About the White March soundtrack (Justin? Brandon?)

I can listen to music from all Obsidian's games over and over again. The one in Pillars is great, both uniqe and familiar, very nostalgic. Few themes sound similar to Michael Hoenig's music from Baldur's Gate 1&2, other reminds me of Jeremy Soule's Neverwinter Nights and a lot of tracks have original style. I can find a lot of peaceful moments in ambients while exploring a wilderness or such quite mysterious themes during interactive textbased cutscenes. My favourite track is probably "Ondra's Gift" - it's peaceful but it has some grim vibe and tension is slowly rising near the end. It's excellent theme for conversations with Lady Webb.

Also I would like to know who is the singer from Gref's Rest. This song did great job in trailer of the expansion and ofcourse in the game. The second part of White March was momentary very romantic.

• Like 1

giphy.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, is there any way to buy White March 1/2 soundtrack?

Maybe it is not a big support for you but still, music in Pillars is charming and it's a shame that it can't be bought legally. I am really curious why.

Hi Orikus!  The fact that you've taken the time to post your appreciation for Pillars on our forum is a huge sign of support to us.  We really appreciate that.

I've inquired about making the White March soundtrack available before, I can ask again.  I can't make any promises but I'll try!

• Like 3

I shall join the fight for a official pillars white March soundtrack.

There shall be pillartarian uprising. A revolution, at which's end the means of listening shall be distributed equally amongst the pillartarians.

• Like 1

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

... And Tyranny. And throw it all up on Spotify. Justin also did soundtrack for Tyranny, right? It's excellent.

Yes I did!  Not sure what Paradox's plans are for streaming the soundtrack are, but that decision is entirely in their hands.  I can ask for you tough if you'd like.

• Like 3

There shall be pillartarian uprising. A revolution, at which's end the means of listening shall be distributed equally amongst the pillartarians.

And there shall be many soundtracks to stream and purchase!

Yes I did!  Not sure what Paradox's plans are for streaming the soundtrack are, but that decision is entirely in their hands.  I can ask for you tough if you'd like.

Of course I would, it'd be amazing to have the OST in my usual playlists as opposed to having to switch to other players. If you need some form of leverage, I can equip you with a brick and 4 aggressive rats to threaten Paradox with. (<- see my avatar for details, they're all as bloodthirsty and vicious.) Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 1

Ah, yes: the Tyranny soundtrack is absolutely fantastic!

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Of course I would, it'd be amazing to have the OST in my usual playlists as opposed to having to switch to other players. If you need some form of leverage, I can equip you with a brick and 4 aggressive rats to threaten Paradox with. ( 

I appreciate your offer, though vicious rats won't be necessary in this case.  Perhaps a rain check?

We've sent an email to Paradox to see if they have any plans.  No promises, but it can't hurt to ask.

And there shall be many soundtracks to stream and purchase!
A spectre is haunting the white March... The spectre of commusicism. Edited by Ben No.3
  • Like 1

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

I appreciate your offer, though vicious rats won't be necessary in this case.  Perhaps a rain check?

Any time you want Fatty, Clunky, Speedy and Tiny to help you intimidate someone, you just have to ask.

We've sent an email to Paradox to see if they have any plans.  No promises, but it can't hurt to ask.

Thank you, asking is way above and beyond your call of duty already, so I really appreciate it.
  • Like 1

Great work on the PoE soundtrack. There are some tracks in the base game and the Stalwart theme in TWM that are just SO good!

The Stalwart theme is my favourite music in the game. It's so good that sometimes I stop playing when I'm there and just go do something else while I listen to it. :)

Edited by InsaneCommander
  • Like 2

sign.jpg

Great work on the PoE soundtrack. There are some tracks in the base game and the Stalwart theme in TWM that are just SO good!

The Stalwart theme is my favourite music in the game. It's so good that sometimes I stop playing when I'm there and just go do something else while I listen to it. :)

Thank you!!!

P.S We sent an email to Paradox.  They're going to look into it. 

EDIT: Grammar....

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Got to the bit where you turn on the white forge again, and I remembered this post

Thanks durbal and Quantics for that!  durbal, I'm glad to hear you liked the chant, there was some debate about it in the office but my instincts told me it was the right thing.

I have to say the chant 100% the right call and really adds to the moment.

• Like 1

Got to the bit where you turn on the white forge again, and I remembered this post

Thanks durbal and Quantics for that!  durbal, I'm glad to hear you liked the chant, there was some debate about it in the office but my instincts told me it was the right thing.

I have to say the chant 100% the right call and really adds to the moment.

Thank you!

• 1 month later...

I am really happy to join the others in saying you've done a majestic job in fetching both the OSTs, wonderful indeed.

Since i missed the opportunity to have White March OST with the current Fig campaign for PoE II, i hope it will soon be available to buy in a manner or the other, it's a bit odd that as a backer of the first game + exp, i could not have access to it :/

Of course, it's not your fault, so i really thank you for your efforts.

Edited by YaK
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I found that White March soundtrack is add-on for Pillars 2 but it confuses me a little.

Description to Ultimate Digital Edition says it contains White March soundtrack but it doesn't listed in the list section below.

• Like 1

I am really happy to joins the others in saying you've done a majestic job in fetching both the OST, wonderful indeed.

Since i missed the opportunity to have White March OST with the current Fig campaign for PoE II, i hope it will soon available to buy in a manner or the other, it's a bit odd that as a backer of the first game + exp, i could not have access to it :/

Thanks for your kind words and for your support!  We're discussing the future of the WM soundtrack.  No promises, but I hope to have some news to share in a couple of months.  It takes time to coordinate those things, thanks for being patient!

I found that White March soundtrack is add-on for Pillars 2 but it confuses me a little.

Description to Ultimate Digital Edition says it contains White March soundtrack but it doesn't listed in the list section below.

Apologies for the confusion, I must admit it IS a little confusing! The Ultimate Edition comes with all music in the soundtrack bundled with PoE1. That version was a small sample of the entire score for Pillars.  The Ultimate Edition comes with: 

• All of the music from Pillars 1, about 69 tracks totaling 2 hours of music
  • All of the music from the White March 1 and 2, which is about 11 tracks totaling 30 minutes of music
  • Like 1

I am really happy to joins the others in saying you've done a majestic job in fetching both the OST, wonderful indeed.

Since i missed the opportunity to have White March OST with the current Fig campaign for PoE II, i hope it will soon available to buy in a manner or the other, it's a bit odd that as a backer of the first game + exp, i could not have access to it :/

Thanks for your kind words and for your support!  We're discussing the future of the WM soundtrack.  No promises, but I hope to have some news to share in a couple of months.  It takes time to coordinate those things, thanks for being patient!

Apologies for the confusion, I must admit it IS a little confusing! The Ultimate Edition comes with all music in the soundtrack bundled with PoE1. That version was a small sample of the entire score for Pillars.  The Ultimate Edition comes with: 

• All of the music from Pillars 1, about 69 tracks totaling 2 hours of music
  • All of the music from the White March 1 and 2, which is about 11 tracks totaling 30 minutes of music

Really looking forward to get the full soundtrack then,I already wanted to get the White March OST,but didn't think there were so many tracks missing in the base game's soundtrack we got!

But I'm still a bit confused about when we can expect to put our hands on this as one of the many rewards of last campaign. It seems to me that when you talk about "the future of the WM Soundtrack" and the news to share in a couple of months, you talk about some potential commercial release,etc... ? So what about the upload on the backer portal as a reward,which is a thing meant to come,has it happened? Maybe my account is just kind of bugged,so I'd be happy to know as soon as possible,even if I eventually started to listen to the missing tracks on soundcloud :)

• 5 weeks later...

In the End, i bought again the ADDON for Pillars II to have the "PoE Deluxe Orginal Soundtrack" (53 tracks), no matter i already had the "Original Soundtrack" (26 track).

Now it comes to my hears there was the ULTIMATE soundtrack with more music?

OH, COME ON! Why all this mess and confusion? That's a bit... depressing.

Also, is it possible to have a proper track list of the Deluxe OST? It's unproperly tagged (many tag are just cut or not completed).