Update 2.01 Beta is on Steam

We found an issue with interrupts granting spell casts to spellcasters if they were in the middle of casting a spell. We will put another beta out once we fix the problem. Will probably be tomorrow's build.

Indeed. Kudos for the great work, Obs!

• Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Thank you for the quick fixes!

We found an issue with interrupts granting spell casts to spellcasters if they were in the middle of casting a spell. We will put another beta out once we fix the problem. Will probably be tomorrow's build.

Is this an issue already in 2.0 or is it introduced through 2.01 beta?

The stash items (weapons that were equipped by the enemy that were looted directly into the stash) can't be recovered.

Even though this is little solace for those that lost some weapons, none of the really important weapons in the expansion were equipped by the enemies. They were all placed in the world and should have been unaffected. 

• Like 1

A new beta build has been added to the beta branch. The latest build should be 2.01.721. The only change was a fix to a bug which was introduced into 2.01 that was causing spellcasters to get extra casts of a spell if they were interrupted while casting it.

• Like 2

A new beta build has been added to the beta branch. The latest build should be 2.01.721. The only change was a fix to a bug which was introduced into 2.01 that was causing spellcasters to get extra casts of a spell if they were interrupted while casting it.

If that's the only thing you fixed, why is it 1.1 GBs large?

If that's the only thing you fixed, why is it 1.1 GBs large?

Steam doesn't have the best diffing ability when creating patches. Because new builds rebuild all of our data (even if it isn't being changed) I think it can cause problems in Steam. You will notice that other platforms (Origin and GOG) have patches that are much smaller because they have a better patch creation process.

• Like 2

Steam doesn't have the best diffing ability when creating patches. Because new builds rebuild all of our data (even if it isn't being changed) I think it can cause problems in Steam. You will notice that other platforms (Origin and GOG) have patches that are much smaller because they have a better patch creation process.

Ah I've always suspected that GOG patchers must be doing some serious diffing, because the patches are so tiny but they take ages to apply.

Ah I've always suspected that GOG patchers must be doing some serious diffing, because the patches are so tiny but they take ages to apply.

Unless you use Galaxy... White March part 1 was a 5 GB download, not including the 2.0 patch.