Concelhaut's Door Issue

Dill Pickle

Question

I am having some issues with getting Concelhaut's Door open.   I have cleared the dungeon (with the exception of Uariki) and obtained all the notes.  Once I spoke with Uariki to obtain the final note, the Journal did not update.  When I checked my stash, I noticed that Uariki's note was not there.  Additionally, as I defeated the other wizards, they dropped notes however some never appeared in my stash.  

I have rerun this dungeon several times with no results to include defeating all the wizards and picking up their notes...

Thanks in advance for your help.

Saved Game File (Dropbox): link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/azu0ce9c8ldw63y/41e5fd38f30841b0829a4c35e97ddaa0%2024585639%20Crgholdt.zip?dl=0

15 answers to this question

Hello, Dill Pickle.  There is one more note in your inventory that you must read.  It is 'Pelden's Note.'  After reading that your Quest is updated and you are given another dialogue option when talking to the door.  Thanks!

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

Hello again.  Yes, that is correct.  I read all 4 of them just to be safe with the game that you uploaded and everything worked fine.  Perhaps there is something else amiss with your system.  Please verify the integrity of your files and then check back in with me.  Thanks for the support!

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

Hello again.  Yes, that is correct.  I read all 4 of them just to be safe with the game that you uploaded and everything worked fine.  Perhaps there is something else amiss with your system.  Please verify the integrity of your files and then check back in with me.  Thanks for the support!

What does 'verify the integrity of your files' mean?

Hey Zukoterrible,

Verifying your integrity of your files means running a prompt through steam that will scan through your game files and make sure to fix any errors that occur. To do that, you can just go to your Steam library, right click any title > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache. 

It makes sure that your game is properly installed and there aren't any corrupted files or missing ones.

Hope that helps!

Greetings everybody,
I am sorry to necropost in this thread, but as a matter of fact I have the same issue and all googling did not help.

My problems started with another journal bug namely that the journal was completely empty (as described e.g. here and probably here), but reinstalling the game seemed to have solved the issue. The journal was there again.

But during the Siege of Crägholdt the journal stops updating after having read the first piece of paper and having the prompt to acquire the other keys from the other apprentices.

I killed the apprentices several times by now, read each key carefully, tried to solve the issue with Uariki peacefully and by killing her, but whatever I tried, the quest update would not come, and the quest would not finish. Even after killing Concelhaut it stayed the same. I fear that my save game is bonked because of the bug I mentioned earlier.

My version of the game is v3.031047 PX1 PX2

I do not own this game from Steam but from GOG so I cannot verify the game cache. I used the "Verify/Repair" option from GOG Galaxy though to no avail.

Under this link you can find my savegames in Crägholdt right before the bug occurs. Funnily enough the journal updates up to his specific point and then stops.

Save 1

Save 2

Save 3

Thanks in advance.

Deemie,

Raziel raised the question of where the notes were - as some notes appear in one section of the inventory, and other notes - for some strange reason, in a different section of the inventory. As I just did this quest today, and going through a list of possible things to try. Hope you don't mind me, a fellow PoE fan, helping you out in attempting to solve this bug! 

Best,

Ilya

Edited by IlyaP

Has there been any updates on this? I'm just now playing this game, and I can't get past Concelhaut's Door.

I have found two sets of notes. Each set is missing one person:

Notes that appear in the Quest tab

Uariki's Note

Sabel's Note

Tanoss' Note

Notes that appear in the Inventory tab

Uariki's Research Notes

Sabel's Research Notes

Peldon's Research Notes

I have killed everyone, and I looted everything in every one of the 4 rooms and all the bodies. There are no other notes. I right-clicked on all 6 notes. I also did that verification process mentioned in a previous note, and Steam says everything is fine. Is there no patch for this?

I've solved this problem!

There are a set of 4 notes and a set of 4 research notes, but only the "notes" are important. Disregard the research notes.

After you kill everyone (or spare Uariki...that part doesn't matter), and take the notes off their bodies, only 3 notes show in the quest tab of your inventory. Pelden's note is missing.  You will see it on his body, but it won't transfer to your inventory.

So after you kill Pelden, read his note (right click on it) BEFORE adding it to your inventory. It will then disappear, but that doesn't matter!

For those of you who haven't found it yet, and didn't have a previous save like me (or at least a close previous save), I was going nuts trying to find out what to do. I had all the notes in my inventory, but the option wasn't appearing. Then, I did this:

Go into your stash and click the crown to look at quest notes.

Read all the notes. As you read them, make sure to SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM. That was the big mistake I wasn't making. Also, make sure they are the quest notes, not the research lab notes, as stated above. 

Hope that helps somebody.