Update 2.01 is Now Live

Hey, everyone. Update 2.01 is now live on Steam. Within a day it should also be live on GOG and Origin.

We are currently working to make DVD patches for 2.01, as well. We hope to have those up by the end of the week, but that could slip into next week.

If you would like to see the latest patch notes, please go here.

Here is a quick rundown of some major fixes:

• Party members will now default to AI: On and Instruction Set: None.
  • Many optimizations to save/load and area transitions performance. Some users are reporting a 20% decrease in load times.
  • Blurry text in UI has been fixed.
  • Problems with the stash not properly containing items that have been looted is now fixed.
  • Like 7

Like I posted on the bug forums with the relevant files.  Accuracy on the character sheet is bugged as you actually have to attack enemies with your weapon it then updates and displays your accuracy properly.  On the actual combat rolls the accuracy is always correct so it seems like a character sheet thing.

Secondly, apparently barbarians cannot use frenzy.  That's like wow...it would be like my Paladin with no FoD or LoH kind of defines the class.

Lastly, some guys are reporting the druids cannot cast storm spells.  It personally happened to me in the spider/ogre cave east of Dyrford.  I have to test this out more.

Have gun will travel.

I suppose.... by dvd patches, you do NOT mean physical media for those of us with limited download bandwidth..... right?

What I mean are updates for those that are using the DVD versions of the game The updates are attained through our website here. Once the 2.01 update is finished it will be placed in this location.

I don't see anything about a fix for soulbound weapons not counting kills at all. Doesn't matter if the requirement is 10 or 50 if you're permanently stuck on zero...

I don't think we have seen an issue where no soulbound weapons are counting kills. Is it a specific weapon? If not, would you mind sending over your saved game our way so we can investigate?

I don't see anything about a fix for soulbound weapons not counting kills at all. Doesn't matter if the requirement is 10 or 50 if you're permanently stuck on zero...

I don't think we have seen an issue where no soulbound weapons are counting kills. Is it a specific weapon? If not, would you mind sending over your saved game our way so we can investigate?

Hi Brandon,

the issue has been reported in the technical forum and acknowledge by Aarik D. if memory serves.

When St Ydwen's Redeemer kills a Vessel with the Destroys Vessels proc, the kill doesn't count toward the total for unlocking the next level. Our best guess ("our" as in "the community's") is that a kill only counts if the killing blow comes from the weapon directly and not from the spell it proc'd.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Hi Brandon,

the issue has been reported in the technical forum and acknowledge by Aarik D. if memory serves.

When St Ydwen's Redeemer kills a Vessel with the Destroys Vessels proc, the kill doesn't count toward the total for unlocking the next level. Our best guess ("our" as in "the community's") is that a kill only counts if the killing blow comes from the weapon directly and not from the spell it proc'd.

I think I misunderstood. I thought the problem was that none of the soulbound weapons were counting kills.

That issue you reported is known and it currently in the queue for the next patch.

• Like 2

Hi Brandon,

I think I misunderstood. I thought the problem was that none of the soulbound weapons were counting kills.

That issue you reported is known and it currently in the queue for the next patch.

Celliot over in Technical Support said...

Hello all.  We are aware of the issue with Ydwen's Redeemer.  I will add that this is also happening on other soulbound weapons.  Thanks!

So it has to be something other than just the destroy effect. Is the fix in line for the next patch just for the Redeemer, it is it also something that'll fix Stormcaller, etc.?

Hey, everyone. Update 2.01 is now live on Steam. Within a day it should also be live on GOG and Origin.

We are currently working to make DVD patches for 2.01, as well. We hope to have those up by the end of the week, but that could slip into next week.

If you would like to see the latest patch notes, please go here.

Here is a quick rundown of some major fixes:

• Party members will now default to AI: On and Instruction Set: None.
  • Many optimizations to save/load and area transitions performance. Some users are reporting a 20% decrease in load times.
  • Blurry text in UI has been fixed.
  • Problems with the stash not properly containing items that have been looted is now fixed.

Hello BAdler.

I have installed PoE 2.0 and White March Part 1 from GoG.

I just noticed that there are two updates available:

One is PoE 2.01 and second one is WM 2.01.

GoG Galaxy started to download 6GB patch automatically, but both of these patches when downloaded manualy are just 244MB in total. I have decided to do manual update, because my download speed is terrible. Do you know the answer, if I should apply both patches (with vanilla PoE first) or just the White March one?

No words on GOG forums yet.

Thank you.

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Hi Brandon,

Hello all.  We are aware of the issue with Ydwen's Redeemer.  I will add that this is also happening on other soulbound weapons.  Thanks!

So it has to be something other than just the destroy effect. Is the fix in line for the next patch just for the Redeemer, it is it also something that'll fix Stormcaller, etc.?

It is very definitely not just the Destroy Vessel effect. The Redeemer doesn't count any kills at all, regardless of whether they're done with ordinary hits, critical hits or the Destroy Vessel ability.

Hi Brandon,

It is very definitely not just the Destroy Vessel effect. The Redeemer doesn't count any kills at all, regardless of whether they're done with ordinary hits, critical hits or the Destroy Vessel ability.

That's weird. It counts them for me just fine.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/81638-201-stormcaller-and-nightshroud-kills-not-counting/

The issue of kills not counting for a variety of soul bound weapons, whether proc kills or not, on a variety of enemies was discussed I the above thread. Aarik D responded that it is being looked into, as some enemies seem to be missing necessary flags.

Hey!

I'm on GOG and have a 2.01 patch (77 MB) and White March 2.01 patch (175 MB) - what should I install? Both? Just the latter, since I have the expansion?

Halp, plx.

Don't know for certain but when I installed WM I had to install all patches that had not been installed (including two hot fixes) before WM would install.

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

Don't know for certain but when I installed WM I had to install all patches that had not been installed (including two hot fixes) before WM would install.

What do you mean by *had to* install? You got a popup message from the WM installer, that it will not run or something similar?

Before I got myself the expansion I already had all of the previous patches and hotfixes, but that was before WM showed up. Now there are two patches, and no instructions to them whatsoever.

EDIT: This just in: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/81755-gog-two-201-patches-which-to-use/

Hi there,

You will be fine with just downloading the White March patch if you own Part 1. The other patch is for people who did not buy the expansion.

Thanks for your support.

OK, now everythin is clear.

Edited by Messier-31

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

I heard that there was a bug in 2.00--once barbarian used Dragon's Leap, his carnage ability became automatically disabled, and wouldn't recover it even in next encounter. Can anyone confirm if this is still an issue in 2.01 version? Thanks a lot for barbarian is my favorite class :(

What do you mean by *had to* install? You got a popup message from the WM installer, that it will not run or something similar?

Before I got myself the expansion I already had all of the previous patches and hotfixes, but that was before WM showed up. Now there are two patches, and no instructions to them whatsoever.

EDIT: This just in: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/81755-gog-two-201-patches-which-to-use/

Hi there,

You will be fine with just downloading the White March patch if you own Part 1. The other patch is for people who did not buy the expansion.

Thanks for your support.

OK, now everythin is clear.

Yes I kept getting messages that my version was not compatible etc - could not install WM until I installed all the patches/hotfixes I had neglected to install previously.

I thought it was rather odd - my experience in the past (with BG for instance) was that each new patch/add-on already contained any prior patches thus it was only necessary to install the most current one. Perhaps the reason for it is because each platform (GOG/Steam) handles the patching process differently.

• Like 1

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

I thought it was rather odd - my experience in the past (with BG for instance) was that each new patch/add-on already contained any prior patches thus it was only necessary to install the most current one. Perhaps the reason for it is because each platform (GOG/Steam) handles the patching process differently.

Yes, and that's also why GOG's patches are really very small compared to their Steam counterparts. The first patch downloaded almost 2GB on Steam while it had 80MB on GOG - because the patch on GOG was simply a delta patch, something that used to be much more common. That is also why, years ago, sometimes patches came out specifically for updating one version to the next, or a much larger one that contained all prior updates - but that was way back in a time when bandwidth was an issue for everyone. Good old... times, and all.

• Like 4

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.