2.0 patch or The White Match made load times and save times MUCH longer

SparocheeDoom

Question

My specs, 3770K @ 4.8Ghz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980, 256GB SSD, Windows 10 were enough to run the 1.6 version of the game quite fast. It was installed on SSD, just like it is now, and load/save times were quick. After 2.0 patch and The White March installation, load times increased greatly and so did save times. Is it just me or does everyone else get this effect?

7 answers to this question

Hello everyone,

The problem has been fixed and applied to the 2.0.1 beta patch. If you would like to test out the beta patch to see if the issue is resolved, please click on this link.

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/81615-update-201-beta-is-on-steam/

Thank you for your support!

Hello, I tried the beta and the problem persist. In my case, the problem started the day 31 with the problem in load times.

Hello everyone,

The problem has been fixed and applied to the 2.0.1 beta patch. If you would like to test out the beta patch to see if the issue is resolved, please click on this link.

Hello, I tried the beta and the problem persist. In my case, the problem started the day 31 with the problem in load times.

As far as I can tell, it's got more to do with how many saves you have for that character. The less saves, the faster loading/saving is.

Hello everyone,

As far as I can tell, it's got more to do with how many saves you have for that character. The less saves, the faster loading/saving is.

Yes, I noticed the save/load time has increased a lot since I upgraded and installed the dlc too.

So would deleting old save files decrease the loading and saving time?  Think I'll give that a try later.

System:

i7 4790K, 32GB memory, GTX 750, 512GB SSD, Windows 7 Ultimate

Edited by Acision

It can definitely help. But don't delete your old save. Just move them to a different folder onto your desktop or somewhere you can fine them conveniently. You may want to go back on your old saves at one point. 

Usually I just archive them into one compressed file (ie 7z, rar, zip) and then delete the save files afterwards, that way I save space as those files take up quite a bit of space when you have many saves.