OK, I'm new to the game, so have mercy. ;)

I'm playing a rogue and have acquired a few traps I want to use in Readric's Hold.

Could it be that I can only set ONE trap at a time?

I'm aksing becauses once I set a second one the first one's red circle vanishes.

Yes, this is a deliberate design decision, ostensibly for balance reasons.  If a cap were needed, it seems like 6 per party might be a more reasonable approach than 1 per character so as not to overly punish solo parties, but that's not what the devs decided to do.

Also note that certain spells count as traps and are subject to the 1-per-character limit.

Yes, this is a deliberate design decision, ostensibly for balance reasons.  If a cap were needed, it seems like 6 per party might be a more reasonable approach than 1 per character so as not to overly punish solo parties, but that's not what the devs decided to do.

Also note that certain spells count as traps and are subject to the 1-per-character limit.

I think if you could set six traps on a solo game, traps would become too powerful again even though they were nerfed. Soloing is supposed to be hard, where every little thing can easily make the difference between life and death. People have argued that soloing sometimes depends on scrolls and figurines more than the class, and letting you set six traps solo would further reduce your class's relative impact on your success.

Also, are you sure that seal spells still count toward the limit? Because they did get changed to function like hazard effects instead of traps, meaning Mechanics no longer affects their accuracy. Maybe they still count toward the trap limit though, I'm just not sure.

BTW, I do think that, despite the nerf, traps are still fun and sometimes useful if they are well placed, e.g. right on the corner which the enemy will round if you position your party against a wall out of line of sight, set a trap, unstealth, and make your trap-setter run back and wait for the enemy.

Edited by Nobear

yeah u can only use 1 trap per charachter; which means if u have a party of 6 u can set 6 traps, but if u are playing solo u can only set 1.

I'm not even sure about that. Granted, I didn't try it with one of the later patches, but in my previous games I could only set one trap, period. Not per character. If another companion set one, it cancelled out the previous one.

Edited by abaris

yeah u can only use 1 trap per charachter; which means if u have a party of 6 u can set 6 traps, but if u are playing solo u can only set 1.

I'm not even sure about that. Granted, I didn't try it with one of the later patches, but in my previous games I could only set one trap, period. Not per character. If another companion set one, it cancelled out the previous one.

As i recall at some point i had like 6 traps set (all my characters had points in mechanics) and was running the 1.0.6.0617 version on steam.

Edited by BicycleRepairMan