Retraining Wizards

I experimented with retraining my Wizard main, I wanted to try the new sneak attack perk (talent) to mix DPS with CC - Slicken then Fireball, for example, and to find out if it increased the DoT from Chill Fog, or just the damage to critters in chill fog.

I lost all of my spells!  I had almost all level 1, 2, and 3; now I have 5/3/3 of each.  Thousands of copper down the drain, thousands more to transcribe them from grimores I can no longer use.

Is this WAD?  Am I missing something?

It is working as intended, but the devs made a terrible mistake in intending it.  Losing the spells you choose while leveling up is one thing, but erasing the ones you earn through adventuring/scribing makes no sense at all.  They should either leave the spellbook untouched or else reimburse the copper for the spells you earned through adventuring.  (Which is very possible to do -- because the devs know exactly how many spells you received through leveling up even if the game didn't track exactly which ones you picked, you could receive copper for each spell over that amount.)

Yeah, this is pretty annoying. I made a thread about this a couple of days ago... actually it had the same title... right down to the capitalization.

Weird.

Personally, when I retrained earlier using IE Mod, I just used the GivePlayerMoney command and compensated myself for the lost coppers. But even if you do this, you have to get a bunch of spellbooks together and put all your spells into them first. It's a chore.

I'm one of those people who hunts down every spell he can get lol

Edited by Springwight
  • Like 1

There are lot of bugs and oddities in the retraining to this day. Actually there are still quite a few bugs left in this game in general.

Your issue has been around since day 1 when I retrained using console commands.

Also, I retrained my ranger today and it gave my bear companion skills to my ranger and gave me bonding grief even though the bear was alive and well...

And another bug, I retrained my fighter yesterday and now he has a permanent -20 concentration in his ability list.

Yeah, this is pretty annoying. I made a thread about this a couple of days ago... actually it had the same title... right down to the capitalization.

Weird.

Found you on page 6, didn't go back that far when I wrote this

I'm not really keen on remaking stats when I retrain, if I wanted that I would start over.  Wish there was a way to just reallocate talents.