Whats with the long loading screens? As I progress into White March loading screens keeps getting longer and the game's performance keeps deteriorating..........

I mean I have a good machine wiith intel i7 processor, 16 GB Ram and nVIDIA 2GB dedicated memory graphic card, I played Witcher 3 on Ultra High settings but I can't seem to run White March properly.

I have to face 4 to 5 mins loading time every time I load the game and about 1 to 2 minutes loading time when i enter a building like an Inn or a house. The game is good but these long loading times are really putting me off. 

Is anyone else getting long loading screens?

Edited by Brimsurfer

Whats with the long loading screens? As I progress into White March loading screens keeps getting longer and the game's performance keeps deteriorating..........

I mean I have a good machine wiith intel i7 processor, 16 GB Ram and nVIDIA 2GB dedicated memory graphic card, I played Witcher 3 on Ultra High settings but I can't seem to run White March properly.

I have to face 4 to 5 mins loading time every time I load the game and about 1 to 2 minutes loading time when i enter a building like an Inn or a house. The game is good but these long loading times are really putting me off. 

I quit playing the game in April because load time were at about 20 seconds. It doesn't sound like a long time but this game has an absolutely enormous amount of transitions. I came back for 2.0 and bought The White March. I am sorely disappointed to discover the loading issue hasn't been fixed. What's worse is it doesn't seem to be getting fixed :((( 

I quit playing the game in April because load time were at about 20 seconds. It doesn't sound like a long time but this game has an absolutely enormous amount of transitions. I came back for 2.0 and bought The White March. I am sorely disappointed to discover the loading issue hasn't been fixed. What's worse is it doesn't seem to be getting fixed :((( 

They today at the PAX panel that next week's patch should improve the loading times. I'll believe it when I see it ,though.

If you really having 4-5, 1-2 minutes of loading times, you should have posted this on technical section IF you want a solution about It.

Edited by ruzen

Kana - "Sorry. It seems I'm not very good at raising spirits." Kana winces. "That was unintentional."

I thought the long-loading times were fixed in a patch a while back? When I first loaded up an old save, after installing TWM, it took a (long) while, but after that everything has been as fast as ever. IE anywhere from 4 to 6 seconds. And that's with an 80-hour saved game in Twin Elms.

All Unity games have similar problems, Shadowrun series and Wasteland 2 were the same. The longer you play the longer loading gets.

That's just bizzare. With something as popular (ubiquitous, even) as Unity, especially something that's gone through as many iterations as Unity... that's inexcusable.

All Unity games have similar problems, Shadowrun series and Wasteland 2 were the same. The longer you play the longer loading gets.

Hmm. I dont have this problem either with wasteland 2 or shadowrun games.

Also I am having a lot of crashes now, even though my graphic drivers are upto date.

Edited by Brimsurfer

It very much depends on what rig you're using. I started playing POE on a rather weak one and moved on to a stronger one since then. Loading times have been reduced by that move. They're still long, compared to other games - certainly longer as with the afore mentioned Shadowrun series - but it's bearable. In march I virtually could go and fix myself a coffee and the screen would still be loading.

I don't regret buying the game and am full of praise for it, but with patch 2.0 the loading times and overall performance jumped the shark. I stopped the time: 2 Minutes to get in the game after clicking on continue, 30 - 40 sec for any area transition, 20 seconds for entering random builiding. Combat is a mess now, with everything laggy and delayed. As much as I recognize the improvements done with TWM, this really breaks the game for me. Very sad.  :banghead:

Edited by Eisenheinrich

I've experienced this myself and I am by far less and advocate of Unity than I use to be. The idea of it is great, but the implementation turned out to be less than what I expected. All that coss-platform compatibility cost it in terms of performance.

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. - Julius Caesar

:facepalm: #define TRUE (!FALSE)

I ran across an article where the above statement was found in a release tarball. LOL! Who does something like this? Predictably, this oddity was found when the article's author tried to build said tarball and the compiler promptly went into cardiac arrest. If you're not a developer, imagine telling someone the literal meaning of up is "not down". Such nonsense makes computers, and developers... angry.

Well, as I said, it has become less of a pain for me after moving to a more powerful rig. But it's still long, compared to other games. The newest beta patch did nothing to reduce my loading times. Which, of course, is a subjective observation. I don't know how other users compare.

Well I am not a very technical person but my rig is powerful enough to run Witcher 3 and MGS 5: TPP on ultra high settings without any hitch, so I don't see any reason why this game takes forever to load.

Anyway, I just download beta 2.01 patch lets see if it improves the loading times.

Ok so loading times have improved, but they are still not where they should be for a game like this.

And now the new problem has started, the game crashes every 20 mins or so, mostly during or after loading or when i issue a command like clicking to move my party or even opening the inventory or journal or etc.

Its really very annoying.

I have 3 computers at home and it crashes on all of them. 

I have seen people on other forums saying the same thing, as I started looking for solution.

I am playing steam version btw.

Yes, me too. It has to have something to do with your specs, since - as I said -.it didn't crash on me even once.

So you should probably seek your answer in the technical forum by posting all your specs.

I have 3 computers at home and it crashes on all of them. 

I have seen people on other forums saying the same thing, as I started looking for solution.

I am playing steam version btw.

Yes, me too. It has to have something to do with your specs, since - as I said -.it didn't crash on me even once.

So you should probably seek your answer in the technical forum by posting all your specs.

You said the same thing before and I read it, why post again?

And this issue is not specific to me, there are several users on Reddit and steam as well reporting the same issue.

Not sure why you are hell bent on making this issue specific to me.

Also not having any kind of problems with any games so why should this game be different. 

Edited by Brimsurfer

And this issue is not specific to me, there are several users on Reddit and steam as well reporting the same issue.

Not sure why you are hell bent on making this issue specific to me.

Also not having any kind of problems with any games so why should this game be different. 

I'm sure there are many people having this issue and several reasons why it could crash. That's why I suggested to post your specs in the technical forum. If that advice offends you, keep on speculating for all I care.

I started up yesterday for the first time playing in awhile and I deleted all my old saves and started fresh...

I remember long load times when I started playing it but maybe because I started fresh and deleted all my old characters and their saves, my load times have been...like not even there. Like so short I don't even see it. I had even forgotten about the long load times because it's going so fast.

Like I said I'm not saying it's yals fault because I do remember the long load times, but since I deleted all my old saves and started fresh, I'm not seeing any atm. Granted I maybe just be lucky and may (hopefully not knock on wood) hit me later in the game, but I'll keep yal posted.