Cleared Durgan's Battery, re-entered, and it now appears uncleared.

khango

Question

I can try to compile a set of saves tomorrow and attach if it's not been reported (didn't see it in the first 4 pages of TS).

Basically, finished Battery, activated forge, left, got the narrated story overlay, listened/read, and then climbed down the tower and went to the front entrance and tried to go in (to see if there were people inside cleaning it up or whatnot), got dialog asking what level to go to, went to ground level (first floor) and had it load the original floor 1 map with complete fog and everything exactly the same as when my party first entered including spirits, monsters, etc. Didn't go further, but it looks like clearing it reset it to it's original state on the inside?

• Like 1

15 answers to this question

Hello, khango.  I haven't seen other reports nor have I seen it in our database.  I will see what I can do about reproducing it while waiting for you to upload files.  Thanks for your support and patience during this issue.

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

Here's a link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2maXBj7Qf1oSzc0SzRDQkRyVDA

It's a tar.gz that should have four saves in it:

1. By the forge after activating it.

2. After leaving the forge.

3. By the front entrance again.

4. After going inside again. -- Note the interior is reset to the original condition, not changed for completing the quest or even just explored or anything. Same items present again, ghosts, etc.

Notes:

I've only run into this re-entering the first floor from the front (haven't tried other floors from the front). Re-entering the forge itself before crossing the gap seems to work fine.

I enabled "cheats" to give my party back St. Ydwen's Redeemer after it disapeared from my inventory earlier in the playthrough. For this playthrough I also had similar "missing items" for the sword you should get from Raedric (not sure if he dropped it and I didn't get to loot before Kolsc entered and loot piles went away, or if Kolsc gave it to me and then it disapeared) and for the Leaden Key Mask you should find on the Corpse in the sewers - the corpse isn't lootable, so either the mask disapeared or there was some other bug that made it so I couldn't loot the corpse (maybe fringe possible I sold it by accident, I suppose). (I ended up getting the mask from the Trainee.)

This save shold also exhibit the "peacefully resolved Ogre situation, but various parties of Ogres are hostile" bug. The party by the cave entrance/exit should still be there, and I think there are also hostile Ogres in the mine section of the lower level of the Cave in Russetwood.

(I think the way the Ogre quest was set up there was confusing --- I wasn't clear on which clan I was encountering and killed a lot of Ogres before finding my way to the Priestess/Seer/Queen's room where things were resolved peacefully but the conversation tree terminated somewhat abruptly. It does seem like you could sneak to the lower level, kill the fish people to get a key, sneak back up, and then go in the door, and never fight, but it's really unclear to me how anyone playing through for the first time would have a clue to even try that.)

Anyway, you can see in the quest log the quest is "completed."

And lastly, I think this is known, but not sure if Oidhreacht/Gaun's Share are working correctly.

Edited by khango

I have this same bug. Under the same circumstance, I finished the white forge quest, went outside via the jump path to the watch tower, got the narrator screen, then went back in to see if it had changed. Now it has reset and is fully lootable again. I didn't do a full clear to see if you can do the quest again or not. Here is my saved game https://www.dropbox.com/s/tkocfc9r1cegq8n/Pillars%20of%20Eternity.zip?dl=0

Hey guys,

I see the issues in you save files, but this is the first time we have seen this. I have entered a bug and submitted your save files. Do you happen to have a save file before you entered durgan's batter and before you completed the quest? If so please upload those files so I can take a look.

Can you also please upload an output log?

Thanks a bunch!

My before entering was a little early, but I opened it and replayed to the entrance. You can download it here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2maXBj7Qf1oX0ZhaWJsVFpyY2M

Here's a Player.log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2maXBj7Qf1oZTczb2xQdjRjcGs (I guess VRAM is unconnected to the actual amount of memory on your GPU?)

Also, I noticed something weird in one of my newer saves: I put boots of speed (+3) on Eder but he's going the same speed as the party unless I select only him. Whereas if they're on my main character she always just moves with +3 speed. Is that expected?

I had this happen, too.

I used an older save, entered the Battery from the end and walked back to the entrance level. This worked. Same if I enter the middle level and walk back. It even works if I:

Enter top level - Map reset.

Go out again.

Enter middle level - Map still cleared.

Walk to top level - Map still cleared.

To my Unity-clueless self it looks like the option to enter from top level creates kind of a new instance of the same map.

Here's my save.

(Still 2.0 though, I don't dare to update, I like my Sagani.)

Hello Aarik,

I have made the folder public just now (to the best of my knowledge anyway; haven't really done this before!). 

Thanks in advance for looking into this issue!

Could you please upload an output log as well so I can add it to my bug report?

Thanks.

I had this happen, too.

I used an older save, entered the Battery from the end and walked back to the entrance level. This worked. Same if I enter the middle level and walk back. It even works if I:

Enter top level - Map reset.

Go out again.

Enter middle level - Map still cleared.

Walk to top level - Map still cleared.

To my Unity-clueless self it looks like the option to enter from top level creates kind of a new instance of the same map.

Here's my save.

(Still 2.0 though, I don't dare to update, I like my Sagani.)

Thank you for your feedback. I will add this to the report.