Update 2.01 is Now Live

My barbarian can't use frenzy anymore, loading times went through the roof with 2.0, no advantage in 2.01, game is broken for me. Pitty.

Pay attention to the bug forums.  I know it is not perfect but you CAN STILL USE Frenzy.  So go over there and check it out.

Have gun will travel.

My barbarian can't use frenzy anymore, loading times went through the roof with 2.0, no advantage in 2.01, game is broken for me. Pitty.

Pay attention to the bug forums.  I know it is not perfect but you CAN STILL USE Frenzy.  So go over there and check it out.

Pretty sure there's no work around for barbaric yell not working.

✔ Certified Bat Food

Pretty sure there's no work around for barbaric yell not working.

Ya I don't think so.  I know its been a BAD one for Barbarian.

Have gun will travel.

I'll pause the game and will return to it in some month or so when TWM Part 2 is released. Till then, I keep my hopes up, that those things wll be dealt with. I can live with some skills not working properly, but the loading times are to much for me. I work all day and when I have an hour or two in the evening to relax with PoE, I don't wanna sit half of the time in front of a loading screen.

Edited by Eisenheinrich
  • Like 2

I personally have never had this issue.  I have a solid state drive...maybe that's it?

I don't have the issue either - and I don't have a SSD.  In fact.... this is a 6+ year old machine with an antique NVIDIA gpu:

AMD Phenom II X7 945 @ 300 GHz

16 gb RAM

win 7 ult 64 bit

NVIDIA GTX 460 SE (1 gb ram maybe?  not sure now)

The only time I checked the FPS, it was in the neighborhood of 70.  I don't get slowdowns, spikes, or graphics anomalies.  Of course, I seem to be the only person who plays rift who doesn't have fps and graphics issues either.  *shrug*  I never have bugs in games.  I'm probably the only person in the world who played Undermountain unpatched and never had a problem.

So take it for what it's worth.  I'm going to have to buy a new machine this month (because this one's starting to make a lot of weird noises, and the last time I had one do that it went up in smoke shortly thereafter - literally - which does tend to get your attention....) and what I figure is that once I have a new "beast" machine, nothing will run as well as it does now.

I'll let you know if I'm wrong.

• Like 1

I suppose.... by dvd patches, you do NOT mean physical media for those of us with limited download bandwidth..... right?

What I mean are updates for those that are using the DVD versions of the game The updates are attained through our website here. Once the 2.01 update is finished it will be placed in this location.

Well, I tried to use the dvd version I bought from amazon, and had to install and patch through steam anyway - VERY annoying.  So now I'm micromanaging bandwidth.  Boxed versions and patches on physical media made my online life so much simpler.... but thanks for the answer.

Question about POE 2.01 & WM 2.01 - do I need to install both in sequence ie POE 2.01 & then WM 2.01 or just WM 2.01? I've got POE 2.0 & WM release installed in that order of a new game started under those but I've not got very far into this updated version yet

Question about POE 2.01 & WM 2.01 - do I need to install both in sequence ie POE 2.01 & then WM 2.01 or just WM 2.01? I've got POE 2.0 & WM release installed in that order of a new game started under those but I've not got very far into this updated version yet

I had PoE 1.06 whatever, and just installed WM 2.01 from steam.  Seems to be fine....  I didn't do anything "unusual"....

I had to install both of the patches on GoG (don't think it matters what order you do it in though). When I only had the WM patch installed, I had a weird graphical glitch that prevented environments in the game from rendering properly. Everything looked pink, purple, and all psychedlic-like

I had to install both of the patches on GoG (don't think it matters what order you do it in though). When I only had the WM patch installed, I had a weird graphical glitch that prevented environments in the game from rendering properly. Everything looked pink, purple, and all psychedlic-like

I've heard if you are on GOG and have WM it's important to install the 2.01 version FOR WM (located beneath it on the list) as opposed to the regular 2.01 located above it. I assume that is if you already have installed WM (before 2.01.)

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

I think I installed it on this computer as a new install in the following order - POE setup then all it's patches to 2.0 then WM set up & have played into a new game for a bit. So I assume I just need to do WM 2.01 & forgo the POE 2.01? What about future patches? Always take the WM patch over a POE patch?

Thanks

So, how do DVD backers get White March?

They are supposed to be working on that - same for patches altho they already have a download page for DVD patches but it only has 1.06 atm.

I suppose.... by dvd patches, you do NOT mean physical media for those of us with limited download bandwidth..... right?

What I mean are updates for those that are using the DVD versions of the game The updates are attained through our website here. Once the 2.01 update is finished it will be placed in this location.

Well, I tried to use the dvd version I bought from amazon, and had to install and patch through steam anyway - VERY annoying.  So now I'm micromanaging bandwidth.  Boxed versions and patches on physical media made my online life so much simpler.... but thanks for the answer.

The retail DVD was only a Steam installer (not something I would have done but I guess Obs/Paradox had their reasons) - the DVD patches on site are for the kickstarter DVD backers who got the full base-game on DVD.

So yeah, you're stuck with Steam :(

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

The retail DVD was only a Steam installer (not something I would have done but I guess Obs/Paradox had their reasons) - the DVD patches on site are for the kickstarter DVD backers who got the full base-game on DVD.

I wouldn't mind - except that I only get 12gig on a rolling 30 days (not related to my billing cycle - or any other "benchmark" so I don't really have much control).  This is becoming a huge problem for me.  I'm aware I'm part of a vanishingly small minority in the gaming world - someone who lives so far out that other than wild blue I have nothing except dialup.

Then again, I live somewhere with the cleanest air and water in this section of the country, my power bill is miniscule, and there's no crime.  *shrug*  Too bad that the phone company can't be bothered to upgrade our 50+ year old copper analog lines to fiber.... Not going to happen in what's left of my lifetime, for a hundred full time phones....

But since the one thing I call my hobby - playing CRPGs - is beginning to require a much more "modern" connection, it's probable that it won't be much longer before my hobby isn't available to me.  Sucks.... but it is what it is.  I still won't go back to wow - but I can play rift I guess.  I do very much enjoy this game, but if it gets to the point where patches, updates, expansions or whatever use too much bandwidth, I'll have to quit playing this sort of game.

*Nostalgia*  Used to be that SPMR games really were "machine resident".  Now.... not so much.

I wouldn't mind - except that I only get 12gig on a rolling 30 days (not related to my billing cycle - or any other "benchmark" so I don't really have much control).  This is becoming a huge problem for me.  I'm aware I'm part of a vanishingly small minority in the gaming world - someone who lives so far out that other than wild blue I have nothing except dialup.

Then again, I live somewhere with the cleanest air and water in this section of the country, my power bill is miniscule, and there's no crime.  *shrug*  Too bad that the phone company can't be bothered to upgrade our 50+ year old copper analog lines to fiber.... Not going to happen in what's left of my lifetime, for a hundred full time phones....

But since the one thing I call my hobby - playing CRPGs - is beginning to require a much more "modern" connection, it's probable that it won't be much longer before my hobby isn't available to me.  Sucks.... but it is what it is.  I still won't go back to wow - but I can play rift I guess.  I do very much enjoy this game, but if it gets to the point where patches, updates, expansions or whatever use too much bandwidth, I'll have to quit playing this sort of game.

*Nostalgia*  Used to be that SPMR games really were "machine resident".  Now.... not so much.

I had download troubles several years ago when it would have been a waste to pay for high volume internet because I was only home a few days a month - solved with a laptop I could take to a wifi source (Starbucks) where I would download what I needed then took it home and shared it with my desktop - laptops are pretty reasonable today - you might want to consider laptop plus road trip to get your downloads - :)

• Like 1

I feel your pain on the bandwidth. (I have GoG version and use a lap top)

I live in rural Thailand where I get high speed only for a limited total bandwidth and then get basically dial up speed for the rest of the month. The Thai internet provider just doesn't offer other packages or plans. There used to be a single phone line at a pay phone in the village but that has been abandoned due to the prevalence of cell phones which only require towers and not physical wire connections.

The worst is when the download glitches part way and you need to re-start from the beginning. The main 2.0 patch at 1.2 GB wouldn't complete, even when letting it chug along over night, so after five days of fail, I had to wait till the beginning of the month to get it which used up a fair bit of my bandwidth. Throw in two failed attempts on getting the White March and my bandwidth was gone for the month sometime around 1600 on the first day of the month :(

Luckily I go to Lao tomorrow so I'll have high speed at the hotel.

• Like 1

I had download troubles several years ago when it would have been a waste to pay for high volume internet because I was only home a few days a month - solved with a laptop I could take to a wifi source (Starbucks) where I would download what I needed then took it home and shared it with my desktop - laptops are pretty reasonable today - you might want to consider laptop plus road trip to get your downloads - :)

It's an 80 mile round trip to the nearest free wifi - and the options there aren't "fast".  There's one 'net cafe - but it's a hang-out for "the wrong element", and while you don't take your life in your hands in his shop, you MIGHT take your laptop's life in those hands.   I have a laptop, fairly new though not "hefty" enough to run games; tried to download ME 3 one day at the dentist's office, we were there a couple of hours, and of 3 gig or so, it had actually downloaded about 500 mb.  Really slow, and most of what's available (like at the bank, the car dealership) is just like that, and from the same provider (pretty much only one of them).  My wild blue is a LOT faster than that.

We used to take the trailer and go various places, RV parks have GREAT wifi generally, not to mention I could set it up to dl overnight, on someone ELSE'S bandwidth.  But husband's really not safe driving any more, and since he's really weird about ME doing the driving with the trailer (regardless that I'm better at it than he ever was!) I don't really have that option either.

However, just this morning, I discovered that I do have an option I wasn't aware of.  I called wild blue about something else, and while talking to the tech, he "reminded" me (when I was complaining a bit about limited bw) that I'd never used my "reset"....  Didn't know anything about it, apparently they "forgot" to tell me....  If I go over 80% of the allowable, I call them and they reset my limit to zero.  Which I can do twice a year....  Would have been REALLY nice if they'd told me!

• Like 1

It's an 80 mile round trip to the nearest free wifi - and the options there aren't "fast".  There's one 'net cafe - but it's a hang-out for "the wrong element", and while you don't take your life in your hands in his shop, you MIGHT take your laptop's life in those hands.   I have a laptop, fairly new though not "hefty" enough to run games; tried to download ME 3 one day at the dentist's office, we were there a couple of hours, and of 3 gig or so, it had actually downloaded about 500 mb.  Really slow, and most of what's available (like at the bank, the car dealership) is just like that, and from the same provider (pretty much only one of them).  My wild blue is a LOT faster than that.

We used to take the trailer and go various places, RV parks have GREAT wifi generally, not to mention I could set it up to dl overnight, on someone ELSE'S bandwidth.  But husband's really not safe driving any more, and since he's really weird about ME doing the driving with the trailer (regardless that I'm better at it than he ever was!) I don't really have that option either.

However, just this morning, I discovered that I do have an option I wasn't aware of.  I called wild blue about something else, and while talking to the tech, he "reminded" me (when I was complaining a bit about limited bw) that I'd never used my "reset"....  Didn't know anything about it, apparently they "forgot" to tell me....  If I go over 80% of the allowable, I call them and they reset my limit to zero.  Which I can do twice a year....  Would have been REALLY nice if they'd told me!

Another option is if you have/make a friend elsewhere who has a high DL speed - get them to DL something for you and put it on a USB in the post (you could post them one in advance).

(Not sure if that could work with Steam patches though - gog is simpler that way )

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Another option is if you have/make a friend elsewhere who has a high DL speed - get them to DL something for you and put it on a USB in the post (you could post them one in advance).

(Not sure if that could work with Steam patches though - gog is simpler that way )

My sister and I tried that one first.  Steam does make it impossible.  Since I had steam already, I opted for the steam version instead of gog - obviously the wrong move!  But now of course, I don't want to go back and have to re-download everything just to move to gog from steam.  I'll know for the next game I guess!  And thanks for the info, at least from your post it seems as if what I do with rift and did for years with wow - that is having family copy huge stuff to stick and ship to me - also would work with gog.  I can probably get my daughter or sister to get gog downloads for me in future with other games.

I appreciate the help!

• Like 1