Too much crowd control!

I love Pillars. Combat is extremely fun. I live for those "oh sh!t" moments when an army of vicious snarling monsters descends on my party and I know that an epic battle is about to go down.

But all this CC added in White March...sheesh.

It's not very fun when most of my party is stunlocked and mind controlled. With no way to prevent it.

Am I missing something? How do you guys keep the fampyrs from spamming MC? Or the phantoms/spirits from stunlocking everyone? Can I get some tactical advice?

EDIT: Problem solved. Use the Level 2 Priest spell "Suppress Affliction." It cures MC/Stuns and confers immunity to them.

Edited by Hebruixe

Try using the spell Suppress Afflictions.

Suppress Affliction is just overpowered. It's not overpowered for a 2nd level spell, it's overpowered at any level whatsoever. If enemies used this spell, crowd control would be almost useless, except for durable AoE effects. 

Not that I'm saying you shouldn't use it, just making an observation :p

You can use Prayer against X as well, or just keep them as far away from your party as possible, or you can hit them before they hit you. Generally, a mix of all of these and Suppress Affliction in a pinch, works best. 

• Like 2

Try using the spell Suppress Afflictions.

Suppress Affliction is just overpowered. It's not overpowered for a 2nd level spell, it's overpowered at any level whatsoever. If enemies used this spell, crowd control would be almost useless, except for durable AoE effects. 

Not that I'm saying you shouldn't use it, just making an observation :p

You can use Prayer against X as well, or just keep them as far away from your party as possible, or you can hit them before they hit you. Generally, a mix of all of these and Suppress Affliction in a pinch, works best. 

I'll try that out! Thanks for the tips.

Proper CC/counter spelling should have been in from the get go(alaBG2)...this game really suffers from the lack of it.

D:OS(and 2) takes it to an even cooler level like they could freeze your hero but then you could use fire on your frozen guy to unfreeze him...stuff like that is much better than this +15 to w/e very specific ailment and -50% duration(but they spam it anyway so durr).

• Like 4

in the old IE games, specifically BG2, i always had to react to effects, because an effected char meant he's out of the fight. While it's good that enemy ai has improved and makes use of their abilities, if you can wait out the effect or have a universal counter then that kills a part of the reactivity / tactical component that IE games had. I remeber in BG2 was a party 'disable magic effects' but that cancelled also good effects the party had on them, and it was limited use, so you had to have counterspells like free action vs hold and if you hadn't have that you had to think of something else to do.

Proper CC/counter spelling should have been in from the get go(alaBG2)...this game really suffers from the lack of it.

D:OS(and 2) takes it to an even cooler level like they could freeze your hero but then you could use fire on your frozen guy to unfreeze him...stuff like that is much better than this +15 to w/e very specific ailment and -50% duration(but they spam it anyway so durr).

I disagree strenuously. There was nothing worse than having to cast 5 different dispel abilities before your physical characters could even function in a fight X_X

Suppress Afflictions works beautifully. I never paid attention to it until now. It's the perfect counter to MC and stunlocking. Thank you very much for bringing this spell to my attention!!

Happy to help!

• Like 3