Be honest - Who isn't getting the expansion? (yet)

Hello.

I haven't made up my mind yet. I have a compressed savegame with all the savegames at the end of PoE. I hope I won't have to start from scratch if I eventually buy myself the white march Part 1. I also hope theres is no issue if I start it with the level my party was when it reached the endgame.

Now, don't misunderstand me. PoE is a fine game but for some odd reason (I was a backer) I didn't enjoy it as much as older IE games. I absolutely love Turn based combat. Nowadays, playing any RPG without TBC is a major letdown for me. I could't explain it or put my finger on it.

And now I am waiting for Fallout 4 and even more Divinity OS 2 (yes, I had a hell of a good time with D:OS).

Comments are welcome.

I finished back in june and just now ready for a new playthrough again and will probably be around December again. So for me the releases of the expansions are pretty perfect. Coinciding with me starting new games.

But, yeah no hurry - buy when you want.

Fortune favors the bald.

Not getting it yet, for two reasons:

For one, I am a bit worried that it's main focus is combat (being IWD themed), and I am playing more for the story and the general feeling. However, I didn't have a chance to check out any in-depth reviews yet, so the worry might be completely unfounded.

The main reason why I am not getting it yet is that there isn't a physical release. I bought a boxed copy of the main game, and I'd like to have boxed copy of the expansion too (even if it is just like the Skyrim DLC, a DVD case with a Steam code inside). With the expansion split into two parts, I guess there's a bigger chance for a physical release once Part II is complete. So I'll be waiting for that.

Maybe it's just me but I'm enjoying the extension areas more than the base game's. 

Although this is also partly due to 2.0, and the fact that I started the game with a much better character build.

Edited by Quantics

I finished POE twice and gonna hold off until part 2 is released and patched. Any rough ETA?

So yeah, I'd rather wait for the complete experience. You know, the one without bugs and when attributes, skills, spells etc are (more or less) finalized.

EDIT: I almost forgot. Most importantly I'm curious how/if they are eventually gonna address the additional XP gain through the expansions(s). I'm in no mood to steamroll with an over-leveled party through the original content, just because I'd like to take the new NPCs with me as early as possible.

Edited by mungomunk

EDIT: I almost forgot. Most importantly I'm curious how/if they are eventually gonna address the additional XP gain through the expansions(s). I'm in no mood to steamroll with an over-leveled party through the original content, just because I'd like to take the new NPCs with me as early as possible.

Well to be fair (and without too many spoilers) , it's possible to get at least one of the two new companions without doing any quest or fighting. 

The other one is trickier, and you'll have to fight your way to find them.

Mild spoiler below:

To give you an idea I got this companion at LVL 6. I knew where to find them so went straight to them. I didn't complete any quest in doing so (therefore did not gain much XP in the process).

I will probably get it after part 2 comes out.

From the tweet someone posted its most likely the last DLC before PoE2 hopefully is announced and from what I read Josh said that he will add more content to the keep so I'll just wait for that to do a full new playthrough.

I finished POE twice and gonna hold off until part 2 is released and patched. Any rough ETA?

I read december somewhere, but can't find it or any credible source. But I'd still be willing to wager its around that time, or early 2016.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

I'm not.... for one thing, I have to micromanage my downloads because my bandwidth is severely limited; and for another thing, I'm still trying out race/class combos to see what I like best (so far it looks like either an orlan or elf ranger).

Maybe I'll wait until part 2 or something....

I ended up getting both.  The reason, I've yet to actually truly play. Once upon a time I pre-ordered.  Then got into Divinity Original Sin.  Then it came out with lots of bugs.  Then summer came and 2.0 and the expansion were announced.  Well fall is coming soon so I will finally play with a more complete version lol.

I almost forgot. Most importantly I'm curious how/if they are eventually gonna address the additional XP gain through the expansions(s). I'm in no mood to steamroll with an over-leveled party through the original content, just because I'd like to take the new NPCs with me as early as possible.

Right now, IT IS a problem. You either do the main content and then go to the white march, it's going to be too easy if you're level 12 for sure (save for the high level zone obviously). Or you can go to the white march at intended level (around 7 i'd say), you're going to have a blast but then you WILL utterly steamroll what's left of the main game content which wasnt really hard to begin with.

I think that's the main concern with this expansion, and there's no way around it until they nerf xp gain or you intentionnaly skip quite a few optionnal quests.