Characters with more skill points from auto-levelup? (Eder)

Hi, I just noticed that if I auto-level Eder to 3, he gets two skills (weapon focus and the recovery one), but if I level him manually I only get one skill point. What's going on here? Do some characters legitimately get more skill points from auto-leveling, or is there some gameplay mechanic at work that I'm not aware of? Do similar things happen to other characters? Thanks.

• Like 1

Hi, I just noticed that if I auto-level Eder to 3, he gets two skills (weapon focus and the recovery one), but if I level him manually I only get one skill point. What's going on here? Do some characters legitimately get more skill points from auto-leveling, or is there some gameplay mechanic at work that I'm not aware of? Do similar things happen to other characters? Thanks.

isnt that normal tho? weapon focus is a neutral ability so he picks it at lv2 and gets recovery at lv 3 

Edit: nvm forgot rapid recovery isnt a talent in that case its indeed odd but hes not really getting more out of it its still a 1for 1 trade or does he pick up a talent too?

Edited by Animaillusionaria

isnt that normal tho? weapon focus is a neutral ability so he picks it at lv2 and gets recovery at lv 3 

Edit: nvm forgot rapid recovery isnt a talent in that case its indeed odd but hes not really getting more out of it its still a 1for 1 trade or does he pick up a talent too?

If you level manually you get one skill point and a talent. Auto-leveled he gets two skill points and a talent. I'm really just curious if this is a bug or if it's intentional, and if it occurs with other characters or even again with Eder at a later level.

It's not a bug, it's a feature. ;) I think Eder was the only one with an extra skill. It's funny because you normally want to pick up your companions as soon as possible to have better control over their skillset, but Eder benefitted from waiting until level 3 thanks to that extra point.