"The nest above the clouds" quest doesn't end.

baydurka

Question

I killed the Sky dragon at act III but the quest didn't get updated. So I can't end it.

The dialog option just doesn't appear when I talk to the quest giver NPC.

Is there anything I can do besides backtracking to my last backup save :/

Thanks.

18 answers to this question

Update on my problem:

Which has gotten worse.

I read somewhere that actually Hylea was the one who ends the quest. 

Then I rushed to the temple and talked to Hylea. And she ordered me to solve the "dragon" problem again?!

Well, I solved it already. Nothing changes. 

:(

Hello Baydurka,

We are aware of the issue and is being looked into. But can you please upload a save file and an output log via dropbox so I can take a look? Please upload a file before you killed the dragon and after.

Thanks a bunch!

Edit: Could you also shed some light on how you went about the fight? Did you attack right away, did you prompt dialogue? What dialogue options did you go threw? Did you steal her items to start combat? 

I'm surprised this could be linked to my save.

Dropbox? don't you have an email or a FTP? Dropbox is an evil/spy corp, you know? Most people don't care but I do. We don't need to advertise them.

As a tease, I'll give you a mega link instead (the link on that page is hidden just under the big "download with" buttons).

You can also check this one again while you're at it. The uncontrollable game speed in combat is quite annoying, especially when it seems to be stuck on double speed. The speed button is then unresponsive.

I'm sorry, something strange happened. This is not the thread I posted this in! Well, not the one I wished to post in at any rate. I never even read this thread before! I've no idea how it happened.

This is the one I wanted to post in.

I'll repost there.

Again, sorry for the mistake.

Hi,

Unfortunately I'm having the same issue as Baydurka described above. After killing the dragon in quest "The nest above the cloud" there is no update happening on the quest. I tried to go back to the quest giver NPC, but I can not talk to it.
Can you please advise how to solve it?

Many thanks in advance!

Hell Singerl,

Try speaking with Hylea. Talking to her in Teir Ervon will complete the quest. If that is not the case then please upload a save file along with an output log via dropbox and post the link here. If possible please include a save file before you kill the dragon and after. 

Thanks!

OK, this happened to me too. I think it may happen when you extend your conversation with the Sky Dragon for as long as possible before provoking it to attack. That is, choosing the right dialogue options to achieve the quest's peaceful ending until the last node.

When I provoked the dragon right away and defeated it, the quest log updated properly.

Here's a saved game before the dragon: http://www.filedropper.com/86c6fe26022149408bb744934e5373f414842381templeofhylea

Edited by Infinitron

Hello from me too !
I have the same problem .. and well i dont have save before killing the dragon :( 

The thing is that i chose the answer .. "the god has send me to clean up a little bit " and that made the draco a little angry, so i had no choise but to kill it ...

Then i retrurned to the NPC  that gave the quest .. but nothing heppens .

Ah and there is another bug .. with the stats of weapons ( i might have save files here ) . The problem here is that i bought two   weapons from an armor shop in Twin Elms with stats like ..the first one - unique with exceptional crafting + 20 % attack speed + 20 % of atack dmg  restored as endurance .. and second one - unique with superb craft + on crits there is a chance to stun  .. well a rogue like that was amazing .. but after restarting my pc ... they became useless .. the first wep has naw somthing like 5 % of hits converted to crits ..  well crappy wep ... both of them :(

I had the same issue too. Here's how to fix it (this results in quest completing as you killing the dragon as it should):

1. Get IEMod for the extra console commands: http://rien-ici.com/iemod/

2. Open up ye olde console (~).

3. SetGlobalValue n_Nest_dragon_State 1

4. ForceAdvanceQuest data/quests/12_twin_elms_oldsong/12_qst_nest_above_the_clouds.quest

Proceed back to the temple and pray to Hylea again.

The bug is that n_Nest_dragon_State does not get set properly when selecting the aggressive option right away and engaging the dragon.

Note: You can tweak n_Nest_quest_main (1 = acquired, 2 = reached top, 3 = dealt with dragon) instead of complete the quest peacefully.

• Like 1

I

The bug is that n_Nest_dragon_State does not get set properly when selecting the aggressive option right away and engaging the dragon.

Ah, bummer. I was in a hurry, used that option and the quest didn't update after killing the dragon. I guess that save is on hold until it gets patched out. Anyone knows if the beta 2.02 patch fixes this?

Ah and there is another bug .. with the stats of weapons ( i might have save files here ) . The problem here is that i bought two   weapons from an armor shop in Twin Elms with stats like ..the first one - unique with exceptional crafting + 20 % attack speed + 20 % of atack dmg  restored as endurance .. and second one - unique with superb craft + on crits there is a chance to stun  .. well a rogue like that was amazing .. but after restarting my pc ... they became useless .. the first wep has naw somthing like 5 % of hits converted to crits ..  well crappy wep ... both of them :(

You should start a separate thread for this.