Draining enchantments disappear upon saving [bug]

Sylverlock

Question

I've picked up two weapons with the unique "draining" enchantment in my short time playing the game (first character). Both have had their draining quality disappear from them.

The first came on Gaun's Share (and I see there are other bug reports about that weapon). I didn't notice when this first occurred but on loading some old saves, every save where I had the weapon in my possession the draining enchantment was missing.  The second weapon where this happened is on Oidhreacht.  ​I just looted the Spider Queen and happily equipped Oidreacht to my rogue and did a quick save and then closed the game. Upon returning I noticed that my shiny new weapon was a LOT less shiny. This is when I checked up on Gaun's Share and first noticed it had been altered as well. I verified the integrity of my game files through Steam at this point but everything checked out.

Linked are my system specs, output log, and the quick save taken seconds after equipping the (then) fully functioning Oidreacht.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eg0pbr01r7r7ngl/AACZ3tjNQKY9j90TyzHWvJ8qa?dl=0

I've played >40h now, i'm in Od Nua level 8 and both Gaun's share and Oidhreacth lost their life stealing properties. I was dual wielding with my Cipher, and now it really pisses me off, 'cause your damn 2.01 patch (on GOG) is NOT retroactive! Please correct this, it needs a hotfix.

I've played >40h now, i'm in Od Nua level 8 and both Gaun's share and Oidhreacth lost their life stealing properties. I was dual wielding with my Cipher, and now it really pisses me off, 'cause your damn 2.01 patch (on GOG) is NOT retroactive! Please correct this, it needs a hotfix.

They broke in 2.0, but 2.01 fixed it. Might be a GOG patch issue. Anyone on Steam having this issue still? (I'm on Steam and they work fine.)

They broke in 2.0, but 2.01 fixed it. Might be a GOG patch issue. Anyone on Steam having this issue still? (I'm on Steam and they work fine.)

It's somehow hard to imagine, why such a specific thing should be broken only in the GOG-patch, but I can confirm that it is.

It's not only not retroactive, but I already managed to lose the enchantment on Gaun's Share in a newly created 2.01-game.

I am on Steam and they are still broken for me,

Just loaded 2.01 and while I can't comment on newly dropped items with the draining enchantment on them, I can say that the change was NOT retroactive. My versions of Gaun's Share and Oidhreacht which were stripped of the draining enchantment prior to 2.01 remain unchanged after 2.01.

I really wish it weren't the case but even after verifying the file integrity through steam I'm still having the same issues.

Saved game (items are equipped on character #3):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nvk50udjt4uni0m/84e63f4e14fa44ffb518a0ea818ca7c2%209837137%20FirstFires.savegame?dl=0

Output:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0jk02pmtf7nbdpp/output_log.txt?dl=0

Screenshot:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qush0g3habjb6su/Screenshot%202015-09-05%2000.36.51.png?dl=0

Just as a side note, I really appreciate the devs' efforts to squash all the bugs. Keep up the good work!

I have confirmed the bug on Sylverlock not being retroactive. I will open up the bug again and inform the programming department. 

Thank you guys for your patience and support!

• Like 1

I have POE (and PX1) on steam and I'm having the same issue with the 2.02 version. I'm reluctant to cheat (don't wanna fell like a cheater and lose my achievements) and there isn't a IE mod for 2.02 yet. Is there any other work around this issue? Help, please?

I remember it being reported in 2.01 that if you sell it to a vendor and buy it back it will have it again. You may also try putting it in a container and retrieving it.

Of course it may not be a viable solution since some items like the Rose of Salthollow can easily cost 10k+ coins.

I have POE (and PX1) on steam and I'm having the same issue with the 2.02 version. I'm reluctant to cheat (don't wanna fell like a cheater and lose my achievements) and there isn't a IE mod for 2.02 yet. Is there any other work around this issue? Help, please?

As explained here, chances are you are missing the draining.unity3d file.

If that's the case, grab the one Oralaina provided (link in the link above) and place it in your objectbundle folder. It might not fix items retroactively, however, so you may still have to sell and buyback or cheat for that.

On related news, IE Mod 5.06 beta for patch 2.02 has been out since the patch was released on Steam as announced here. It's not on Nexus's main page because it's a beta rather than a full-on release, I suppose. Works perfectly fine for me; download link.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

It partially solved with cheating. 

TLDR: Cheating worked with all itens except Cladhalíath

I'm going try to sum what I did I trying to restore Draining to my items:

1- First I checked if I had the draining.unity3d file. And I had it.

2- Then I exit the dungeon that I was at and went to a merchant. I sold my items (Cladhalíath, Borresaine and Edge of Reason) and bought it again - after I put it in a container and grabbed it and equip in a party member, dismiss him and recruit again. Nothing happend.

3- At this moment I thought that my "draining.unity3d" file was corrupted. Being so I download it again in the link suggested. And the draining still gone.

4- Then I decided it was time to cheat. I downloaded the IE mod and found the name of my Cladhalíath spear (that had a different name) and I added to my inventory. Oddly enough my recently added Cladhalíath had no draining.

5- After a really long time I had this idea: what if I tried with other items, because Cladhalíath had this ritual thing. And it worked with Borresaine and Edge of Reason.

I'm happy that I could save most of my items. But I'm annoyed because I lost a lot of time on this, I'm not in the mood to game anymore and lost my Cladhalíath - I really enjoyed that item.

Devs, if I may make a suggestion: in the next patch add a console command to add enchantments on items. I could save a lot of time for people with the same problem.

Ps. Draing lost the "Draing:" identification

Hello gabrielarantest,

The reason Cladhaliath doesn't have draining when you are using is the cheat is because you have to go through a series of scripted events to unlock the enchants. Using cheats to add the item just gives you the base spear. I will make a suggestion to the dev team about adding enchants through the console. 

Thank you for your support.