[2.01] Barbarians can't enter Frenzy

waycharman

Question

19 answers to this question

Bumping this to ensure the Devs know.  I know its like 6:30 AM over there though lol.  Frenzy is Super Critical to the Barbarian its like if Flames of Devotion was messed up or Blinding strike!

Have gun will travel.

Whats weird is if you use the AI on your barbarian, he does enter frenzy, but you cant cast it manually.

I hate it when they release a patch like this, as steam users we dont even have the option to keep using 2.0.

Agreed.  Ya that is odd.  I guess for Barbarian users the answer for now is tell the AI to do it.  At least you can get it done that way I know its probably not optimal as I like micromanaging my team.

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

Hello everyone, 

We are aware of the issue and working on a  fix. The issue is that you cannot manually active frenzy if the AI is activated. You can disable the AI and you should be able to activate it manually. 

Thank you for your support and patience. 

Edit: I apologize, I made an error in my post. If you keep the AI activated as some of you have mentioned, it will active frenzy on its own. 

• Like 1

I also noticed that bloodlust would not activate after killing 2 or more ennemies. Or maybe the ennemies you kill with carnage damage dont register, i dont know. It could also be that you actually get the bonus attack speed but it wont show as a buff, i dont know.

Edit : actually it DOES show up on the charcacter sheet, but it doesnt show as an icon with the other buffs / debuffs next to your character picture, so it probably works fine.

Edited by lonelornfr

barbarian yell only seems to target one person instead of aoe.

carnage sometimes randomly stops working (not sure what causes this)

characters charge forward a bit even if u do use frenzy running into melee range (if u are using extended reach)

to manually use frenzy u need to set the AI a certain way and can only be activated after u attack once.

i really want to revert back to 2.0 without having to do full install..

Edited by dudex
  • Like 1

I love the  game and I've been really looking forward to playing 2.0 as a barbarian. Is there a fix being prepared for this issue?

You can just let the AI on so your barbarian will still enter frenzy. It's a little bit annoying, there's no saying otherwise, but it's not gamebreaking by any means. It's up to you my i still loved my recent playthrough with barbarians.

The breakdown applies to a lot of talents items and effects in the objectbundle folder. The druid lightning spells also conflict with the ai.

As for a fix, I don't think they even know yet what the fundamental issue was. They certainly didn't know about why some things bugged out in the White March, like the stash bug. I think that was a prelude to some much larger problem they hadn't uncovered, so when they applied a code patch to fix it, it crashed something else even more vital.

The previous obsidian patches seem a lot more stable from 1.0 to 1.03 to 1.05, and so on. Some things needed a hotfix, but it wasn't as systematic a break as it looks now.

So I surmise that either the debug coder changed, the more experienced ones are working on White March part 2 perhaps, or there was some incompatibility between the new White March content and the new changes, which hadn't been fully debugged or understood before they tried fixing some things in the code with this patch.

The fact that GOG prefers to test their patches for a lot longer, may also have contributed to some issues with their version.

Edited by Ymarsakar