[2.01] Stormcaller and Nightshroud kills not counting

Carlos Augusto Schlyter

Question

13 answers to this question

Hello,

I could get Nightshroud to count 16/65 and Stormcaller to 9/25. The thing is I killed lots of enemies and tested kills with only the character with the weapon hitting the enemy without it counting, it seems that some kills just don't count.

The save game and output are here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k9sbt5d5vuoljdl/AAD5lVpjxXjZmYn4a9KIz8yja?dl=0

Also in this same save I found that the spiders in Caed Nua level 12 were not counting kills however the Animats / Adra Animats in level 13 all counted the kills normally. And the assassins from random encounters during the night in Defiance Bay did no count kills too. Maybe it's something to do with the type of the enemies.

Hello again Carlos,

I took a look at your saves and I was able to get the counters to go up. In order to get the kill count up, that character has to get the killing blow with that weapon. If anyone else in your party gets the kill, it will not count. Also if you use spells, that will not count as a kill as well. 

Thank you for your support! 

Also in this same save I found that the spiders in Caed Nua level 12 were not counting kills however the Animats / Adra Animats in level 13 all counted the kills normally. And the assassins from random encounters during the night in Defiance Bay did no count kills too. Maybe it's something to do with the type of the enemies.

I think this is exaclty right. I was killing Skaen cultists that didn't count - but the boss battle with the head cultist counted.

I've had the same problem with kills not counting, for Stormcaller, St. Ydwen's Redeemer, and the Greenstone Staff.  Going through Raedric's Hold, human kills seem to count for the generic enemies counter, but other monsters and creatures do not.  St. Ydwen's Redeemer also is not registering normal OR proc kills on vessels - it is stuck at 6, even though I've let my wielder fight through plenty of guls and revenants alone and kept track to make sure that she's been getting normal weapon kills.

Hello everyone, 

After doing some digging, we found that specific creatures/enemy units are not granting a kill count for the soulbound weapons. We have a bug entered into the database and is currently being investigated. 

Thank you for your support.

Confirming the problem also happens with the soulbound staff.

Construct kills in Galvino's house do not count.

A further problem with these two items:

The requirements stated in the description of the the weapons advances without having been met when the character that wears the item is parked at Caed Nua and then added again to the party. The weapon does not become stronger.

Eg, I had Kana with Stormcaller with the requirement being to kill 5 druids or 25 enemies. I replace him with another NPC at Caed Nua and then have him join the party again. Now the requirement says to rest in a Storm Dragon's lair, but the weapon didn't become stronger.

The exact same thing happens with Nightshroud, the requirement jumped form having to kill 25 enemies or 10 humans to the last requirement .

A further problem with these two items:

The requirements stated in the description of the the weapons advances without having been met when the character that wears the item is parked at Caed Nua and then added again to the party. The weapon does not become stronger.

Eg, I had Kana with Stormcaller with the requirement being to kill 5 druids or 25 enemies. I replace him with another NPC at Caed Nua and then have him join the party again. Now the requirement says to rest in a Storm Dragon's lair, but the weapon didn't become stronger.

The exact same thing happens with Nightshroud, the requirement jumped form having to kill 25 enemies or 10 humans to the last requirement .

Hello Cottonmouth,

Could you please upload a save file and an output log via dropbox before you swapped out Kana? 

Thanks!