Son of a submariner escaped from my prison in a few min!

Want to avoid spoilers, but basically, because I'm a nice guy I took someone prisoner instead of killing them, but then he escaped during the very next screen transition!

My strongholds security is reasonably good I think! (security side is a couple of points higher than prestige)

Makes me wonder about the whole point of having a prison in the first place. If they escape so easily, then it seems much better to just kill everyone and loot them. 

Want to avoid spoilers, but basically, because I'm a nice guy I took someone prisoner instead of killing them, but then he escaped during the very next screen transition!

My strongholds security is reasonably good I think! (security side is a couple of points higher than prestige)

Makes me wonder about the whole point of having a prison in the first place. If they escape so easily, then it seems much better to just kill everyone and loot them.

This happened to me in base game as well, the prisoner escaped like 1 hour of play time later although I had very good security. The whole prison feature is completely pointless in the way it is implemented... like most of the Stronghold. Edited by archangel979

In the base game it happened pretty frequently. I seem to remember, that they even introduced a fix that tied escapes to security level.

I wouldn't have that much of a problem, if you could do something about it. Like recapture them. Doesn't even have to be a gameplay element. There just had to be the option to send a party after them, just as with the adventures. But escaped means escaped for good.

The entire prison feature is just plain bad, which is sad because it could have been interesting, but you lose the loot of the person you imprison and at best you can sell them to an animancer for experiments and a paltry three figure sum of pands. Which is kind of strange because you can imprison some people so they can avoid going to prison in worse places.

Right. Because being beaten sure isn't any worse than having your soul messed up by some whackjob that offered me 300 coppers for a test subject. Hrm.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Luckily for PoE 2 they are going to go for BG2 style strongholds.

lol, and where did you get this convenient tit-bit of info?

The entire prison feature is just plain bad, which is sad because it could have been interesting, but you lose the loot of the person you imprison and at best you can sell them to an animancer for experiments and a paltry three figure sum of pands. Which is kind of strange because you can imprison some people so they can avoid going to prison in worse places.

Right. Because being beaten sure isn't any worse than having your soul messed up by some whackjob that offered me 300 coppers for a test subject. Hrm.

Yup, isn't that basically what happened to a certain new companion? 

The entire prison feature is just plain bad, which is sad because it could have been interesting, but you lose the loot of the person you imprison and at best you can sell them to an animancer for experiments and a paltry three figure sum of pands.

Not saying that it's an elaborate feature compared to what it could have been, but sometimes it pays to wait and not take the first offer. I've had relatives of the imprisoned coming by and offering much more than a 3 digit sum.

The entire prison feature is just plain bad, which is sad because it could have been interesting, but you lose the loot of the person you imprison and at best you can sell them to an animancer for experiments and a paltry three figure sum of pands.

Not saying that it's an elaborate feature compared to what it could have been, but sometimes it pays to wait and not take the first offer. I've had relatives of the imprisoned coming by and offering much more than a 3 digit sum.

Well, that never happened for me. I built the prison early and took some people in Defiance bay prisoner, but I only got exactly one offer from an animancer until the very end of the game. The 300 pand were the first and - only - offer I got. I ended up freeing them all before entering the final dungeon. :)

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I, too, am amazed that this can happen. Then again, I prioritized Security over basically everything else....

qKz5nVP.png

tumblr_ntb1sfqeVI1rxxgfbo3_400.png                                                         

I stream every Friday at 9pm EST: http://www.twitch.tv/ladaarehn  Currently streaming: KOTOR 2.

Pillars of Eternity homebrew tabletop thread: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/84662-pillars-of-eternity-homebrew-wip/

Well, that never happened for me. I built the prison early and took some people in Defiance bay prisoner, but I only got exactly one offer from an animancer until the very end of the game. The 300 pand were the first and - only - offer I got. I ended up freeing them all before entering the final dungeon. :)

It seems to be entirely up to chance.

Sometimes I have one prison break after the other, sometimes none at all. Sometimes virtually nobody shows any interest in the prisoners, sometimes they come in drafts. But, if that's any kind of consolation to you, the loot they drop if killed, isn't worth the effort. I once got frustrated with taking them prisoner and did away with them all. It really doesn't make any difference.

Edited by abaris