19 for greater AOE and conversations.

3 ?? You'r third-liner, you don't need RES.

No wildstrike talents, no weapon talents, only utility Heart of Storm and +1 spell talents.

On level 9(it will happen in the middle of Act II) you can spam level 1 spells per encounter.

In Defiance Bay you can buy items with +spells and some items for +MIG and +INT.

Ranged Druid.

Wood Elf(RP and +5 ranged accuracy). War Bow\Hunting Bow. Ranged druid is an AOE caster. Not a sniper\ranger.

18 for better damage

18 for fast casting\shooting

19 for greater AOE and conversations.

3 ?? You'r third-liner, you don't need RES.

No wildstrike talents, no weapon talents, only utility Heart of Storm and +1 spell talents.

On level 9(it will happen in the middle of Act II) you can spam level 1 spells per encounter.

In Defiance Bay you can buy items with +spells and some items for +MIG and +INT.

Seems like a decent stat spread and good advice generally. Now, those +spell items, last I checked, required either Wizard or Priest, and none worked for Druid. Am I deceived, or has this changed?

Seems like a decent stat spread and good advice generally. Now, those +spell items, last I checked, required either Wizard or Priest, and none worked for Druid. Am I deceived, or has this changed?

You are right. No +spell items for druids :(

Only Wildstrike Belt.